Author Topic: How the hell is Belicheat the Coach of the Year?  (Read 6266 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
How the hell is Belicheat the Coach of the Year?
« on: January 05, 2008, 11:24:57 AM »

Voted by the same group of assholes who demonize Bonds, Clemens, McGuire at every available opportunity...fucking hypocrites.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: How the hell is Belicheat the Coach of the Year?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 11:34:53 AM »
How could he not be?  No one is even close.  Dungy maybe, given all the Colts injuries? 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 08:29:07 PM »
 ::)

Historian Yates

• Getbig V
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! & I'm a llama! & Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 09:05:31 PM »
 ::)

body88

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 12:16:12 AM »
Voted by the same group of assholes who demonize Bonds, Clemens, McGuire at every available opportunity...fucking hypocrites.

Are you actually saying Bill was not RIPPED all year by the same people who voted for him? Thanks for the laugh bud!

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 02:10:18 AM »

because in truth, there really was no cheating...Every team does the same thing...No one says a word...But some douche bag of Tom Tognelli proportions coaching the jets had to let the media in on it...Pats were the scape goat...So Bill made every fucking team pay...Mengini days are numbered in the NFL...If he can't turn the Jets around in 2 more years, he will probably be picked up by one more team and if thats a failure, he will be gone for good...My guess is he will sign with some college after he realises that he sucks as a coach and everyone hates him

body88

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 12:05:53 PM »
because in truth, there really was no cheating...Every team does the same thing...No one says a word...But some douche bag of Tom Tognelli proportions coaching the jets had to let the media in on it...Pats were the scape goat...So Bill made every fucking team pay...Mengini days are numbered in the NFL...If he can't turn the Jets around in 2 more years, he will probably be picked up by one more team and if thats a failure, he will be gone for good...My guess is he will sign with some college after he realises that he sucks as a coach and everyone hates him

I know right? The jets got bagged for doing the same thing this year. No one cared. Jealousy is a helluva feeling!!!!

The niners had cap gate during there dynasty. Same thing with the Broncos when they won it all. Chargers and there juicing players last year , it goes on and on. Shula and his 72 phins where fined draft pics for tampering during there undefeated season. Its in vouge to trash the pats.The pats had camera gate. Which is a joke since stealing sings is perfectly legal. The spygate talk is sour grapes to the highest level.

16 - 0
Belichick coach of the year
Brady MVP
Brady all time td leader
Moss Offensive player of the year
Moss all time td leader
Most points scored by a team in history. The other teams where dome teams pats play in basically Alaska.
Most offensive td's scored by different players ever.
Wes Welker most receptions on the year
9 pro bowlers
Contending for a 4th sb in 7 years.

Hate on haters!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
The Pats will lose in the playoffs.

body88

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 12:21:57 PM »
The Pats will lose in the playoffs.

They could. Anyone can. I think they have a team that can score a lot of points and a team that has proven they can adapt to the situation and win. Blow outs, bad weather games, coming from behind, stepping up when the absolutly have to make a stop, lining up and pounding it. Road games, dealing with explosive offensive teams etc etc. The pats have been in every type of game this year and found a way to win.

With two weeks to prepare for there first opponent , and a fresh rested team I think they will win there games.

That said the jags and the colts are tough. It is going to be a tough road , that for sure.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 05:16:55 AM »
 Look at his team this year...it would be a slap in his face to not give it to him when his team went 16-0.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 06:52:26 AM »
Look at his team this year...it would be a slap in his face to not give it to him when his team went 16-0.

True dat.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 04:44:56 PM »
Are you actually saying Bill was not RIPPED all year by the same people who voted for him? Thanks for the laugh bud!

They were too busy praising him for being a 'genius'.   ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 04:47:48 PM »

AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE.

Bill has given America the middle finger and you're all sucking his dick in return and paying for the privilege.

McCarthy and Jack Del Rio were *easy* choices for this award...and I probably would've gone with Del Rio - have you seen what he had to work with at the start of this season??

body88

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 06:51:56 PM »
They were too busy praising him for being a 'genius'.   ::)

False. Bill was ripped to no end. You are obv trying to stir the pot. Bill was ripped pre season for giving up a second and a 7th for welker and taking on a washed up randy Moss. When Bill built the only 16 game undefeated team in history the pundits scoffed at his moves and trades. Pioli and Bill where ripped for trading away there second first rounder which turned into the seventh overall pick in this years draft. Bill was Ripped all year for everything under the sun. Personal attacks the whole nine. The guys who did the ripping still voted him coach of the year. Thats respect. To give due to a person you hate.

Claiming Del Rio is a better coach when Bill led a team to sixteen undefeated games is laughable. You talk as though the Jags have no talent (lmao). Right with a top notch defense ,  the best running game in the NFL, a top rated qb and fantastic special teams its amazing del rio made the playoffs ::)

At least be honest when you post. To claim Bill was not crucified in the media this year is false. Its not like anyone agrees with what you said anyway. That includes the entire NFL, national sports writers and this board.

Try to answer this post with a factual argument instead of the hate filled nonsense you normally spew about the pats.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 06:58:19 PM »
acknowledging he cheated, then forcing him to give up a first round pick as well as fining him the largest amount ever in NFL history $500,00.00 then giving him the coach of the year honor? not saying he shouldnt have got it but when you put things into perspective....
there are a lot of coaches who deserve this award every year.

body88

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 07:06:07 PM »
acknowledging he cheated, then forcing him to give up a first round pick as well as fining him the largest amount ever in NFL history $500,00.00 then giving him the coach of the year honor? not saying he shouldnt have got it but when you put things into perspective....

Tell us from a coaching standpoint why Bill is not the coach of the year?

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 08:05:33 PM »

No one has done what the pats have done EVA...If any other coach were coaching this team, they WOULD NOT have accomplished this...Everyone in the Pats organization buys into 100% of what Bill is teaching...Its the single reason a guy like Moss wanted to come here in the first place...Its a no bullshit team...Fucking Brady makes 6 million a year...That is peanuts...He could be the highest paid player in NFL history if he wanted to....He wants to play here...And so does just about everyone else in the NFL...Love em or hate them...

For argument sake, lets say the Pats got caught for "cheating" in the first game of the season...The info they were getting from the Jets couldn't even be used in the game they were playing with...So really they didn't cheat in the game itself...And after that game, they were prohibited from video taping the other team...So they go 16-0 and break just about every record along the way and Bill B. shouldn't get coach of the year?  That in itself would be the silliest thing to ever happen....Right up there with some jackass even thinking about giving Brett Favre a vote for player of the year...That is a kiss ass vote...And done on principle and not done on what the guidelines are for voting for such a thing...

body88

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 08:46:13 PM »

No one has done what the pats have done EVA...If any other coach were coaching this team, they WOULD NOT have accomplished this...Everyone in the Pats organization buys into 100% of what Bill is teaching...Its the single reason a guy like Moss wanted to come here in the first place...Its a no bullshit team...Fucking Brady makes 6 million a year...That is peanuts...He could be the highest paid player in NFL history if he wanted to....He wants to play here...And so does just about everyone else in the NFL...Love em or hate them...

For argument sake, lets say the Pats got caught for "cheating" in the first game of the season...The info they were getting from the Jets couldn't even be used in the game they were playing with...So really they didn't cheat in the game itself...And after that game, they were prohibited from video taping the other team...So they go 16-0 and break just about every record along the way and Bill B. shouldn't get coach of the year?  That in itself would be the silliest thing to ever happen....Right up there with some jackass even thinking about giving Brett Favre a vote for player of the year...That is a kiss ass vote...And done on principle and not done on what the guidelines are for voting for such a thing...

The comish said himself that tape had no outcome on the jets game. He was also satisfied there was no rules broken when looking into the pats paperwork and tapes dating all the way back to 01.

The NFL never said the pats cheated. Stealing sings is not illegal , having a cam on the sidelines is a rule violation. Just like when the jets where caught for the same crap last year at foxboro. The pats didnt turn them in. No one cared because they are terrible. Half the goofs talking don't even know what the pats where actually punished for.

Spygate is nothing more then hypocritical haters grasping at anything they can to discredit the best franchise of the salary cap era.

What a crock. All the drugs everyone the players take. The players running wild. Now everyone is all high and mighty ::) I don't get why no one talks about the niners getting fined draft picks for cheating the cap during there dynasty. How about the broncos doing the same thing so they could field extra players (John Elway). They where fined picks. The chargers and there steriod issues last year.The 72 dolphins where fined draft choices for tampering with Don Shula. The list goes on and on.

Spygate is such a load of shit. Stealing signs is perfectly legal. Its ok to do with high speed cams,video cams in the stands, and lip readers, but not a video cam in a certain area. The pats where the scapegoat, they where fined , they where found innocent of further rule violations after the investigation , move on. I mean honestly the haters just never quit looking for any excuse to rip the pats. Splitting hairs to fuel an agenda. Nothing more.

Del Rio had a better coaching year? LMAO!

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 10:06:50 PM »
Del Rio had a better coaching year? LMAO!

I can kind of see what he's saying. I think I could've coached that team to at least a 12-4 record. I think the GM should get more of the accolades but Bill is deserving of coach of the year.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 05:18:59 AM »

How many games did he lose during regular season?

Well, there you go...
As empty as paradise

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 05:28:35 AM »

Bill has given America the middle finger and you're all sucking his dick in return and paying for the privilege.

wrong. I am from Indianapolis so needless to say I am not a Patriots fan. That will get you killed around here.  ;D

And I don't give a rats ass about their coach, BUT they are a great ball team, and just like the coach takes most of the blame when a team stinks up the place, they also get much of the credit when they are succesful. What's wrong with that?

body88

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 06:16:31 AM »
The gm is Scott Pioli. Bill has just as much say in personnel as Pioli. They both pick players. It has been that way for years. When Bill was building this team pre season the media was ripping him. How could the pats give up a second and a seventh rounder for a guy no one ever heard of in Wes Welker? The pundits ripped him for giving up a fourth round choice for a old washed up malcontent in Randy Moss. People called them crazy for trading away there second first rounder in a package deal that gives them Oaklands third round draft choice this year , and San frans number on pick also. Which just happens to be the seventh overall pick. I love how before the pats showed how good they where everyone ripped Beli and co. Now that they are very good its all the team and anyone could coach that team. Honestly the haters will never give him his due. You know that.

Not only did the roster moves prove awesome , he then coached the team he built to the first 16 game undefeated season in history. Every week Belichick had to motivate a team that people started to hype to no end. The pressue , teams giving them there best shot, managing injuries, the media taking shots at him over and over. What he did this year was amazing. From a pure football stand point the numbers are amazing. What more would it take to be a coach of the year? I mean honestly.

Del Rio and McCarthy did a great job. But making a case for Del Rio on the base of "look what he did with what he had" is bull imo. The jags have two incredable running backs , a great d , fantastic special teams , and a ultra efficient accurate QB who never throws ints , and can scramble with the best of them. Del Rio did great job , but the jags are clearly one of the most talented teams in the NFL. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 01:22:30 AM »
False. Bill was ripped to no end. You are obv trying to stir the pot. Bill was ripped pre season for giving up a second and a 7th for welker and taking on a washed up randy Moss. When Bill built the only 16 game undefeated team in history the pundits scoffed at his moves and trades. Pioli and Bill where ripped for trading away there second first rounder which turned into the seventh overall pick in this years draft. Bill was Ripped all year for everything under the sun. Personal attacks the whole nine. The guys who did the ripping still voted him coach of the year. Thats respect. To give due to a person you hate.

Claiming Del Rio is a better coach when Bill led a team to sixteen undefeated games is laughable. You talk as though the Jags have no talent (lmao). Right with a top notch defense ,  the best running game in the NFL, a top rated qb and fantastic special teams its amazing del rio made the playoffs ::)

At least be honest when you post. To claim Bill was not crucified in the media this year is false. Its not like anyone agrees with what you said anyway. That includes the entire NFL, national sports writers and this board.

Try to answer this post with a factual argument instead of the hate filled nonsense you normally spew about the pats.

You must be a local, because the non-New England media beat him up for maybe a week and then began singing his praises again.  You said he was still taking heat, so that had to be a local thing as the national media would not give up its love affair. 

On the Welker, there were no criticisms.  A 7th-rounder?  Big deal?! 

There was only limited criticism of the Moss pickup - lots of guys felt he'd 'lost a step', but I never heard him described as 'washed up'. 

While I agree that the Jaguars have a potent running game, Fred Taylor was already old at the start of this season.  And who was David Garrard in August??  Even today, how quickly can you name their top 3 receivers?  All I heard about all season was how Matt Jones wasn't doing jack, but they were definitely the no-name WR corps going into the season. 

When you really look at that group coming out of the pre-season, NO ONE would've picked them to go 11-5 (and most likely 12-4, given that they didn't play their starters the full game in Week 17). 

Based on the rosters, I would've expected NE to go 14-2 or even 15-1.  Del Rio achieved well above expectations.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 06:13:53 AM »
You must be a local, because the non-New England media beat him up for maybe a week and then began singing his praises again.  You said he was still taking heat, so that had to be a local thing as the national media would not give up its love affair. 

There was only limited criticism of the Moss pickup - lots of guys felt he'd 'lost a step', but I never heard him described as 'washed up'. 

While I agree that the Jaguars have a potent running game, Fred Taylor was already old at the start of this season.  And who was David Garrard in August??  Even today, how quickly can you name their top 3 receivers?  All I heard about all season was how Matt Jones wasn't doing jack, but they were definitely the no-name WR corps going into the season. 

When you really look at that group coming out of the pre-season, NO ONE would've picked them to go 11-5 (and most likely 12-4, given that they didn't play their starters the full game in Week 17). 

Based on the rosters, I would've expected NE to go 14-2 or even 15-1.  Del Rio achieved well above expectations.

A coach who completes a shut out should not get the Coach of the Year award?

Give me some solid reason behind that.

BTW, I'm a 49'er, so NE isn't even my team.

As empty as paradise

body88

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 09:01:08 AM »

It was second and a seventh for welker. Which is a lot. Most everyone was scratching there head as to why they gave up so much for Welker.He got a nice contract also. It was called a dumb move by many. People laughed since Welker only had 600 yards receiving one td last year. This year Welker has the most receptions in the NFL (112)  for over 1100 yards , 8 times the td's and is by far the best slot receiver in the league. He returns kicks and punts also. People thought it was crazy to give up a second , seventh , and a long contract to a little known slot guy out of Miami.

Belichick was ripped in the national media all year. In print , on radio , and on tv. Personnel attacks the whole nine. I can think of several examples of the top of my head alone. I can list a bunch of them if you wish. Esterbrook on espn.com was the worst.

Before the start of the season Moss was seen as a locker room cancer who had lost a step. A lot of people said he might not be worth the fourth rounder he commanded for his services. Now since this year he has totally resurrected his career that was in the shitter for the last few years , all the sudden he is the greatest thing ever again. What has changed since last year? The qb throwing him the ball , the coach , and a structured locker room run on repsect.

As for the jags having no receivers , the pats had worse then the jags do this year last year and went all the way to the AFC championship game. Who cares? All the jags receivers where pretty high picks right? Jones was the 21st overall pick in the first round. Del Rio picked a bunch of busts at wr? Kinda hurts your argument. If Del Rio picked up some better players with those picks maybe they would not be no name.

Belichik is commended for his coaching because he is one the best ever at it. Like him or not those are the facts. He will be in the HOF no questions asked.

I don't really have a problem with the post you just made as you make a good argument for your case. Unlike the other posts I can see your reason for your opinion , instead of the whole pats suck at life mentality you take sometimes.

Plain and simple , if the pats are not 16 - 0, Mccarthy or maybe Del Rio win it. If I was not going to vote for Belichick I would vote for McCarthy.