Author Topic: Lidocaine vs. Steeeroids  (Read 1011 times)

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
Lidocaine vs. Steeeroids
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:16:44 AM »
Okay,
 I was watching ESPN yesterday, the show that has two guys sitting across from each other and its moderated by a female. It's not Pardon the Interuption and seems to only come on in the morning but I can't remember the name. Anyway, they were talking about the Clemens scandal and one of the guys said how could everyone be so pissed about guys using steroids when they get lidocane/cortisone shots sometimes on a daily basis. He said that brings out an outright immediate performance enhancement and if thats okay, why not steroids. The other guy, Skip Bayless I think, said because steroids are "anabolic" and give you an advantage that you normally could not attain. The other guy came back with, "well, without the cortisone shot they wouldn't even be able to play, so how is it not a performance enhancer". Whats you guys take on this? I post this same question on sports boards, especially baseball ones, and those ass hats can't wrap their brains around it.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: Lidocaine vs. Steeeroids
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
when there is money, fame, girl, plastic trophy, street cred, academic achiement, career advancement or even crossing the street faster humans will seek an advantage..you would be a fool not to
Here comes the money shot

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:26:02 AM »
To make that comparison is a definite leap.  If that's the case then there are many people that are on "performance enhancers", some 70-80 years old.  Another media personality proving they know nothing about steroids, corticosteroids, and performance enhancement.  Some people think that 2 shots of HGH makes a significant difference and that it makes these guys into beasts. 
Squishy face retard

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 10:27:23 AM »
That's their "Cold Pizza" show. Skip Bayless is pretty annoying.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 10:44:29 AM »
To make that comparison is a definite leap.  If that's the case then there are many people that are on "performance enhancers", some 70-80 years old.  Another media personality proving they know nothing about steroids, corticosteroids, and performance enhancement.  Some people think that 2 shots of HGH makes a significant difference and that it makes these guys into beasts. 

I don't think that it is a leap at all...sure we can argue about performance enhancer effectiveness but that is a different topic

take for example the Decathlon, performed over a series of days

don't you think that it is a distinct advantage to be ready the next day pain free and fully recovered from the previous day?
Here comes the money shot

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 10:50:37 AM »
I don't think that it is a leap at all...sure we can argue about performance enhancer effectiveness but that is a different topic

take for example the Decathlon, performed over a series of days

don't you think that it is a distinct advantage to be ready the next day pain free and fully recovered from the previous day?

Sore muscles are different than sore joints, etc.  Take baseball for instance, steroids increase recovery in a long season, increase reaction timing, jumping, running, hitting power, etc.  Lidocaine shots, which I have had, can decrease pain but they only mask it for so long.  There is nothing permanent or long term about it.  The average Joe can get those shots while AAS is hard to get legally unless you need HRT. 
Squishy face retard

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 10:59:05 AM »
you got to be crazy since 1960 to NOT use hormones to enhance your performance as an athlete wether amatuer or professional,,hormones make you perform at your best ,,make you look big even if youre small,,make you a lot more attractive to the other gender if youre a male,,make women even come on to you and get out of their way to have you even if it cost them their pride,,hormones are the reaons for records,,hormones are the reason for the ability to play 5 games in one week ,,hormones andx drugs are the reason big pharma individuals are so damn rich as in among the richest people around the world ,,hormones are the reason usa and ussr done so well in olympics games,,

you neeed to be out of your mind to stay true natural now days because you will LOSE,,every single time you walk among the hormonized you will lose,,its like a gold fish walking among sharks,,the gold fish is pretty boy but he cant do no damage and in 99% cases gets eaten and nobody sees heras or give a damn

thats the last 40-50 years for you ,,the HORMONIZED YEARS,,from little to lots,,from simple to complicated
fallen angel

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 11:36:07 AM »
So what about caffeine...isn't that a peformance enhancer too? Or how about vitamins...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 11:36:51 AM »
So what about caffeine...isn't that a peformance enhancer too? Or how about vitamins...
or food?
Squishy face retard

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 11:39:21 AM »
or food?

Oxygen should be on the banned list too.