Author Topic: TO ALL IFBB PROS  (Read 20056 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: TO ALL IFBB PROS
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »
Bodybuilding Pro.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2008, 09:17:48 PM »
Hmmm..... Bob is strangely silent.  Even though he and Lee have widely differing accounts of this situation, he won't come out and say "Lee is a liar".

I wonder why?
Ron: "I am lazy."

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2008, 09:19:40 PM »
Hmmm..... Bob is strangely silent.  Even though he and Lee have widely differing accounts of this situation, he won't come out and say "Lee is a liar".

I wonder why?

I know you have your differences with Bob, and while I will not say Lee is a liar, I will say that he is completely unprofessional most of the time.  I would say Bob has more credibility than Lee.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2008, 09:22:20 PM »
I know you have your differences with Bob, and while I will not say Lee is a liar, I will say that he is completely unprofessional most of the time.  I would say Bob has more credibility than Lee.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and none of us knows exactly what went on... but it's clear that Lee's and Bob's versions of events don't exactly "jive". The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but for some reason I just don't trust anything the IFBB says.  It's not so much Bob I have a problem with, but the people he represents.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2008, 09:26:40 PM »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and none of us knows exactly what went on... but it's clear that Lee's and Bob's versions of events don't exactly "jive". The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but for some reason I just don't trust anything the IFBB says.  It's not so much Bob I have a problem with, but the people he represents.

haha, yeah I hear you.  Bob is to the IFBB what George Bush is to international banking interests.  Both would say they are doing what they want to do, and it's just a coincidence that doing it any other way would result in them losing their jobs.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
When i hear guys praising Joe, that Joe Weider made BB what it is today. That always cracks me up, he did make it the way it is, its like shit.he saw a opportunity to faten his pockets, besides a couple of pro's who is living that good? The damn athletes even have to pay for their pro card. BB would be better off without the weiders from the start.

Has Ben ever picked up a dumbell in his life?

Nice office you got there dipshit, you guys paid for it.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2008, 10:22:56 PM »
When i hear guys praising Joe, that Joe Weider made BB what it is today. That always cracks me up, he did make it the way it is, its like shit.he saw a opportunity to faten his pockets, besides a couple of pro's who is living that good? The damn athletes even have to pay for their pro card. BB would be better off without the weiders from the start.

Has Ben ever picked up a dumbell in his life?

Nice office you got there dipshit, you guys paid for it.

I've said this many times before and I'll say it again: the reason why bodybuilders make so little is because bodybuilding has no market value and so there is no big money coming in to pay the bodybuilders with.  It isn't a very in demand industry.  That is simple economics.  As for the Weiders, I give them credit for being publishing icons.  They definitely were good at what they did.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2008, 10:26:49 PM »

I wonder why?

No reason to call  Lee a lier, the only thing I heard him say was that "they knew he couldn't take the deal because he had seminars"....which is just plain wrong on all counts, what HE believes in his own head isn't reality.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2008, 10:36:29 PM »
To be fair to Chick here Lee Priest does have some serious mental issues. The guy's life is falling apart and he is lashing out at and blaming everyone but himself. It can't help waking up everyday and having to learn that he tattooed his face. It was a cry for help and he has disintegrated since.
O

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2008, 10:39:25 PM »
To be fair to Chick here Lee Priest does have some serious mental issues. The guy's life is falling apart and he is lashing out at and blaming everyone but himself. It can't help waking up everyday and having to learn that he tattooed his face. It was a cry for help and he has disintegrated since.

Yeah, Lee is a little unstable.  Not that I agree with Bob on everything, but I wouldn't want to debate Lee in any way.

And shit YES I would say this to his face, and also say anything I've said about Bob to his face, or anything I've said of ANY pro on here to their face.  What are they going to do, punch me?  ???
Bodybuilding Pro.com

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2008, 10:48:46 PM »
My biggest problem with Chick, is he always seems to defend the IFBB's actions and not the "athletes", he is the "athletes" rep right? Why wouldn't he come out and stand behind his "athletes" instead of saying, well, that's the way the IFBB operates, if they don't like it, they don't have to compete. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2008, 10:51:57 PM »
My biggest problem with George Bush is he always seems to defend the administration and not the people, he is the people's president, right?  Why wouldn't he come out and stand behind the people instead of saying, well, that's the way the USA operates, if they don't like it, they don't have to live there. ::)

Fixed.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2008, 10:52:25 PM »
My biggest problem with Chick, is he always seems to defend the IFBB's actions and not the "athletes", he is the "athletes" rep right? Why wouldn't he come out and stand behind his "athletes" instead of saying, well, that's the way the IFBB operates, if they don't like it, they don't have to compete. ::)

Bingo.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2008, 10:56:40 PM »
Fixed.
You're Canadian fuckface, you don't have a say in the matter, you'll do as we tell you. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2008, 11:02:58 PM »

BY all means, give an example...

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2008, 11:19:09 PM »
You're Canadian fuckface, you don't have a say in the matter, you'll do as we tell you. :-*

Not that I like to admit it, but truer words have never been spoken.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »
Chick you should put a good word in for Lee, he needs to be back.

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2008, 01:58:15 AM »
No problem...

ALL pro's have ben informed of the changes, and they can keep themselves updated via the official IFBB website at www.ifbbpro.com

I merely posted it as a "just in case" to anyone who may have been interested but perhaps they forgot, or it slipped their mind, or maybe they made a time machine and were busy fighting the morlocks trying to get back to the present time....you never know.

Just "in case"? forgot?? slipped their mind??? Bob you are so full of sh*t  You my friend are a company man, you don't represent the "athlets" you represent yourself, the IFBB, and whatever else Manion tells you to  stand up for.  You have a job and don't want to lose it, which makes sense, but don't try to fool us by tring to act like you have an objective opininon. These old muscle worshiping men rule you and control you.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2008, 02:02:15 AM »
Yeah, Lee is a little unstable.  Not that I agree with Bob on everything, but I wouldn't want to debate Lee in any way.

And shit YES I would say this to his face, and also say anything I've said about Bob to his face, or anything I've said of ANY pro on here to their face.  What are they going to do, punch me?  ???

You wouldn't say shit to Titus :D
No doubt about it...

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2008, 02:04:27 AM »
You wouldn't say shit to Titus :D

Actually, I have a deep rooted hatred for guys like Titus.  The "bad boy" moron type of guy.  So I would say it to his face too, even if it meant him smashing me out.  People like him make me sick.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2008, 02:08:14 AM »
Actually, I have a deep rooted hatred for guys like Titus.  The "bad boy" moron type of guy.  So I would say it to his face too, even if it meant him smashing me out.  People like him make me sick.

Yeah. I'm not too sure about Lee, but Titus was (obviously) one very unstable guy. I think Lee is just a bit quirky, not anything actually wrong with him.
No doubt about it...

BigSexy50

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2008, 06:43:25 AM »

When you say his life is falling apart, what do you mean?  I heard he is moving back to Australia, did he lose his home in Texas?  What about the drag racing teams?

He has everyone over at MD believing he is all natural right now.  It is amusing how they all stick up for him when I say he is lying.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2008, 08:23:39 AM »

Just "in case"? forgot?? slipped their mind??? Bob you are so full of sh*t  You my friend are a company man, you don't represent the "athlets" you represent yourself, the IFBB, and whatever else Manion tells you to  stand up for.  You have a job and don't want to lose it, which makes sense, but don't try to fool us by tring to act like you have an objective opininon. These old muscle worshiping men rule you and control you.

I post a simple reminder and I'm "full of shit"..? and a "company man"..?

What the hell are you talking about??

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2008, 10:33:45 AM »
BY all means, give an example...
The whole debacle with Priest competing for PDI....never once on this board did I read you saying "Yes, he should be able to make money no matter the organization" Instead you spouted the company motto "Deal with it or don't compete here".

I don't understand how IFBB can support these guys dealing drugs, doing g4p, stripping and doing whatever else they need to do to make ends meet, yet they are going to "punish" someone that wants to compete in an org. that they know is no threat to them.

Q Bob and his bullshit about the IFBB has the same rules about competing in other orgs as the NFL.... ::)  There is a huge difference there Robert, what is the base pay for an NFL player compared to the base pay of a bodybuilder?  Suddenly you don't want to compare them, huh? ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »
Matt C,

I think BBing has a lot of value.  I just think, as a sport overall, they're underachieving.  You have a population of 310 million people (in USA alone), and 95% of them want to look better.  Bodybuilders and fitness/figure look good (when not taken to the extreme of course).

They're just not reaching potential because they choose not to.  Whether it be old grudges, or just the complacency that comes with "I'm rich and I am happy and I don't see a need to grow", I don't know.  I do know that a real PR firm could make BBing more mainstream.  Ask 1000 people what they like/dislike about bodybuilders or a BBing show.  Then start making changes.  The only changes we've seen in the last 2 decades are prize $ increases below the cost-of-living rate, and wider guts.  Go back to 1975 when the trend was growth, see why they stopped growing.  Stop catering to the weird old men and start catering to what you ascertain to be the interest of the masses.  Of course, you'd have to take ego out of the equation to do that.