Author Topic: 3600 LIVES LOST, 1 TRILLION DOLLARS WASTED, NEW ORLEANS STILL IN SHAMBLES,  (Read 7725 times)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Re: 3600 LIVES LOST, 1 TRILLION DOLLARS WASTED, NEW ORLEANS STILL IN SHAMBLES,
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »
hi israel

Hello intellectually lazy.  ::)

Fine, I'll fall in line:  Dumbya is tha stupidizzz!!11!!! The peoplezz' of Louisana and theyre state and local government bear no responsibility for taking care of themselves111"!"!!"!"

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »
Who do you guys want as your next pres?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
Who do you guys want as your next pres?
doesn't matter, at this point we're so fuccking entrenched in this shit in Iraq and then eventually Iran that we're gonna be stuck in the quagmire for another two decades and it doesn't matter who takes the Oval Office it won't change.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 03:37:02 PM »
doesn't matter, at this point we're so fuccking entrenched in this shit in Iraq and then eventually Iran that we're gonna be stuck in the quagmire for another two decades and it doesn't matter who takes the Oval Office it won't change.

Epic pessimism.  :o

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 03:38:42 PM »
Epic pessimism.  :o
give us all an answer then, do we just withdraw troops the second Romney, Huckabee, Clinton or Guiliani takes office? that would be a fuccking mess.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 03:42:47 PM »
give us all an answer then, do we just withdraw troops the second Romney, Huckabee, Clinton or Guiliani takes office? that would be a fuccking mess.

I don't think Clinton had a shot anymore. No one wants a crybaby president. Can you imagine if Barack lost the Iowa caucus and started crying saying " oh lawdy, lawdy, what is I gonna do now?" Being a woman doesn't give her the right to cry on the campaign trail.
E

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 03:43:51 PM »
Squadfather, would you agree with me that the neocons' theories about democracy and freedom being universal values applicable to the Middle East are BS, and that some people just deserve to live under dictators?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 03:46:20 PM »
I don't think Clinton had a shot anymore. No one wants a crybaby president. Can you imagine if Barack lost the Iowa caucus and started crying saying " oh lawdy, lawdy, what is I gonna do now?" Being a woman doesn't give her the right to cry on the campaign trail.
i agree, but the biggest mistake people could make is to underestimate her and Billy Boy, they are a political machine.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 03:47:50 PM »
i agree, but the biggest mistake people could make is to underestimate her and Billy Boy, they are a political machine.

True, but she peaked too early. I watched The View this morning so I know this stuff now. ;D Even the broads on that show were saying they wouldn't vote for the crybaby now.
E

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »
Squadfather, would you agree with me that the neocons' theories about democracy and freedom being universal values applicable to the Middle East are BS, and that some people just deserve to live under dictators?

No-one "deserves" to live under dictators my friend. But the culture and religious "rule set" that dominates that region lends itself to harsh rule that keeps the populace angry, ignorant and desperate. Ask yourself this: how much has the Arab culture really advanced over the last 50 years, or hell, the last 500 years? Not much. The rulers of these countries are more concerned with personal power/ego and wealth than the actual well being of their citizens. The Middle East is a disconnected part of the world. You cannot eliminate terrorism by force of arms alone. If force is used, it should be the weapon that blows the door open and lets in investment, ideas etc etc thus linking these parts of the world with ours. At least that's the idea....

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »
Gig, you miss the point. The USA did the Iraqis an UNTHINKABLE favor, it stepped in and deposed a brutal dictator. The Iraqis had a golden chance to improve their affairs.

Instead, they descended into murderous civil war over a 1400 year old dispute about how should have succeeded the prophet Muhammad (turds be upon him).

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2008, 04:15:36 PM »
we need a meteor to fly in from space and nail the middle east.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2008, 04:16:19 PM »
Gig, you miss the point. The USA did the Iraqis an UNTHINKABLE favor, it stepped in and deposed a brutal dictator. The Iraqis had a golden chance to improve their affairs.

Instead, they descended into murderous civil war over a 1400 year old dispute about how should have succeeded the prophet Muhammad (turds be upon him).

Well, you actually answered my question: 1400 dispute/ civil war between Sunni and Shiite (whahabi's hate everyone/thing). How does it go on for so long and be so bloody? The "dispute" is propagated for all this time by the religious, tribal, ethnic leaders to keep their "people" ignorant and angry, a dangerous combination. Arabs in the M.E. live in absolute squaller in oil rich countries, yet they don't care. The rulers have kept them focused on hating the West and the Jews and very unconcerned with their own. It's a fabulous pressure release valve.

So, when you have a brutal dictator deposed and the farce is finally shattered it is probably quite hard to come to grips with it as a nation and get their act together. They still have generations of this ignorance drowning them. True education, connectedness with the outside world etc etc will help to erase that in the years ahead. But it will take a lot of years. If I still am missing your point, well, fuck you  :'(

Also, there is a great book called "The Haj" by Leon Uris which does a great job illustrating a lot of this.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 04:18:37 PM »
True, but she peaked too early. I watched The View this morning so I know this stuff now. ;D Even the broads on that show were saying they wouldn't vote for the crybaby now.
they're in love with Obama right now like a lot of people are after Iowa but when he faces some tough questioning he'll crumble, too young and inexperienced.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »
Very true. Although he is a really good speaker and very optimistic. ::) I keep trying to remind people that he was JUST elected to the Senate! Where he hasn't done a single thing. Hell, his record in the Illinois State Legislature is even more unimpressive. Add that to the fact that he really hasn't stated any SOLID policy objectives and he looks even more weak. But the man sure can speak.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 04:31:55 PM »
Well, you actually answered my question: 1400 dispute/ civil war between Sunni and Shiite (whahabi's hate everyone/thing). How does it go on for so long and be so bloody? The "dispute" is propagated for all this time by the religious, tribal, ethnic leaders to keep their "people" ignorant and angry, a dangerous combination. Arabs in the M.E. live in absolute squaller in oil rich countries, yet they don't care. The rulers have kept them focused on hating the West and the Jews and very unconcerned with their own. It's a fabulous pressure release valve.

So, when you have a brutal dictator deposed and the farce is finally shattered it is probably quite hard to come to grips with it as a nation and get their act together. They still have generations of this ignorance drowning them. True education, connectedness with the outside world etc etc will help to erase that in the years ahead. But it will take a lot of years. If I still am missing your point, well, fuck you  :'(

Also, there is a great book called "The Haj" by Leon Uris which does a great job illustrating a lot of this.
You let me know when Israel deals properly with the settlers and the Ultra-Orthodox who keep fucking up the country and then we'll talk turkey. k? 

/your point about about surrounding arabs and those in occupied territories is spot-on tho

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 04:33:04 PM »
If there was oil in the French Quarter, things would be different hahahahaha hahahaha

;D  Word to your Mother on that!
a

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2008, 04:41:43 PM »
You let me know when Israel deals properly with the settlers and the Ultra-Orthodox who keep fucking up the country and then we'll talk turkey. k? 

/your point about about surrounding arabs and those in occupied territories is spot-on tho

Well, it's going to be a while until we get to talk turkey then my friend.

;D  Word to your Mother on that!

I get your point but isn't Louisiana home to many large commercial shipping and large refineries/oil storage facilities and pipelines?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2008, 04:53:49 PM »
If there was oil in the French Quarter, things would be different hahahahaha hahahaha

There is...  about 100 miles due south.
Ron: "I am lazy."

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2008, 04:56:50 PM »
they're in love with Obama right now like a lot of people are after Iowa but when he faces some tough questioning he'll crumble, too young and inexperienced.

hi hillary.
b

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2008, 04:59:16 PM »

There is...  about 100 miles due south.

In the Gulf Of WeOnlyDrillHereOnceWeUse UpAllOfTheSaudi,Iraqi,Venezuelan,CanadianAndAlaskanOil?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2008, 05:10:26 PM »
Israel attacking whoever it wants with impunity and good 'ol Dubya is concerned about whether Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens used steroids, what a fuccking joke.

this is crazy!!!

Since 1992, the U.S. has offered Israel an additional $2 billion annually in loan guarantees. Congressional researchers have disclosed that between 1974 and 1989, $16.4 billion in U.S. military loans were converted to grants and that this was the understanding from the beginning. Indeed, all past U.S. loans to Israel have eventually been forgiven by Congress, which has undoubtedly helped Israel's often-touted claim that they have never defaulted on a U.S. government loan. U.S. policy since 1984 has been that economic assistance to Israel must equal or exceed Israel's annual debt repayment to the United States. Unlike other countries, which receive aid in quarterly installments, aid to Israel since 1982 has been given in a lump sum at the beginning of the fiscal year, leaving the U.S. government to borrow from future revenues. Israel even lends some of this money back through U.S. treasury bills and collects the additional interest.

In addition, there is the more than $1.5 billion in private U.S. funds that go to Israel annually in the form of $1 billion in private tax-deductible donations and $500 million in Israeli bonds. The ability of Americans to make what amounts to tax-deductible contributions to a foreign government, made possible through a number of Jewish charities, does not exist with any other country. Nor do these figures include short- and long-term commercial loans from U.S. banks, which have been as high as $1 billion annually in recent years.

Total U.S. aid to Israel is approximately one-third of the American foreign-aid budget, even though Israel comprises just .001 percent of the world's population and already has one of the world's higher per capita incomes. Indeed, Israel's GNP is higher than the combined GNP of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, the West Bank and Gaza. With a per capita income of about $14,000, Israel ranks as the sixteenth wealthiest country in the world; Israelis enjoy a higher per capita income than oil-rich Saudi Arabia and are only slightly less well-off than most Western European countries.

AID does not term economic aid to Israel as development assistance, but instead uses the term "economic support funding." Given Israel's relative prosperity, U.S. aid to Israel is becoming increasingly controversial. In 1994, Yossi Beilen, deputy foreign minister of Israel and a Knesset member, told the Women's International Zionist organization, "If our economic situation is better than in many of your countries, how can we go on asking for your charity?"
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2008, 05:11:36 PM »
Most Americans are not aware how much of their tax revenue our government sends to Israel. For the fiscal year ending in September 30, 1997, the U.S. has given Israel $6.72 billion: $6.194 billion falls under Israel's foreign aid allotment and $526 million comes from agencies such as the Department of Commerce, the U.S. Information Agency and the Pentagon. The $6.72 billion figure does not include loan guarantees and annual compound interest totalling $3.122 billion the U.S. pays on money borrowed to give to Israel. It does not include the cost to U.S. taxpayers of IRS tax exemptions that donors can claim when they donate money to Israeli charities. (Donors claim approximately $1 billion in Federal tax deductions annually. This ultimately costs other U.S. tax payers $280 million to $390 million.)

When grant, loans, interest and tax deductions are added together for the fiscal year ending in September 30, 1997, our special relationship with Israel cost U.S. taxpayers over $10 billion.

Since 1949 the U.S. has given Israel a total of $83.205 billion. The interest costs borne by U.S. tax payers on behalf of Israel are $49.937 billion, thus making the total amount of aid given to Israel since 1949 $133.132 billion. This may mean that U.S. government has given more federal aid to the average Israeli citizen in a given year than it has given to the average American citizen.
I am angry when I see Israeli settlers from Hebron destroy improvements made to Shuhada Street with my tax money. Also, it angers me that my government is giving over $10 billion to a country that is more prosperous than most of the other countries in the world and uses much of its money for strengthening its military and the oppression of the Palestinian people.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2008, 05:13:32 PM »
most Americans aren't even aware of that shit

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2008, 05:14:11 PM »
THIS THREAD IS WAY TO INTELLECTUAL FOR GETBIG!!!!!!