Author Topic: Proof Professional Bodybuilding is NOT Fixed  (Read 6550 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Proof Professional Bodybuilding is NOT Fixed
« on: January 05, 2008, 02:08:44 PM »
I give you Lee Labrada if bodybuilding was fixed he would be a 8 time Mr Olympia , he was handsome , articulate , college educated ( Engineering degree ) a family man , classic physique with an ' attainable ' amount of size , a great poser , well spoken , a class act ,  a Cuban refugee everything the sport of bodybuilding could have ask for for ever need , if they fixed contests it would make zero sense not to have him as the champ , his look would be extremely marketable and would have helped Uncle Ben get accomplish his life long goal of being on the Olympics

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Proof Professional Bodybuilding is NOT Fixed
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 02:13:13 PM »
Companies invest a great deal of resources in the Mr O champion, whatever his name is.

The Mr O is the one who represents the sport best during that 5 or 10 year period.

If you want a fair contest, it's the Arnold, where there was never a dominant name.  A few guys won 3 or 4, but no dynasties.  The O loves dynasties.  After Cutler wins 3, Phil heath or JoJ will win 3. 

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 02:15:55 PM »
Why don't you just marry the guy...
P

Jussup

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 03:30:45 PM »
@NarcissisticDeity: Obviously you haven't seen the 1990 Olympia, because this is a perfect proof that this competition is fixed. Haney was off due to drug testing (like many others) and still won, while Labrada was certainly in a better condition..
Apart from that I couldn't agree more with your view on Labrada. He represents everything that bodybuilding should be about. His posing is pure art. It is a very sad thing that he never won the O. Bodybuilding went downhill from the 90s on. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 03:36:54 PM »
@NarcissisticDeity: Obviously you haven't seen the 1990 Olympia, because this is a perfect proof that this competition is fixed. Haney was off due to drug testing (like many others) and still won, while Labrada was certainly in a better condition..
Apart from that I couldn't agree more with your view on Labrada. He represents everything that bodybuilding should be about. His posing is pure art. It is a very sad thing that he never won the O. Bodybuilding went downhill from the 90s on. 

I did see the 1990 Olympia and Haney was way off he looked like a shell of his former self . top pic is 90 bottom 91

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 03:41:47 PM »
why is there a little picture of Lee Haney in the corner of this pic?

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 03:47:42 PM »
Just watch the 1980 Olympia Arnold was out of the top six BUT who won that one and where did the 20k prize money end up???Try there never was any prize money given to Arnold now that's a FIX.You have to admit they do a great job and have always done just what they want, if you want to look at the future look at the past.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 03:48:06 PM »
Very short guys aren't marketable   :D

LOL @ the little Haney in the corner

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »
Very short guys aren't marketable   :D

LOL @ the little Haney in the corner

Are you kidding me? most guys in this sport are small lol I'm 5'11" and I'm one of the taller guys in my gym , this ' sport ' attracts the Napleons

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 03:56:31 PM »
Labrada is puny,no muscle mass. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 03:58:49 PM »
Are you kidding me? most guys in this sport are small lol I'm 5'11" and I'm one of the taller guys in my gym , this ' sport ' attracts the Napleons
Yeah, but 5'11'' is normal and marketable and aren't Yates, Haney, Coleman close to that? Lee wasn't.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 04:00:06 PM »
Labrada had the best and most perfect physique bodybuilding has ever seen IMO... truly perfect.. only problem was he was too short.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »
Yeah, but 5'11'' is normal and marketable and aren't Yates, Haney, Coleman close to that? Lee wasn't.

Yeah they were all right around there but the smaller man is more marketable in the sense his build is more ' attainable ' but I get what you're saying

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »
Yeah they were all right around there but the smaller man is more marketable in the sense his build is more ' attainable ' but I get what you're saying

I think that has more to do with muscle mass and not height.  I think Bob Paris would have been the ideal marketable candidate, aside from his admission to being gay.  Although when society grows up and stops being homophobic I think we could accept a gay role model.  I personally think homophobia is so gay.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 04:16:23 PM »
I think we could accept a gay role model.  I personally think homophobia is so gay.

Fags will never be role models.  Society is learning to "tolerate" them, but that's not the same thing as "accepting" them, which will never happen.
Ron: "I am lazy."

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 04:22:56 PM »
I think that has more to do with muscle mass and not height.  I think Bob Paris would have been the ideal marketable candidate, aside from his admission to being gay.  Although when society grows up and stops being homophobic I think we could accept a gay role model.  I personally think homophobia is so gay.

Bob Paris was gay  :o
P

GonnaBePro

• Getbig I
  • You're in the presence of greatness!
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 04:24:01 PM »
Companies invest a great deal of resources in the Mr O champion, whatever his name is.

The Mr O is the one who represents the sport best during that 5 or 10 year period.

If you want a fair contest, it's the Arnold, where there was never a dominant name.  A few guys won 3 or 4, but no dynasties.  The O loves dynasties.  After Cutler wins 3, Phil heath or JoJ will win 3. 
'

"3 or 4" is not a dynasty!?!  What's the definition of a "dynasty" then?  You really think if a "Jay Cutler'' would have continued doing the Arnold, say another 3 times, someone would have beat him?  Who?  The Arnold is in the same bodybuilding arena as the Olympia.  The only difference is, champion competitors like Ronnie and Jay chose to stop doing the Arnold to pursue Bodybuilding's Top Prize, The  Sandow Trophy presented at the one and only Mr. Olympia Competition.  Peace and Blessings.

KB
I ain't never scared!!!

joelocal

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
Labrada is puny,no muscle mass. 

What???????

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 07:34:10 PM »
I don't think he was "in" with the Weiders....if ya catch my drift  :-*

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 07:37:51 PM »

Good point.
HAHA, RON.....

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 07:55:24 PM »
hahaha bbing is not fixed, there are some cases where there was already a determined outcome no matter what the competitors looked like, eg last years mr O everyone knows that jay should not have won.. in 2001 ronnie should have got second, in 94 yates should have lost to shawn, in 90 haney should not have won.... and all the way back to 1980 were arnold made his comeback, there was always speculation over wheather he deserved to win it or not
there's no magic pills... just needles

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »
Bodybuilding Pro.com

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 09:36:39 PM »

Lee looks so much more impressive here than the current Mr. O.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 09:42:55 PM »
the sad truth is he was too short

E
E

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 09:43:43 PM »
Lee looks so much more impressive here than the current Mr. O.

yep.

does anyone remember an Arnold quote from one of his books that short guys shouldn't bother with bodybuilding because they're not suited to it?