Author Topic: OSU is melting down all over  (Read 3450 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: OSU is melting down all over
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 07:49:11 PM »
All your points are valid, and, unfortunately true.  However, being from Indiana, I will say the BIG 10 is the best conference ever.  In everything. Even the mathletes. ;D :D ;D :D

Jason

Hahahaha, I'm smack in the middle of Big East territory. While I know the SEC is far and away the best conference, I just wanted to at least make some argument for the Big East being a better conference than some of the other ones right now.

Indiana is actually one of the only bright spots about the Big 10 right now. They get better every year while the rest of the Big 10 takes a step back.  ;D  ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »
OSU is fast becoming the "Buffalo Bils" of the NCAA.
Ron: "I am lazy."

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
All your points are valid, and, unfortunately true.  However, being from Indiana, I will say the BIG 10 is the best conference ever.  In everything. Even the mathletes. ;D :D ;D :D

Jason
You guys should have a good bball year in front of you. You have Michigan to look forward to tomorrow night.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »
Naw, Kelvin "dirtbag cheater" Sampson is going to get IU the death penalty as soon as their season is over.  Nothing to look forward to for them.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008, 07:52:45 PM »
Hahahaha, I'm smack in the middle of Big East territory. While I know the SEC is far and away the best conference, I just wanted to at least make some argument for the Big East being a better conference than some of the other ones right now.

Indiana is actually one of the only bright spots about the Big 10 right now. They get better every year while the rest of the Big 10 takes a step back.  ;D  ;D

Big East isn't too bad. The conference seemed to be improving a little each year until Louisville and Rutgers took a step back this year.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »
Big East isn't too bad. The conference seemed to be improving a little each year until Louisville and Rutgers took a step back this year.

Rutgers beat Ball State this year...thats where I go to school and it was  their first bowl appearance in 11 years.

Jason

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 08:03:24 PM »

They suck. They should just strike their tents and be replaced in the BCS by the Mountain West Conference.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 08:04:55 PM »
Goatboy's favorite team must've gotten plastered by a Big East school. Either that or he just started watching college football last week. It's probably the latter considering he was talking about how Pitt football is the only other good program besides WVU.  ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 08:07:50 PM »
Goatboy's favorite team must've gotten plastered by a Big East school. Either that or he just started watching college football last week. It's probably the latter considering he was talking about how Pitt football is the only other good program besides WVU.  ::)

You're the one who forgot Nebraska played in the Big 12.  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 08:32:22 PM »
osu never deserved to be there in the first place

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »
Columbusfag86 is probably on suicide watch.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 08:45:44 PM »
Columbusfag86 is probably on suicide watch.

As long as it wasn't Michigan that beat them, he probably won't off himself.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 08:58:57 PM »
They suck. They should just strike their tents and be replaced in the BCS by the Mountain West Conference.
They are clearly the worst BCS conference but they always have a few solid teams every year.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2008, 09:13:42 PM »
First they steal "All Advil" off of Getbig, now this:

(2) LSU 38, (1) Ohio St. 24

Preview - Box Score - Recap   

By BEN WALKER, AP National Writer
January 7, 2008

AP - Jan 7, 11:43 pm EST
More Photos

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Too easy.

No. 2 LSU danced, dodged and darted its way into the end zone Monday night, turning the BCS national championship game into a horrible replay for No. 1 Ohio State. It was over early, with Matt Flynn throwing four touchdown passes in a 38-24 win.

Playing at their home-away-from-home in the Big Easy, LSU (12-2) became the first two-loss team to play for the title. Shouts of "SEC! SEC!" bounced around the Superdome as the Tigers won their second BCS crown in five seasons. They are the first school to win a second title since BCS rankings began with the 1998 season.

And in a season of surprises, this was hardly an upset: Ohio State once again fell apart in college football's biggest game. A year after the Buckeyes were routed by Tim Tebow and Florida 41-14 in the Arizona desert, they barely did better.

Jacob Hester bulled for a short touchdown, Early Doucet wiggled loose for a touchdown and All-American Glenn Dorsey led a unit that outplayed the top-ranked defense in the nation. Ohio State (11-2) had little to celebrate after Chris "Beanie" Wells broke loose for a 65-yard TD run on the fourth play of the game.

Yet while LSU got to hoist the $30,000 crystal trophy, certainly many fans around the country were peering into their crystal balls, wondering if someone else was worthy of the title. Southern California, Georgia, West Virginia, Kansas and Missouri all put on impressive shows in bowl games, and will be among the favorites in 2008.

The final Associated Press poll was to be released early Tuesday.

Updated on Monday, Jan 7, 2008 11:54 pm, EST

TA's gonna be pissed!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 10:21:48 PM »

As most of us have said all season, the Big Ten *sucks*. 

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2008, 10:31:51 PM »
it should have been usc vs. lsu

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 12:08:53 AM »
Must feel pretty nice for the SEC To play most of their major Bowl games at home.  What do you expect?  The SEC is by far the superior conference.  The Southeast has the best recruits in the country, with California and Texas right behind 'em.  It's difficult for a northern team to compete.  The powers may shift one day, though.  I always thought the ACC had the potential to be the best conference, and they will one day...Miami, FSU, VT, Clemson, Virginia, BC...all pretty good teams.

Damn, I hate the SEC.  So fuckin' good, lol.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2008, 12:40:41 AM »
LSU deserved their win and were the better team, no doubt. This loss is easier to swallow than last year's, because the team actually played this year!

If OSU had gone to some other bowl games against easier opponents and crushed them these past two years, we'd all be hearing about the Buckeye speed and dominance, etc. But this year we were thrown in the limelight with an unmatured, unready team.

Remember, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year at Ohio State, and we weren't even supposed to make it past 3rd in the Big Ten. We have hardly any seniors, and the NFL draft took a big toll last year.

But I'm proud of this team. Winning the Big Ten, and beating Michigan, and making it to the NC game for the second year running, even if to lose.

And how about that Beanie Wells? :)

Congrats LSU, and GO BUCKS!!!