Author Topic: A hero amongst us... ***graphic***  (Read 32335 times)

marcus

• Getbig IV
Re: A hero amongst us... ***graphic***
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 05:14:12 PM »
Damn...thanks for your service Jason and Ron ban Bluto.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 05:15:06 PM »
VERY true. The jokes stop here!
Bluto I liked some of your stuff before but you should be banned for life after saying something like that.

Banned for life? Sounds more like something the Iraqies would say.
Z

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 05:16:11 PM »
Not that I believe the official 911 story, but let's pretend Muslim terrorists did attack the WTC and lose their lives in the process.  Are they heroes?  No doubt they had been told that what they were doing was for the greater good.  No doubt in their heart of hearts they felt they were doing something right.  They lost their lives standing up for a cause which they believed was true and genuine.  One which they sincerely thought would make the world a better place.  Does that make them heroes?  Or is it better to look beyond that and look at the facts, which would say they were cold blooded killers?
i dont do pretend, do you?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
People shouldn't be banned for opinions.

What happened to free speech? Bluto's a moron for talking shit, but he shouldn't be banned.

Funny to me how you guys can speak of this nation and good old western values; but ignore free speech, which is one of the pillars that makes the west what it is.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 05:19:48 PM »
Not that I believe the official 911 story, but let's pretend Muslim terrorists did attack the WTC and lose their lives in the process.  Are they heroes?  No doubt they had been told that what they were doing was for the greater good.  No doubt in their heart of hearts they felt they were doing something right.  They lost their lives standing up for a cause which they believed was true and genuine.  One which they sincerely thought would make the world a better place.  Does that make them heroes?  Or is it better to look beyond that and look at the facts, which would say they were cold blooded killers?

Theres a time and a place Matt, and this isnt it.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »
Thank you for serving our country.

Alex23

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 05:22:51 PM »

What happened to free speech? Bluto's a moron for talking shit, but he shouldn't be banned.

Funny to me how you guys can speak of this nation and good old western values; but ignore free speech, which is one of the pillars that makes the west what it is.

Theres a time and a place, and this isnt it.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 05:24:36 PM »
However, do not think for a second thar you fought for the greater good. You fought for cheaper gas prices, which I thank you for..

Actually it's a little more than that.  He did fight to maintain our way of life and standard of living in the long term.  I don't think anyone has a clue what happens if the supply of oil gets interrupted, even a little, even briefly.  I do, and it ain't pretty.  Your safe little middle-class lifestyle can collapse into something resembling Bosnia inside of a week or two...  it doesn't take much.

The world is past peak oil, and China is growing more and more thirsty for a larger portion of what's left.  Until we can transition to other energy sources, we must ensure our supply keeps flowing uninterrupted.  Was Iraq about WMD or "freedom"?  Of course not... that's the cover story for the great unwashed.  But make no mistake about it, it IS all about maintaining our way of life.  So how 'bout saying "thank you" to Jason, or shutting the fucck up?
Ron: "I am lazy."

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »
nothing should be done to him  just know he's scum

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2008, 05:27:08 PM »

Actually it's a little more than that.  He did fight to maintain our way of life and standard of living in the long term.  I don't think anyone has a clue what happens if the supply of oil gets interrupted, even as little, even briefly.  I do, and it ain't pretty.  Your safe little middle-class lifestyle can collapse into something resembling Bosnia inside of a week or two...  it doesn't take much.

The world is past peak oil, and China is growing more and more thirsty for a larger portion of what's left.  Until we can transition to other energy sources, we must ensure our supply keeps flowing uninterrupted.  Was Iraq about WMD or "freedom"?  Of course not... that's the cover story for the great unwashed.  But make no mistake about it, it IS all about maintaining our way of life.  So how 'bout saying "thank you" to Jason, or shutting the fucck up?

Maintaining your way of life and standard of living in the long term is what isn't pretty.
Z

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2008, 05:27:43 PM »
Can't you just appreciate the sacrifice the guy did and keep your rambling for another day? I don't think anybody cares what your views are on this thread...

I was supporting him, dumbass.  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2008, 05:28:12 PM »
Theres a time and a place, and this isnt it.

Just place his ass in timeout then, but not a ban.

I'm sure he'd die not being able to post 500 times a day.

Actually it's a little more than that.  He did fight to maintain our way of life and standard of living in the long term.  I don't think anyone has a clue what happens if the supply of oil gets interrupted, even as little, even briefly.  I do, and it ain't pretty.  Your safe little middle-class lifestyle can collapse into something resembling Bosnia inside of a week or two...  it doesn't take much.

Which is why I showed my gratitude. I'm not Milton Friedman, but I have a decent understanding of economics and oil is a huge part of it.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »

I see your point but as Alex said there are certain times for it. If Chick can ban us for bashing Cutler's wife then why can't Bluto be banned for this?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2008, 05:30:55 PM »
I see your point but as Alex said there are certain times for it. If Chick can ban us for bashing Cutler's wife then why can't Bluto be banned for this?

Banned for what? You got Adolf Hitler in your avatar, you any idea who's running this place?
Z

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2008, 05:33:21 PM »
I'm Jewish myself and yes so is Ron. But there's been plenty of talk about him being Jewish and he doesn't seem to care because he knows how this board is. And it's not like I'm being hateful about it.

Alex23

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2008, 05:34:10 PM »
Just place his ass in timeout then, but not a ban.

I'm sure he'd die not being able to post 500 times a day.

That's what will prolly happen.. maybe it's a good way for him to get to the bottom of this:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=193633.0

How pathetic is it for someone to worry about the "list" of people in timeout... ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 05:34:35 PM »
Banned for what? You got Adolf Hitler in your avatar, you any idea who's running this place?

Time for you to sleep in the bed you made kid. You want to be the big bad attention whore and fag up every thread you post in, yet you don't want to reap the consequences. Look at you flailing around again. All this because you're a skinny/fat, insecure 19 year old.

Team Matt C has been renamed to Team Terrorism!

Alex23

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2008, 05:35:12 PM »
I'm Jewish myself and yes so is Ron. But there's been plenty of talk about him being Jewish and he doesn't seem to care because he knows how this board is. And it's not like I'm being hateful about it.

It's actually a pretty funny avatar.. The one how met Ron know he has a good sense of humor ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2008, 05:36:12 PM »

So what is it you reckon I should be banned for? The lyrical part of the song that says "PROUD TO SERVE THE COUNTRY THAT HAD SERVED HIM WEAK" ?

I think that's pretty spot on.

And that was recorded back in '92.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2008, 05:38:08 PM »
It's actually a pretty funny avatar.. The one how met Ron know he has a good sense of humor ;D

I'm cool with it. I'm no fan of censorship and banning people. You on the other hand... well let's just say that you fit in more in Iran than the US.
Z

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2008, 05:38:24 PM »
So what is it you reckon I should be banned for?

How 'bout being a complete douchebag...  is that good enough?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »

That's what will prolly happen.. maybe it's a good way for him to get to the bottom of this:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=193633.0

How pathetic is it for someone to worry about the "list" of people in timeout... ::)

How about reducing his post count? Maybe to like 1.. haha

I'm sure that'd give him a heart attack. I mean its his crowning achievement.  ;D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2008, 05:39:42 PM »
let's all pm ron asking to Ban Bluto.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »

How 'bout being a complete douchebag...  is that good enough?

Nah. That's not good enough. That would make this place pretty empty.
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2008, 05:40:55 PM »
How about reducing his post count? Maybe to like 1.. haha

I'm sure that'd give him a heart attack. I mean its his crowning achievement.  ;D

I doubt that would have much of an affect on me, I've already passed all milestones.
Z