Author Topic: Winter Bulking = Constipation: Anyone Try Psyllium Husk Powder As Laxative?  (Read 4804 times)

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
Adding fats and proteins to my diet is wreaking havoc on my guts, suggestions anyone?
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Adding fats and proteins to my diet is wreaking havoc on my guts, suggestions anyone?

2 to 3 tablespoons of flax meal on the salad, 5 to 6  prunes - mixed nuts have high fibre...
K

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
Psyllium husks makes you feel 10-20 pounds lighter!

I use the stuff. It works!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
why not get some fiber from food sources...broccoli!

youandme

• Getbig V
eat a bar of chocolate ex lax, it taste good oh and it makes you ehh ehh

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
just put some of the fiber in a shake in the morning.  Helps immensely.

Jason

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
candidizzle said:

One is soluble and the other is insoluble.

You can still get constipated eating just broccoli because broccolli is insoluble.

Soluble fiber like Psyllium (which is also insoluble) retains water ..

http://www24.netrition.com/cgi/article_display.cgi?magazine_id=RIP&issue_number=4&article_id=11

Yes. Fiber helps with all those things! Most people just don't eat enough of the right foods that contain soluble fiber. You see, there are two types of fiber; soluble and insoluble. We get insoluble from cellulose in the vegetables we eat, and although it is a fiber, it does not attract water to it like soluble fiber does. You see, soluble fiber comes from foods like oatmeal, legumes and other whole grains. As most bodybuilders get close to a show they cut down on the amount of whole grains they are eating so they can keep getting leaner and this works, but by doing this most bodybuilders end up constipated.

Soluble fiber attracts water and then absorbs it making the soluble fiber expand. When this happens the fiber then scrapes the colon and collects the undigested food that is in the gut and passes it!

youandme

• Getbig V
chocolate > < or broccolli

you decide

Tombo

• Getbig V

pwned

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
You can still get constipated eating just broccoli because broccolli is insoluble.

careful, jerryme, candidizzle has more degrees than bethany

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Guy Grundy, us a good digestive enzyme, this way it will break down all your fats carbs and protein so you will have better absortion of your food. This way you absorb all the nutrients.Try to find a good digestive enzyme that covers all basses. It should contains protease,,and or Papain, and or Bromelain to break down protein,Lipase to break down fats,Amylase, to break down carbohydrates,Lactase to break down dairy products, Maltase to break down Maltose and other simple sugars, and Sucrase to break down common sugars.
To get rid of bloating, or gas you can use Peppermint, and Ginger together, to help absorb what ever is causing your distress.
Fiber, and Husk are great but they are just bandages , and they really dont take care of the real problem.If your body has  the enzymes it needs, it will make your digerstive system work as smooth as silk.
Also to help with Digestion add a tablespoon of applecider Vinegar to a sald, with Safflower oil ( which is really CLA) and it will help you absorp your protein 30% better, then not using it.
We all need fiber, but as we age our bodies donmt produce sometimes enough digestive enzymes to break down  all the food we eat, there for we get bloated, and have discomfort.
All you have to do is take a good complete digestive enzyme before you eat, and this will guarantee your body will break down and absorp all the nutrients you body needs from the food you ate.
You can add fiber if you want but if you take the right blend of digestive enzymes, fiber pills, and Husk will be a thing of the past........I hope this helps......God Bless ......John

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Psyllium husks makes you feel 10-20 pounds lighter!

I use the stuff. It works!!

I use it sometimes too.  Makes my poop nice and fluffy ;D

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
guzzle down a bottle of olive oil.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Is that the ingredient in Metamucil?
E

cht868

• Getbig III
grow a penis, that will help u digest ur food, stop being a fucking pussy, i hear girls bitching about being constipated

joelocal

Metamucil 3-4 times per week.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I just go and eat some Taco Bell.  That food runs thru me real fast.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I just go and eat some Taco Bell.  That food runs thru me real fast.

Hell yeah lol...taco bell makes me shit my brains out :)
X

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
note that psyllium husk powder is ground up psyllium husks.  Either way it's certainly better than the artificially flavored and sweetened Metamuscil.  you can get unprocessed psyllium husks at Trader Joes.     I use a tablespoon or two in each protein drink.   

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Guy Grundy, us a good digestive enzyme, this way it will break down all your fats carbs and protein so you will have better absortion of your food. This way you absorb all the nutrients.Try to find a good digestive enzyme that covers all basses. It should contains protease,,and or Papain, and or Bromelain to break down protein,Lipase to break down fats,Amylase, to break down carbohydrates,Lactase to break down dairy products, Maltase to break down Maltose and other simple sugars, and Sucrase to break down common sugars.
To get rid of bloating, or gas you can use Peppermint, and Ginger together, to help absorb what ever is causing your distress.
Fiber, and Husk are great but they are just bandages , and they really dont take care of the real problem.If your body has  the enzymes it needs, it will make your digerstive system work as smooth as silk.
Also to help with Digestion add a tablespoon of applecider Vinegar to a sald, with Safflower oil ( which is really CLA) and it will help you absorp your protein 30% better, then not using it.
We all need fiber, but as we age our bodies donmt produce sometimes enough digestive enzymes to break down  all the food we eat, there for we get bloated, and have discomfort.
All you have to do is take a good complete digestive enzyme before you eat, and this will guarantee your body will break down and absorp all the nutrients you body needs from the food you ate.
You can add fiber if you want but if you take the right blend of digestive enzymes, fiber pills, and Husk will be a thing of the past........I hope this helps......God Bless ......John

papain is a meat tenderizer and is denatured by HCL. safflower oil is bad for health, and cla increases insulin resistence hence it causes bodyfat gain and slows muscle gain.

the enzyme idea is good, but some proteases, lipases, and amylases should cover the bases, no point in mixing in shit like bromelain. bromelain is a great anti inflammatory enzyme but its not really good for digestion.

not trying to bust your balls but cla is utter shit for bodybuilders

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
[...]

evidence please.  your post is full of pseudo-science.  for example, adding a tablespoon of vinegar.  you're stomach is full of hydrochloric acid, with a ph of around 2.   Apple cider vinegar has a ph of 4.4.   A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar will have no impact on the stomach.  A quart, perhaps.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
evidence please.  your post is full of pseudo-science.  for example, adding a tablespoon of vinegar.  you're stomach is full of hydrochloric acid, with a ph of around 2.   Apple cider vinegar has a ph of 4.4.   A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar will have no impact on the stomach.  A quart, perhaps.

every post of seen of his on nutrition have been pseudo science to some degree