Author Topic: when doing percentage work for the big three...  (Read 2061 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
when doing percentage work for the big three...
« on: January 11, 2008, 06:08:25 PM »
say you want to do 60 percent of your squat max of 600 for DE days on a 50-70% wave.. obviously picking raw weight is no biggie.. but what about when you add bands and your'e wanting to do percentage work..do you make sure that the percentage you're wanting to work is at the BOTTOM or at the top? I'd think at the bottom but I'm trying to clarify here because I'm going to start working in waves instead of just working.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: when doing percentage work for the big three...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 07:00:46 PM »
say you want to do 60 percent of your squat max of 600 for DE days on a 50-70% wave.. obviously picking raw weight is no biggie.. but what about when you add bands and your'e wanting to do percentage work..do you make sure that the percentage you're wanting to work is at the BOTTOM or at the top? I'd think at the bottom but I'm trying to clarify here because I'm going to start working in waves instead of just working.

Do your squats on a DE wave at 50/55/60 and then start over.  Use the weight for the bands at the midpoint of the ROM, (on the box) where the band tension is lowest.  Dont wave for the DL at all, unless you want to for boredoms sake.

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 07:07:38 PM »
thanks man that helps alot!

hell no..all speed work, rack work, and gm's for deads and then find a new dead max after a few weeks of them.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
thanks man that helps alot!

hell no..all speed work, rack work, and gm's for deads and then find a new dead max after a few weeks of them.

Keep the speed DLs on fridays, or whenever your DE day is, i was just saying there isnt really any need for the waves.

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 07:10:56 PM »
now go answer our band question below haha

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 07:12:24 PM »
now go answer our band question below haha

just did LOL

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 07:20:12 PM »
just did LOL

Jason
\

haha well done studness! More of jason's secrets revealed!  ;D

now maybe you'll reveal waht the fuck you were drinking when you got that armband tattoo of yours!  ;D ;D

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 07:21:59 PM »
\

haha well done studness! More of jason's secrets revealed!  ;D

now maybe you'll reveal waht the fuck you were drinking when you got that armband tattoo of yours!  ;D ;D

Which one?  The one opn my bicep is my first ever tattoo, I got it when I was, or 10 years ago.  The one on my forearm was titties!  Actually helped the surgeon repair my arm as well!

Jason

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 07:24:20 PM »
Which one?  The one opn my bicep is my first ever tattoo, I got it when I was, or 10 years ago.  The one on my forearm was titties!  Actually helped the surgeon repair my arm as well!

Jason

the bicep one.. that's like me thinking I wanted a house of pain logo on my back... boy am I glad I crawfished out of that one! YEESH!

cool story that your band helped you get put back to together! It would've been even cooler if they used those wires you call hairs in your beard to sew it back up! Now THAT would be pretty fuckin sick.  ;D