Author Topic: How the hell is Belicheat the Coach of the Year?  (Read 6231 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: How the hell is Belicheat the Coach of the Year?
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 01:32:39 PM »
A coach who completes a shut out should not get the Coach of the Year award?

Give me some solid reason behind that.

BTW, I'm a 49'er, so NE isn't even my team.

If not for the cheating scandal - which has been whitewashed by the league - then I would've agreed with you in an instant.

By giving this award, they say, "Cheating is ok."

And if it's ok for Belichick, then it's ok for everyone else who does it, too. 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 05:04:45 PM »
If not for the cheating scandal - which has been whitewashed by the league - then I would've agreed with you in an instant.

The AP gives out the Coach of the Year award.

Not the NFL. Blame the Press.

marinesgt

• Getbig III
  • Talk again..I'll snatch the life from your body...
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 08:05:53 AM »
i would have voted for Wade Phillips myself. When you can take a team that has been sucking for the last couple of years and make the better than they ever have been. that says alot. of course i am a diehard Cowboys fan so i may be bias. ;D
FIYAAAH!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 08:07:31 AM »
Thats Bill's team....he added the calmness but it remains to be seen what would have happend if they had a few bad games...as far as what TO would have said.
L

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 09:25:42 AM »

That said the jags and the colts are tough. It is going to be a tough road , that for sure.

I've been hearing that a lot up here, but, to me, the Jaguars seem like a team the Pats will manhandle.  It's just like the Pats fool people into thinking they're declining because they didn't blow teams out the last 5 weeks, then show up and dominate when it counts.  We'll see.

My season is already a success, but now the Giants are making me believe they're going to beat Dallas.
Y

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 11:13:11 AM »
That Dallas/Giants game will be close i think, its tough for a team to beat another three times in one year. the Boys havent looked good for more than a month now., its dissapointing really.
 the Pats will roll over the Jags. watching the Jags game last week, they left alot of Steelers wideouts open, Brady will take advantage of that.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2008, 11:27:24 AM »

i agree, to give the award to someone who was fined for cheating is strange. although going 16-0 is incredible regardless.
 i found it peculiar that the league swept spygate under the rug. if what they found was so incriminating that they levied the largest fine in NFL history why not at least say what they found? instead they destroyed the tape from what i heard and didnt say anything about it. i was thinking that what they found may have been detrimental to the Pats dynasty and the nfl decided it was best not to dig up the past, for the sake of the league and its integrity. a scandal that would question or place a dark cloud over the most dominant team in the past ten years would be a huge step back for the NFL being that they are the strongest sport by far.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2008, 11:30:28 AM »
I think the Jags have the running game to keep Brady and Co. off the field for a long time. That gives them a punchers chance.

I still think the Pats win though.

My Cowboys need TO to be 90% healthy to win. Or Eli needs to revert back to being Eli. The Giants O-line is pretty banged up so the Cowboys could get a ton of pressure on him.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »
your Boys need to RUN THE BALL!! and utilize paly action later. why dont they run the ball more?? Barber is awesome i dont understand it. is Wade saving him or something?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2008, 11:41:48 AM »
your Boys need to RUN THE BALL!! and utilize paly action later. why dont they run the ball more?? Barber is awesome i dont understand it. is Wade saving him or something?

You're preaching to the choir. I hate that they don't use Barber that much. I would give him the ball 30 times a game. He gets stronger as the game goes and he punishes tacklers. With that huge line, by the 4th quarter, the defense would be on their heels.

I'm pretty sure they re-sign him next year and let Jones go. I can't believe we passed on Stephen Jackson for that dude in the draft.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »
for as much credit as Parcells deserves which he does, that was a bad choice hind sight being 20/20 of course. on the other hand if he did take Jackson, they wouldnt be able to keep both Barber and Jackson anyway. personally i would take Barber slightly over Jackson. if the Boys are smart they will utilize a two back system while they have Barber to prolong his career...i think.
on the other side i think your safeties are vulnerable, Williams and Hamlen.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 12:28:53 PM »
I think Jackson, when healthy, is in the top 3 of running backs in the league. His receiving skills are top notch out of the backfield. I would've loved to had the problem of deciding which one to keep.

Hamlin is a little too aggressive at times which puts him out of position but he is still one of the best in the league. Roy gets killed for having bad coverage skills but what safety can defend the tightends in the league today? I see safety after safety getting killed each week by Witten, Gates, Clark, etc. What worries me about Roy is that his run support this year has been subpar.

body88

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 01:04:26 PM »
i agree, to give the award to someone who was fined for cheating is strange. although going 16-0 is incredible regardless.
 i found it peculiar that the league swept spygate under the rug. if what they found was so incriminating that they levied the largest fine in NFL history why not at least say what they found? instead they destroyed the tape from what i heard and didn't say anything about it. i was thinking that what they found may have been detrimental to the Pats dynasty and the NFL decided it was best not to dig up the past, for the sake of the league and its integrity. a scandal that would question or place a dark cloud over the most dominant team in the past ten years would be a huge step back for the NFL being that they are the strongest sport by far.

This is what gets me about spygate. You have no clue what you are talking about. The actual tape that was confiscated from the jets game was all over youtube. It was all over the media. It was a video of three jets employee's doing hand signals 8 min into the game. Honestly the tape is laughable. I posted the video on this website in the spygate thread months ago , go take a look. The tape was not destroyed before the public saw it. The tape was leaked from within! People even said Goodel was to blame since the tape was leaked on to the newsstation where his wife worked! The NFL talked plenty about the situation. Goodel said the tape had no outcome on the game. The pats where not fined for stealing signs , they where fined for violating the league rules which does not allow "video machines" in certain parts of the field. There is no rule against stealing signs. The competitive advantage was the pats using a video machine in the wrong place. That is why they where fined.

You are talking about the duplicate tapes dating back to 2001 that where destroyed. Goodel watched them found there to be no illegal information on them , and destroyed them so none of them would be leaked again. Why would Goodel show the entire world all of the pats scouting tapes dating back to 2001 , that makes no sense. As I just told you the first tape Goodel had mysteriously was leaked to his wifes tv station. If other teams got there hands on the pats scouting tapes dating back to 2001 that would be a huge advantage to them. The rules committee has several gm's and head coaches from rival teams on the board. Any one of them could have leaked the jets tape , or used the pats scouting tapes to prepare if they wanted to. You cant punish someone and have all the information you request leaked by your own board. Not good. You're post is riddled with false statements and theory's that have absolutely no base. If Goodel wanted to protect the pats dynasty he would not have fined them in the first place.

You need to accept the fact the pats got bagged for violating a league rule one time. They made a mistake and payed the price. Just like the niners dynasty and countless others. No offense but at least know a little bit about the situation you are talking about before you spout off.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 01:17:46 PM »
but what safety can defend the tightends in the league today? I see safety after safety getting killed each week by Witten, Gates, Clark, etc.

true, there are so many good TE's in the league now.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 01:29:01 PM »
This is what gets me about spygate. You have no clue what you are talking about. The actual tape that was confiscated fromthe jets game was all over youtube. It was a video of three jets employees doing hand signals 8 min into the game. Honestly it is laughable.

Yes so laughable that the league fined Bill the largest fine ever, they obvioulsy found nothing. ::) they probably fined Bill just because the league has something against him right?

You need to accept the fact the pats got bagged for violating a leauge rule one time. They made a mistake and payed the price. At least know a little bit about the situation you are talking about before you spout off.

you need to accept the fact that he got caught cheating.
i highly doubt that the spygate incedent was his first time... but im just speculating  ;)

body88

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2008, 01:33:48 PM »
Yes so laughable that the league fined Bill the largest fine ever, they obvioulsy found nothing. ::) they probably fined Bill just because the league has something against him right?

you need to accept the fact that he got caught cheating.
i highly doubt that the spygate incedent was his first time... but im just speculating  ;)

It is laughable that you are missing the point yet again. You dont know what you are talking about. Everyone did see the tape that was confiscated. You claimed it was swept under the rug and never talked about or seen by anyone outside of Roger Goodel. Fact is the tape was seen by everyone in the public and media and you had no clue since you didn't bother to look before you formed an opinion. I was not talking about the actual fine or what they found. If you want to see what the NFL found , watch the tape lol. Contrary to what you said it is infact out there and it was not destroyed before anyone saw it.

I just told you what the pats where fined for. Its as simple as looking at the information , which obv you have not done.

I accept the fact the pats where fined for a rule violation like the NFL said. They where fined for having a video machine on the sidelines. The nfl never said they cheated , you did, that's your opinion and thats fine. Stealing signs is not illegal. Look it up. Thats not what the pats where fined for. Those are the facts. A video machine on the sidelines is illegal , the pats had one , so they paid the price.

Btw it is quite funny how you scoff at the nation the NFL might have something against Belichick , then come up with conspiracy theory's of tapes being swept under the rug. Man oh man how rich  ::) If you want to have a legit argument dont cherry pick posts  ::)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »

I accept the fact the pats where fined for a rule violation like the NFL said. They where fined for having a video machine on the sidelines. The nfl never said they cheated , you did, that's your opinion and thats fine. Stealing signs is not illegal. Look it up. Thats not what the pats where fined for. Those are the facts. A video machine on the sidelines is illegal , the pats had one , so they paid the price.

i like the way you associate their "rule violation" like it was a simple uniform infraction, you being a Pats fan-atic i wouldnt expect you to be objective. the NFL would be stupid to admit that it was cheating. what would you consider it? just a rule violation?

Btw it is quite funny how you scoff at the nation the NFL might have something against Belichick

yes i scoff at your notion that the nfl might have something against Bill..you actually think that there is an agenda by the nfl? ::) oh brother....

body88

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2008, 03:39:13 PM »
i like the way you associate their "rule violation" like it was a simple uniform infraction, you being a Pats fan-atic i wouldnt expect you to be objective. the NFL would be stupid to admit that it was cheating. what would you consider it? just a rule violation?

yes i scoff at your notion that the nfl might have something against Bill..you actually think that there is an agenda by the nfl? ::) oh brother....

In short you are totally avoiding the fact you had no clue what you where talking about with your initial post of a tape being brushed under the rug and held from the public.

I didn't expect you to answer that part of my post.  That would require YOU to be objective and know a few facts about the topic you are spouting off about.

I don't know if  there is any agenda against Belichick. I know he is hared by several mediots. Thats nothing new. I think the pats where taken to the shithouse over a rule violation that is pretty comin place in the nfl.

How rich you speak of objectivity , when it is quit clear from your initial post you made up 95 percent of the accusations you made  :) Fact is no tape was ever held from the public nor swept under the rug with no one being able to see it.

You claim the point I made about certain folks having a agenda against Bill Belichick is absurd , yet you claim the NFL swept the entire situation under the rug. Thats pure gold.

If you actually knew about the panel that reviews rule violations you would have found out there are several head coaches on that board that could infact have a little something to gain by leaking a tape , or trashing the pats. Bill Polian comes to mind. That's neither here nor there since I dont think that was the case. My point was its not insane to question it.

Dont get upset with me because I qouted exactly what the NFL punished the pats for straight from the horses mouth. Not my fault you dont know much about the topic you are speaking from other then what you heard from joe schmoe or plain old made up.

I think the pats where busted for taping sings with a camera in a inapropriate place. They where not punished for stealing sings. I dare you to find me where in the rules it says you cannot steal signs. I guess the pats are the ONLY team to have commited some sort of violation of the rules. Spare us please. the jets did the exact same crap and nothing happened to them.

The NFL investigated this incident and came to the conclusion this was a one time issue. Just deal with it. The pats payed there fine and then went 16 - 0. Tough to take I know.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2008, 04:11:34 PM »
the Pats cheated and they paid the price live with it. that was my point. and i think the fact that he was fined so heavily and lost a 1st rd pick proves it. you can get technical and call it a "rule violation" and narrow it down to the illegal use of a recording device or whatever if you wish, but it is what it is. you sound like a lawyer trying to defend a guilty person when it come down to it he was cheating.
 and it would be silly for you to assume that i could get mad over a fanatic on a message board regarding sports. i use this for what it is, which is merely entertainment  ;D
and for the record
Btw it is quite funny how you scoff at the nation the NFL might have something against Belichick
dont worry im sure the nfl will soon be exposed for their "hidden agenda"  ::) against Bill and the Pats.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2008, 04:16:36 PM »
i gotta get back to work for a little while Bod i'll be back a little later if i can. serioulsy have a great weekend, good luck against the Jags and enjoy the game, i dont think it will be that good of a game though. looking forward to the Colts/Pats championship game.

body88

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2008, 05:46:51 PM »
i gotta get back to work for a little while Bod i'll be back a little later if i can. serioulsy have a great weekend, good luck against the Jags and enjoy the game, i dont think it will be that good of a game though. looking forward to the Colts/Pats championship game.

You know this is all in good fun my friend. I love the debate. Have a great weekend also. Go cheaters!!!!  ;)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2008, 06:00:50 PM »
You know this is all in good fun my friend. I love the debate. Have a great weekend also. Go cheaters!!!!  ;)

If there were a team called "the cheaters" I would be a die hard fan.  :)

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2008, 06:03:31 PM »
    If there were a team called "the cheaters" I would be a die hard fan.  :)

They are known as the Raiders. At least they used to be.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2008, 10:33:10 PM »

Aren't Goodel and the Patriots' owner bosom buddies?

At a minimum, they should've lost their highest draft pick this year. 

This is what gets me about spygate. You have no clue what you are talking about. The actual tape that was confiscated from the jets game was all over youtube. It was all over the media. It was a video of three jets employee's doing hand signals 8 min into the game. Honestly the tape is laughable. I posted the video on this website in the spygate thread months ago , go take a look. The tape was not destroyed before the public saw it. The tape was leaked from within! People even said Goodel was to blame since the tape was leaked on to the newsstation where his wife worked! The NFL talked plenty about the situation. Goodel said the tape had no outcome on the game. The pats where not fined for stealing signs , they where fined for violating the league rules which does not allow "video machines" in certain parts of the field. There is no rule against stealing signs. The competitive advantage was the pats using a video machine in the wrong place. That is why they where fined.

You are talking about the duplicate tapes dating back to 2001 that where destroyed. Goodel watched them found there to be no illegal information on them , and destroyed them so none of them would be leaked again. Why would Goodel show the entire world all of the pats scouting tapes dating back to 2001 , that makes no sense. As I just told you the first tape Goodel had mysteriously was leaked to his wifes tv station. If other teams got there hands on the pats scouting tapes dating back to 2001 that would be a huge advantage to them. The rules committee has several gm's and head coaches from rival teams on the board. Any one of them could have leaked the jets tape , or used the pats scouting tapes to prepare if they wanted to. You cant punish someone and have all the information you request leaked by your own board. Not good. You're post is riddled with false statements and theory's that have absolutely no base. If Goodel wanted to protect the pats dynasty he would not have fined them in the first place.

You need to accept the fact the pats got bagged for violating a league rule one time. They made a mistake and payed the price. Just like the niners dynasty and countless others. No offense but at least know a little bit about the situation you are talking about before you spout off.

body88

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2008, 08:18:18 AM »
Aren't Goodel and the Patriots' owner bosom buddies?

At a minimum, they should've lost their highest draft pick this year. 

No more or less then several other owners in the NFL. I mean if you get into that kinda thing it should be known Goodel worked for the jets orginazation for many years.

The pats did lose there highest draft choice. You cannot take a draft choice away that was gotten through trade because all of the players the niners took in that trade have contracts and are active. You cant do that.

Anyway im going to enjoy the pats win over the jags.