Author Topic: Looks like Clinton is going to win in NH  (Read 1986 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Looks like Clinton is going to win in NH
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 08:50:58 PM »
Oh I made the assumption since you were so against Hill you were for Obama. Assumptions are the mother of all  ----

I read Obama's book in Barnes and Noble walked away thinking the same thought I had on my mind the night he won his senate seat, "How in the hell did people vote him in..."

I agree that he's just fluff, BUT...

While Clinton's claim of having more experience is valid, I do not LIKE what she represents.  I've seen what she's done in her career and I don't want a return of the Clinton Years.  She's got the experience, but I don't WANT that experience in office.  

She's known as a corporate whore and just as it was when her husband held the official title, that's bad for my wallet.  I also did not like Clinton's cozying up to China.  

My dilemma is that I want the pro-Bush Republicans out of the White House.  My defection started about 5 years ago, but in that time, the Democrats have failed to bring forward a viable (= White male) candidate.  

I keep nervously whispering 'Edwards' (sorta shrugging my shoulders) from time-to-time, but as it stands, I am currently a man without a candidate.

I just know that I'm completely against Hillary and Romney.  :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »
Edwards..he's a trial lawyer..he's full of shit but I guess I could deal with him for 4 years. None of these guys are appealing. I like Mccain, he's nuts but it would be a fun 4 years.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 08:55:16 PM »
No..but the war was about oil. I get something for that right.

haha yep.  I wonder how history will judge it.  History is written by the winners, so it's likely our history books won't mention oil at all.  It'll be "Brave general patreaeus led us to victory over evil saddam and his WMD factories".  

I guess it's colonialism.  French and british did it for centuries, fvcking over Africa way more brutally than we are.  Modern day colonialism... using a lie to get permission to raid a resource.  You can only shake your head and grin at it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »
Edwards..he's a trial lawyer..he's full of shit but I guess I could deal with him for 4 years. None of these guys are appealing. I like Mccain, he's nuts but it would be a fun 4 years.

i'm not too concerned because I think whoever wins, whatever party, they'll all do about the same thing.  They'll say anything to get elected, but once they're in office, they'll be strongly *advised* by those groups which have ran things for decades, and they will listen.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 08:57:24 PM »
Well I've prepared myself for a Dem president a long time ago. Just not an Obama president.....I'm not thrilled with anybody right now. I can live with Hil

Ouch.

I know we haven't always agreed, but I feel you just stabbed me in the eye with that blast!  lol

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 08:58:52 PM »
I heard just recently that it's Obama who is heavily geared up for Nevada???

I might have that wrong. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 09:01:19 PM »
I like Mccain, he's nuts but it would be a fun 4 years.

That's where I'm at.  If the Dems begin to lean heavily towards Hillary, then I'm going full bore for McCain. 

Huckabee is my fallback and they're apparently going with him in SC. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 09:01:39 PM »
She's got the experience, but I don't WANT that experience in office.  

She's known as a corporate whore and just as it was when her husband held the official title, that's bad for my wallet.   

Clinton years were the best years for the middle class. Of those people in financial trouble 43 % feel Hillary can lead them in the right to being able to catch up, 31% side iwth Obama. A clear indication of how the bottom hits in those votes placed by the bottom itself.

Explain how Clinton is the corporate whore, when she has lost her money to Obama...re Gaffin, Time Warner etc. etc. Obama has no experiance hence more manipulation by corporate, Hillary tells them point up I'll do this for this, now do it, Obama will be and is content with taking the campaign money and running to the House.....check into Ulysses S Grant....prime example.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 09:02:12 PM »
Evertime I say it..I slam my head into a wall. Without rehashing my entire belief system.....I think America gets what they deserve and ultimately need as president. We needed Carter to get a Reagan to finaly end the Cold War. We needed Clinton..I guess and we needed Bush to point out the threat of Islam...Iraq being an odd and costly choice, but whatever, they have oil.
L

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 09:02:38 PM »
i'm not too concerned because I think whoever wins, whatever party, they'll all do about the same thing.  They'll say anything to get elected, but once they're in office, they'll be strongly *advised* by those groups which have ran things for decades, and they will listen.

Whoever wins is inheriting a *huge* mess that's going to take at least 5-10 years to fix, I'm afraid.  

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »
I have this kinda Thatcher fantasy with Hil...I think she'd be tough..It all depends on who's part of her cabinet. I think a Dem is inevitable.....this current generation of Americans think the war in Iraq has been to costly and they don't see the threat..I don't worry about domestic policy as I don't see the president from either party screwing things up. Society is manipulated by the media..more people vote for American Idol then the president.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2008, 09:06:37 PM »
I think the economy can be fixed in 4 years..enough to get the dollar up etc...we need to revamp and rebuild the military. Wars will continue, like this for the next 50 years.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »
i see the cycle.

a few years of war, bush1.
a few years of healing, clinton1.

a few year of war, bush 2
a few years of healing, clinton 2.

healing = domestic recovery, a few skirmishes but no new BIG wars.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2008, 09:22:43 PM »
Unless the nutbags get a nuke we'll be doing this kinda thing for awhile. I think we'll end up in Cuba...might not be a hot war..but we'll end up there.
L

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 02:38:54 PM »
obama,edwards,richardson >>>>>>> hillary

most of the repubs suck as well, nothing but a bunch of fear mongering politiciann douchebags

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2008, 08:21:36 PM »
i see the cycle.

a few years of war, bush1.
a few years of healing, clinton1.

a few year of war, bush 2
a few years of healing, clinton 2.

healing = domestic recovery, a few skirmishes but no new BIG wars.
in what ways do you think hillary will heal our country, 240?  specifically.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2008, 08:34:01 PM »
in what ways do you think hillary will heal our country, 240?  specifically.

I think she'll model her presidency after Bill's.

I think we'll scale back iraq operations.  I think she'll tax the rich more than bush has, and roll back spending with the war scaleback.  She'll need to be re-elected, so she'll need fast results in 3 years before the re-election cycle. 

I think the economy will get stronger at the expense of the rich & oil companies.  domestic recovery, basically.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 04:10:33 AM »
I think she'll model her presidency after Bill's.

I think we'll scale back iraq operations.  I think she'll tax the rich more than bush has, and roll back spending with the war scaleback.  She'll need to be re-elected, so she'll need fast results in 3 years before the re-election cycle. 

I think the economy will get stronger at the expense of the rich & oil companies.  domestic recovery, basically.

Make no mistake about it, Hillary Clinton is the transnational corporations candidate.

The weapon industry, the oil industry, medicine... they're all backing her.

She's as dirty as they come IMO.

Edwards or possibly Obama (although his political platform is kinda vague) from the Democrats, and McCain of the Republican party (although he's a bit old), those are the candidates that are most likely to be able to stand up for the citizens against the big corporations and their lobbies.

And candidates with a chance of winning, I might add.

As empty as paradise