Author Topic: Toronto is warmer than Las Vegas Today!!!  (Read 1205 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Toronto is warmer than Las Vegas Today!!!
« on: January 08, 2008, 09:11:59 AM »

Woohoo!!! The mercury has risen!

In less than one week Toronto has gone from minus 22 degrees all the way up to plus 15 degrees.
For you metrically challenged folks that minus 12 degrees F all the way up to plus 62 degrees F

It's gonna wreak havoc on our roads, creeks and rivers are gonna swell with all the snow melting off so quickly,
...but it's waaaaay warm out there!!!!!!!  no hats, no gloves, some people going out only in sweaters  :D   :D

pssst: and they said there is no such thing as climate change & global warming.  ::)
w

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Toronto is warmer than Las Vegas Today!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:34:30 AM »
Vegas is cold as shit here in the winter.  Drops down in the 30's at night.  During the day it hangs in the 50's and sometime 60' but the wind kicks up.  I am used to not having it below 70.  But I have a nice warm home here so I hang in there.  Just not used to using a heater in a car for a long time

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:11:58 AM »
65 in Detroit yesterday.
E

body88

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:14:37 AM »
68 in Boston right now. Weird... It was 5 degrees out two days ago.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »
pssst: and they said there is no such thing as climate change & global warming.  ::)

That can be temporarily. Maybe we're heading towards a new ice-age.

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »
Still nobody flocks to Toronto. I do business there 2 or 3 times a year and I see why.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 06:15:08 PM »
Vegas is cold as shit here in the winter.  Drops down in the 30's at night.  During the day it hangs in the 50's and sometime 60' but the wind kicks up.  I am used to not having it below 70.  But I have a nice warm home here so I hang in there.  Just not used to using a heater in a car for a long time

I thought you lived in Hawaii

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 06:44:38 PM »
It didn't last long, ...the temperatures dropped back down to a high of plus 5 degrees today.  :'(

And to top it off, we had hurrican force winds all through the province. In my area up to 107 kms / hr.

Trees toppling over, crunching cars, houses completely collapsing, if it wasn't bolted down,
...it was going for a ride.  :D  There were two airplanes at the Buttonville airport that were toss in the air like sheets of paper, onlyto land on their heades. They had to bring in huge hydraulic cranes to turn those things upright again. I'm glad it wasn't garbage day on my street. I've been seeing some of the footage, the poor garbage men were running all over the street trying to chase down errant bags of garbage. They weren't so much collecting it, as they were trying to find where it landed. Then too, all those homeowners trying to find their blue, grey, and green bins must have been fun, ...NOT!
w

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »
it said this was the 2nd hottest day in new york for jan 8th since 1800 something.. i wonder if they had an al gore running around claming they were doomed.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 03:44:35 AM »
it said this was the 2nd hottest day in new york for jan 8th since 1800 something.. i wonder if they had an al gore running around claming they were doomed.

Well if they got a taste of the hurricane force winds we experienced on jan 9th, they wouldn't need an al gore or anyone else telling them they were doomed. They would know it for themselves. There is no doubt our climate is doing some mighty wierd screwey things, ...and we truly need to do what we can to ensure we don't contribute to the problems further because ground level ozone is a problem. Trust me when I tell you as pleasing as this warm weather is, it's not good to have it this warm in January. It wreaks havoc with mother nature, and that has ramifications for us up and down the entire food chain.

Often agendas affect the availability of information flow, resulting in things that should take priority, being forced to take a back seat to corporate agendas. Fortunately, citizens are empowering themselves. The more aware people become of powerful agendas trying to prevent them from accessing solutions from which these corporations are unable to profit, the more they will seek out the information, and implement the solutions on a grass roots level. This is happening all over the world, and as more and more people understand there are solutions that are working, the more they implement them in their lives, and the more their governments start implementing those solutions, ...so it's not all doom & gloom. Solutions are available to the common man or woman that empowers them do their part to save the environment and slow down global warming, and save a few bucks while they're doing it. Feel free to click the link to my website to see one such solution. My website has been redesigned. It's not fully completed, but I like the new look, and the way the info is laid out. :D
w

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 12:02:07 PM »
That can be temporarily. Maybe we're heading towards a new ice-age.

Interesting theory, but you’re about 34 years too late.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914,00.html

Every generation, it seems, has its own unique, doom-laden prophecy for our poor planet.

Sure, I believe the planet is getting warmer, but it’s been getting warmer since the Ice Age.
And the weather does operate in cycles.
Sometimes it’s unusually hot.
Other times it’s unusually cold.
And that, too, has been the case for a long time.

And no matter what you believe in – be it religion, or science – you know that someday the world is going to end no matter what.
And no matter what, we will not be here forever, either.

I prefer to enjoy my remaining time here rather than fretting and arguing over the inevitable.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 12:35:44 AM »
Interesting theory, but you’re about 34 years too late.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914,00.html

Every generation, it seems, has its own unique, doom-laden prophecy for our poor planet.

Sure, I believe the planet is getting warmer, but it’s been getting warmer since the Ice Age.
And the weather does operate in cycles.
Sometimes it’s unusually hot.
Other times it’s unusually cold.
And that, too, has been the case for a long time.

And no matter what you believe in – be it religion, or science – you know that someday the world is going to end no matter what.
And no matter what, we will not be here forever, either.

I prefer to enjoy my remaining time here rather than fretting and arguing over the inevitable.

Yes, ...the weather does operate in cycles, ...at least that's what it's suppose to do.
They're called SEASONS  :P  The extreme hot is called summer, and the extreme cold is called winter.
However, in this country (Canada), summer is not supposed to occur in January.

We went from minus 12 degrees F all the way up to plus 62 degrees F.

That is SEVENTY FOUR DEGREES!!!

A 74 degree temperature shift is a SEASON, and it's not suppose to occur in 1 day.  :o

These sudden shifts wreak havoc with nature, our bio diversity, our food supply, as well as our society's infrastructure. Plant and animal life come out of dormant states or hibernation prematurely, ...only to be killed by another violent weather change in the other direction.  :'(
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 03:32:31 AM »
Jag, one off freak weather never occurs right? ::)

Now-a-days, it can't just be a freak event... some blabber mouth eco warrior must blame global warming.

Freak weather events NEVER happen right? ::)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 06:12:36 AM »
Jag, one off freak weather never occurs right? ::)

Now-a-days, it can't just be a freak event... some blabber mouth eco warrior must blame global warming.

Freak weather events NEVER happen right? ::)

Yes, I thought I clarified that in my post – that we’ve always had cycles of NON-SEASONAL weather. Years ago it was classified as unusual. Now, as you said, it’s more like the beginning signs of Armageddon. 

Many people today believe the planet is dangerously overheating.

30 years ago, many people believed the planet was dangerously overcooling.

A short time before that, people believed the world was as flat as a pancake.
Although, technically, I guess pancakes are kind of round, so I guess they were close. :)

As I said, I’m just here to enjoy what I’ve got for as long as I can.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 05:40:18 AM »
My point is that the NON-Seasonal freaky weather events appear to be happening far more frequently
w

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 10:50:19 AM »
I thought you lived in Hawaii

I moved here the day before the Olympia