Author Topic: If it comes down to it...  (Read 1292 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
If it comes down to it...
« on: January 07, 2008, 01:53:02 PM »
Will our Millitary defend the Constitution?  ???
S

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: If it comes down to it...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
Will our Millitary defend the Constitution?  ???
I hope so.  It sure dropped the ball on Iraq.

It is the duty of every american to defend the constitution.  That's why Bush must be impeached.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »
you impeach bush and what do you get?
President Cheny and his new Veep Rudy.
Do you want that?

And many in the military - top generals - have said they'll resign immediately if Bush chooses to invade Iran for fun. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 02:05:33 PM »
What ball did we drop in Iraq...AQ is about rolled up and the insurgency has been severly damaged. Just because u didn't agree with the war, has nothing to do with how the US military did our job. We get paid to kill people and break things..and we've done that. Its up to the politicians to loose or win the war. We, the US military, don't loose much. And yes my oath is to Support and Defend the Constitution etc....
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 02:19:17 PM »
What ball did we drop in Iraq...AQ is about rolled up and the insurgency has been severly damaged. Just because u didn't agree with the war, has nothing to do with how the US military did our job. We get paid to kill people and break things..and we've done that. Its up to the politicians to loose or win the war. We, the US military, don't loose much. And yes my oath is to Support and Defend the Constitution etc....
The US broke international law to attack Iraq.  The same laws used to put away the Nazis for their war of aggression apply to Iraq. 

Also, strictly speaking, Congress never declared war on Iraq and I don't believe the president has been compliant with the War Powers Resolution either.

Here's where the ball was dropped re Iraq and the military:  But for the illegal invasion 80,000 Iraqis would still be alive, 4000 americans would still be alive and we'd still have hundreds of billions dollars in the coffers.  It was not the politicians pulling the trigger.  And no one is absolved of responsiblity under the notion that "I was just following orders."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 02:24:58 PM »
Since ur argument is ridiculous unless ur a "linguistics professor from MIT"....I'll let the fact that ur basically calling me a war criminal go. Ur right..I followed orders..I can say I really care about our 4000 dead...i don't care about the Iraqi's...yeah I wish we could have spent less....other then that not really worried. In fact I think I'm going to go be a back to being awar criminal in 09'. I'll be sure to say hi to the mounds of dead bodies in Iraq.  ::)...Decker u have to get over it.
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 03:36:47 PM »
I hope so.  It sure dropped the ball on Iraq.

It is the duty of every american to defend the constitution.  That's why Bush must be impeached.

But when you say that, you sound so un-American!   ;)

I agree wholeheartedly with you and it's actually frightening that so many hard-working Americans don't see how much Bush and his people have worked AGAINST us.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 08:49:23 PM »
"Mission Accomplished", says it all.

He should have been tied up and pushed off the side of that aircraft carrier for that lie.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 03:41:02 AM »
Do you want that?

And many in the military - top generals - have said they'll resign immediately if Bush chooses to invade Iran for fun. 
actually I think they could both be impeached and that would make speaker of the house of representatives next.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 07:20:26 AM »
Since ur argument is ridiculous unless ur a "linguistics professor from MIT"....I'll let the fact that ur basically calling me a war criminal go. Ur right..I followed orders..I can say I really care about our 4000 dead...i don't care about the Iraqi's...yeah I wish we could have spent less....other then that not really worried. In fact I think I'm going to go be a back to being awar criminal in 09'. I'll be sure to say hi to the mounds of dead bodies in Iraq.  ::)...Decker u have to get over it.
I have nothing against you personally.  In fact, I like you and you bring a lot of information to the board.  I guess I'm saying that I've learned some things from you.

If a use of force is not justified legally, then it is not self defense, defense of another or defense of one's property or interests.  It is criminal.

That's why the law matters.

Pretending otherwise b/c the US can do as it pleases ignoring international law while knowing that lesser countries will tacitly accept our lawlessness doesn't change the above truth that I have stated.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 07:48:28 AM »
The US broke international law to attack Iraq.  The same laws used to put away the Nazis for their war of aggression apply to Iraq. 

Also, strictly speaking, Congress never declared war on Iraq and I don't believe the president has been compliant with the War Powers Resolution either.

Here's where the ball was dropped re Iraq and the military:  But for the illegal invasion 80,000 Iraqis would still be alive, 4000 americans would still be alive and we'd still have hundreds of billions dollars in the coffers.  It was not the politicians pulling the trigger.  And no one is absolved of responsiblity under the notion that "I was just following orders."

what laws did we break.  be specific.

after saddam signed the resolution after the first gulf war, the US and Britain had FULL AUTHORITY to remove saddam from power when he broke the resolution with no approval from UN or the 'getbig' boards for that matter.  but no, we screwed around with him 17 times.

all you guys sad attempts to prove your iraq therories with your bush-hating rhetoric is childish at best. 
W

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 07:51:36 AM »
Do you want that?

you're an idiot.
prove ANYTHING you just stated.
W

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 08:07:17 AM »

what laws did we break.  be specific.

after saddam signed the resolution after the first gulf war, the US and Britain had FULL AUTHORITY to remove saddam from power.  no approval from UN or the 'getbig' boards for that matter.  but no, we screwed around with him 17 times.

all you guys sad attempts to prove your iraq therories with your bush-hating rhetoric is childish at best. 
President Bush asked the UN to enforce Resolution 1441 which compelled Iraq to have WMD inspectors in the country and be forthcoming with WMD info.  Remember the case made by Colin Powell? 

The US and Britain had FULL AUTHORITY to use force in the first Gulf Conflict b/c under the UN Charter, the UN's consent for use of force is not necessary for an act of self defense.  Self defense comprehends defense of an ally.  Kuwait was an ally and Iraq invaded Kuwait.

Who did Iraq attack in 2002?  Nobody.  That's why Bush ran to the UN to get approval to use force against Iraq.  Under Resolution 1441, no UN member country can unilaterally use force without the consent of the Security Council where self defense is not an issue.  Bush did not have the consent of the UN Security Council when he ordered the attack.

On a note of reason, the WMD inspectors were finding NO WMDS.  So Bush attacked Iraq for not complying with a UN Resolution which Iraq was complying with.  That would be a joke if so many people's lives hadn't ended or been ruined b/c of Bush's criminal conduct.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »
President Bush asked the UN to enforce Resolution 1441 which compelled Iraq to have WMD inspectors in the country and be forthcoming with WMD info.  Remember the case made by Colin Powell? 

The US and Britain had FULL AUTHORITY to use force in the first Gulf Conflict b/c under the UN Charter, the UN's consent for use of force is not necessary for an act of self defense.  Self defense comprehends defense of an ally.  Kuwait was an ally and Iraq invaded Kuwait.

Who did Iraq attack in 2002?  Nobody.  That's why Bush ran to the UN to get approval to use force against Iraq.  Under Resolution 1441, no UN member country can unilaterally use force without the consent of the Security Council where self defense is not an issue.  Bush did not have the consent of the UN Security Council when he ordered the attack.

On a note of reason, the WMD inspectors were finding NO WMDS.  So Bush attacked Iraq for not complying with a UN Resolution which Iraq was complying with.  That would be a joke if so many people's lives hadn't ended or been ruined b/c of Bush's criminal conduct.

i'm working and i don't have the time to argue with you but i'll say it again:
we never needed UN approval.  i don't know where you got your 'self defense' arguement but you're not right. 
again, after saddam broke the first war resolution- 687-we and the dozen other countries who signed it had authority for war. 
your hatred is clouding your thinking. 
W

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 09:53:52 AM »
i'm working and i don't have the time to argue with you but i'll say it again:
we never needed UN approval.  i don't know where you got your 'self defense' arguement but you're not right. 
again, after saddam broke the first war resolution- 687-we and the dozen other countries who signed it had authority for war. 
your hatred is clouding your thinking. 

If we didn't need the UN, why did president Bush go to the UN to make his case for the invasion of Iraq plus use Colin Powell as backup?

As a member of the UN, the US did need UN permission to use force against Iraq b/c self-defense was not an issue for us...Iraq attacked no one.

UN Resolutions comprehends UN Res. 687:

Resolution 1441 (2002)
Adopted by the Security Council at its 4644th meeting, on
8 November 2002
The Security Council,
Recalling all its previous relevant resolutions, in particular its resolutions 661
(1990) of 6 August 1990, 678 (1990) of 29 November 1990, 686 (1991) of 2 March
1991, 687 (1991) of 3 April 1991, 688 (1991) of 5 April 1991, 707 (1991) of 15
August 1991, 715 (1991) of 11 October 1991, 986 (1995) of 14 April 1995, and
1284 (1999) of 17 December 1999, and all the relevant statements of its President,

http://daccessdds.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N02/682/26/PDF/N0268226.pdf?OpenElement

So 1441 refines 687 and all the other resolutions.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 09:54:39 AM »

you're an idiot.
prove ANYTHING you just stated.

Google it.  Generals have said they'll resign if we bomb iran.
and if Bush was impeached, CHeney would become president.  He's currently vice-president, so he's next in line.  Most people know this.  6th grade social studies, dog.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 09:59:28 AM »
What ball did we drop in Iraq...

invading a country thats had nothing to do with 911

simple!

the only thing the iraqi people got liberated from ws their homes and lives  :-\
carpe` vaginum!