Author Topic: Call Of Duty 4  (Read 1092 times)

Tombo

• Getbig V
Call Of Duty 4
« on: January 06, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »
Anyone have this game? i downloaded the demo last week, was impressed and went and got the game, i've been on my ass for hours playing it, it's great! on PC anyway.. not sure about Playstation3 or Xbox 360 but its on them anyway. If you like 1st person shooters i say get it, it hasn't had one bad rating..

"The story is told from a perspective of a British 22nd Special Air Service Regiment operative in Russia and a USMC 1st Force Recon operative in the Middle East. The game also features a flashback mission set 15 years ago in Pripyat, Ukraine, an abandoned city within the Chernobyl Zone of Alienation, which features a younger incarnation of Captain Price from 22nd SAS Regiment."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Call Of Duty 4
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:17:55 PM »
Great game...played on the hardest level to make it last longer...way to short but great game.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 12:50:11 PM »
Very fun game.  5 out of 5 in my book.

But HH6, is right......it's too short.

Historian Yates

• Getbig V
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! & I'm a llama! & Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 10:32:31 AM »
I played the PC version as well. I thought it was really good, but the "game of the year" hype was a little overdone. As good as it is, and every FPS lover needs to play it, I didn't feel the same way with COD4 that I did during the Half Life 2 games or Bioshock. And I thought Team Fortress 2 was a better multiplayer experience. Still a great game, though.

I'm not sure I agree about the too short comments. When I finish a game without that "Isn't this damn thing almost over" feeling, I'd call it a success. I've wasted too much time finishing games that have stopped being fun, just because I had too much invested in it, to ever complain about a game that left me wanting more. I would always rather have a short game with well chosen levels than an extra three hours of mediocre or repetitive gameplay that adds nothing, and is only there to meet that magical 8-12 hour mark.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 08:14:21 AM »
I've started playing all these games on the hardest levels so they last longer. I had to "cheat' on the part where ur supposed to get to the chopper after sniping that russian guy in the ruins of Chernoble.....on hard it really sucks. I'd get to the chopper and rest..then have to go pick up that other SAS guy...then I'd get eaten by a friggen dog or one of the Russians somehow manages to get around the chopper and the guys covering me..after days of that crap i skipped it.
L

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 04:36:31 AM »
Yeah i did it on regular only.. hardened was too much of a bitch. It's definately cool how one of the protagonists die and shit actually DOES go wrong. But yeah short and sweet as Historian Yates put it.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 06:39:45 AM »
Great game but I can't play the game on multiplayer - I have Windows Vista 32bit Home Premuim and I've heard it's not compatible with Punkbuster. Really annying - feels like I've only paid for half a game. I have the same problem with Crysis - it uses Punkbuster too. All my other games which don't have punkbuster I can play the multiplayer. Really annoying - I'm thinking of getting a separate hard-drive, installing Windows XP and installing the games on there to see if they work.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 08:04:48 AM »
I don't play online alot..so that could work. I'm sure PB will at some point have a patch because all the new comps are shipping with vista. I have it and I have not had any issues aside from the fact it asks u to confirm every friggen thing. Play it on hard guys.....it lasts a little longer.
L

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 09:53:32 PM »
Great game but I can't play the game on multiplayer - I have Windows Vista 32bit Home Premuim and I've heard it's not compatible with Punkbuster. Really annying - feels like I've only paid for half a game. I have the same problem with Crysis - it uses Punkbuster too. All my other games which don't have punkbuster I can play the multiplayer. Really annoying - I'm thinking of getting a separate hard-drive, installing Windows XP and installing the games on there to see if they work.

oh man get rid of Vista, that OS is trash :(

XP is still the better for gaming

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 09:59:43 AM »
oh man get rid of Vista, that OS is trash :(

XP is still the better for gaming

I know, it's really starting to piss me off.  >:(