Author Topic: This Whole nasser Garbage--My perspective  (Read 1593 times)

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
This Whole nasser Garbage--My perspective
« on: January 14, 2008, 01:01:06 PM »
A story I didnt wanna tell cause I dont want to sound like those schmoes.  But.

A number of years ago I went down to L.A. and trained with Dave Fisher (IFBB pro, Mr. North America).  I was just a fan of his and had contacted him for the opportunity to meet him and train with him.  Anyways, we trained at Gold's Venice for a few days and then he took me to his place in San Diego and I got to stay with him and Sue Price (when they were married) for a few days.  It was an absolutely life capper experience to train with an idol and hang out with him and his third place Ms. Olympia wife.  BUT, does this mean that him and I are buddies because he gave me this opportunity.  Maybe acquaintances, and he is a fantastic guy, but if I bought used clothing from him or posted 2000 threads about him, what in the hell is he gonna think?  Obviously he is going to think "stalker" or "creep" or what have you.  I chalked it up to a thrilling experience and moved on.  That is reality.  Bigbobs claims Nasser as a "friend".  Why, because you maybe had a chance to train with him or meet him a few times.  And now you stalk him and he deals with it cause you buy used clothing from him and he is broke.  Come on, and they call me the crazy one.

side note to this---at the gym we trained at in San Diego, Nasser also trained there.  And he was hated by everyone ,and I mean absolutely despised.  It was eye opening.  And I am not staing this to stir the pot, it was just a fact.  He was an arrogant, lying dickhead according to people there.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: This Whole nasser Garbage--My perspective
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 01:18:16 PM »
Whether or not you would buy a bodybuilding shirt worn by Dave Fischer or not is up to you; but if you did buy one I don't think it would be "gay" in any sense...just like I dont think the guy who buys a "worn by Wayne Greztky" hockey jersey is gay.

As for Nasser's personality, here's my story:

When I first started working out in my late teens, this was before bodybuilders had websites and email addresses you could contact them on...they would have mailing addresses (usually their gyms) at the end of the their articles in Flex Magazine where you could write to.  I wrote a letter, typical of a young person just starting to work out, and had questions like what kind of exercises should I do, sets, reps, etc. what do I eat, etc....and he wrote me back a lengthly handwritten letter and sent a free autographed 8 x 10.  From there I knew he obviously cares about his fans more than most, but that's just the start.  The first time I met him was THREE years after that letter, and we had no contact in between.  He came to Muscle Beach in Edmonton for an autograph-signing session.  When it was my turn, I told him my name for the autographed picture (first name only), and then mentioned in passing that we exchanged a letter long time ago.  He paused and goes, "where did you write from?"  I told him the name of the city, and then he said my last name back to me!  Meaning he remembered my full name for three years with no contact.  I found that amazing considering how many people he meets and how many people must have wrote him over the years.  From there I knew Nasser was different than any other pro in the amount that he actually does care about his fans to remember details like that.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 01:26:16 PM »
Whether or not you would buy a bodybuilding shirt worn by Dave Fischer or not is up to you; but if you did buy one I don't think it would be "gay" in any sense...just like I dont think the guy who buys a "worn by Wayne Greztky" hockey jersey is gay.

When I first started working out in my late teens, this was before bodybuilders had websites and email addresses you could contact them on...they would have mailing addresses (usually their gyms) at the end of the their articles in Flex Magazine where you could write to.  I wrote a letter, typical of a young person just starting to work out, and had questions like what kind of exercises should I do, sets, reps, etc. what do I eat, etc....and he wrote me back a lengthly handwritten letter and sent a free autographed 8 x 10.  From there I knew he obviously cares about his fans more than most, but that's just the start.  The first time I met him was THREE years after that letter, and we had no contact in between.  He came to Muscle Beach in Edmonton for an autograph-signing session.  When it was my turn, I told him my name for the autographed picture (first name only), and then mentioned in passing that we exchanged a letter long time ago.  He paused and goes, "where did you write from?"  I told him the name of the city, and then he said my last name back to me!  Meaning he remembered my full name for three years with no contact.  I found that amazing considering how many people he meets and how many people must have wrote him over the years.  From there I knew Nasser was different than any other pro in the amount that he actually does care about his fans to remember details like that.

and I stone cold respect and admire how it came about that you met him and all that.  Its awesome.  Whats disgusting though is the levels you go to on here blabbing on about him.  Anyways, this could go back and forth til doomsday. 

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 01:35:18 PM »
and I stone cold respect and admire how it came about that you met him and all that.  Its awesome.  Whats disgusting though is the levels you go to on here blabbing on about him.  Anyways, this could go back and forth til doomsday. 

It's all good - I dont consider this flaming.  Actually gives me a chance to explain my side.  I would not be posting so much about Nasser if there were not so many Nasser-haters on here.  Another reason is because naturally he gets discussed more when his interviews are released, and combined with the fact that his interviews are contraversial and he has lots of haters it results in lots of anti-Nasser posts...me being a devout fan feels the need to reply to address them. 

Once that's over I rarely have time to post about other stuff...so if it wasn't for all the Nasser drama lately I'd be posting about things which most people would consider more "normal"--girls, other bodybuilders, cars, etc.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »

I dunno man, I still can't understand why anyone would idolize a guy who prances around on stage in a thong for a living. 

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 08:34:52 PM »
Come to think of it, my defending of Nasser on this board is really no different than the Y-crew's unconditional and and devout defending of each other in all circumstances on this forum.  Kinda hypocritical to call scenerio gay while taking part in the other.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »
Come to think of it, my defending of Nasser on this board is really no different than the Y-crew's unconditional and and devout defending of each other in all circumstances on this forum.  Kinda hypocritical to call scenerio gay while taking part in the other.
STFU queer.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 09:28:50 PM »
Meltdown
Premature meltdown calling meltdown.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 09:32:43 PM »
Premature meltdown calling meltdown.

Swearing or threats = Meltdown.  Calling a meltdown does not equal meltdown.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 09:35:50 PM »

No, it just makes you look like an asshole. Congratulations.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 09:40:29 PM »
Swearing = Meltdown? hahahaa What a fucking idiot, self called meltdown.

I can't believe this asshole, another meltdown, has the dickcheese, meltdown, to call a meltdown cause I told his camel fucking ass, meltdown, to STFU. hahaha

Fucking moron, "big"bobsoncameljockeysnuts.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!