Author Topic: "nutrition" professor tells students you must burn caffeine before calories...  (Read 7238 times)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
This is amongst the biggest BS I've ever heard, this professor at my local college is telling students that you will lose weight by going off diet coke because you won't have to burn the caffeine that it contains.  Since when do you have to "burn" caffeine?  It's false energy,a drug, and it cannot be counted as part of your daily caloric intake.  I guess according to him you could live off of caffeine pills alone.  Any thoughts on this?  Anybody heard this crap before?

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
This is amongst the biggest BS I've ever heard, this professor at my local college is telling students that you will lose weight by going off diet coke because you won't have to burn the caffeine that it contains.  Since when do you have to "burn" caffeine?  It's false energy,a drug, and it cannot be counted as part of your daily caloric intake.  I guess according to him you could live off of caffeine pills alone.  Any thoughts on this?  Anybody heard this crap before?

Nice "college". Is it for limited people?

pumpher

• Getbig III
Since when did "Candidate" become a prof at your university?  ;D

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard

Nice "college". Is it for limited people?

It's a community college....go figure.

I want to sit this fool down and go to work on his "nutrition" degree.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD

me and my friends used to put visine in each others drinks.  bellyaches, shitting, all that.  It's awesome.

have you tried putting visine in his beverage?
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
hey mother fucker....i know more about nutrition than you know about yourself.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Is this the same college that Goodrum got his degree from?

"The only way to truely achieve Munzer like conditioning is to replace your diet coke with a large orange drank from McDonalds."

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163

Just stuffing everything in reach down your throat (including cocks) doesn't count as nutrition expertise.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
And he calls himself a professor.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Confront the pro-fessor and straighten the facts. It's pretty cool to watch them re-curving the truth via their status and bullshit.

The Master

• Getbig V

;D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
You know, that's actually a pretty interesting concept that deserves some consideration, if you ask me. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
You know, that's actually a pretty interesting concept that deserves some consideration, if you ask me. 

your obviously kidding right?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
Tell Professor Goodrum to quit his day job!
BigNationRadio.com

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com

No it's not. 
One of the "metabolites" of Caffeine is Paraxanthine, which increases lipolysis.  This increases the levels of free fatty acids in the bloodstream, allowing for increases fat burning. 
Paraxathine is actually the highest metabolite concentration for caffeine. 

Caffeine isn't really a "stimulant," it's more of an anti-suppresant (made up word).  It antagonizes adenosine. 
While adenosine might be fun for seeing what type of arrythmia you're in (Jeff, you're a PT, right?  You've probably seen adenosine used for this)....it is the opposite of a stimulant. 

By blocking adenosine, a stimulant effect is placed on the CNS. 

The act of "burning" caffeine increases the amount of fat used for energy and stimulates the body, resulting in greater caloric expenditure.  If this is bad for metabolism, the anatomy and physiology books need to be re-written.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
No it's not. 
One of the "metabolites" of Caffeine is Paraxanthine, which increases lipolysis.  This increases the levels of free fatty acids in the bloodstream, allowing for increases fat burning. 

Caffeine isn't really a "stimulant," it's more of an anti-suppresant (made up word).  It antagonizes adenosine. 
While adenosine might be fun for seeing what type of arrythmia you're in (Jeff, you're a PT, right?  You've probably seen adenosine used for this)....it is the opposite of a stimulant. 

The act of "burning" caffeine increases the amount of fat used for energy and stimulates the body, resulting in greater caloric expenditure.  If this is bad for metabolism, the anatomy and physiology books need to be re-written.

Give it to me in english, doc.
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

troponin

• Getbig III
Give it to me in english, doc.

caffeine metabolism releases fat stores.
The act of "burning" caffine burns calories.  The professor is a moron.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Just stuffing everything in reach down your throat (including cocks) doesn't count as nutrition expertise.

It seems as though CumDrizzle  is quite the sword swallower

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
It seems as though CumDrizzle  is quite the sword swallower

If by sword, you mean the cock of a random street bum, you're on the spot.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
No it's not. 

while caffeine does competively inhibit adenosine by binding its receptors which isnt a stimulant effects its inhibiting effect on phosphodiesterase which increase cyclical amp levels via adenylate cyclase(may work on other second messangers also) g coupled proteins and  has a stimulant effect, so saying its not a stimulant is incorrect. it does have stimulant effect and some beta agonist effect hence the bronchodialating properties.

theres nothing to burn in caffeine as it contains no calories, it increasese lipolysis as you indicated for the two above reasons.

im curious, what is your education, you seem to be pretty knowledgeble on the human body?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
caffeine is also a purine alkaloid(nitrogen containing heterocycic ring) along with theobromine in chocolate etc and all have stimulating effects, thats why chocomine is the shit for some non coffee drinkers ;D

troponin

• Getbig III
while caffeine does competively inhibit adenosine by binding its receptors which isnt a stimulant effects its inhibiting effect on phosphodiesterase which increase cyclical amp levels via adenylate cyclase(may work on other second messangers also) g coupled proteins and  has a stimulant effect, so saying its not a stimulant is incorrect. it does have stimulant effect and some beta agonist effect hence the bronchodialating properties.

theres nothing to burn in caffeine as it contains no calories, it increasese lipolysis as you indicated for the two above reasons.

im curious, what is your education, you seem to be pretty knowledgeble on the human body?

I was saying that its stimulant effects aren't necessarily from sympthathiometric activity, but from the antoginistic nature on adenosine. 
Similar to the tropanes effects as anti-muscinarics, instead of nictotinic agonism.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Necrosis

• Getbig V
I was saying that its stimulant effects aren't necessarily from sympthathiometric activity, but from the antoginistic nature on adenosine. 
Similar to the tropanes effects as anti-muscinarics, instead of nictotinic agonism.

your correct, but caffeine does more then just bind the adenosine receptor.

no point in even arguing it.

how much can you bench?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
troponinnutrition!!!! i would love to have you be more involved on the nutrition board.  you seem extremely eductaed, and i know that justin harris is one of your guys...and he is a VERY knowledgeable athlete.  please help educate myself and the rest of this board! (lord knows there are alot of guys on here that dont know jack shit)

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV

A 300 dollar a day coke habit isnt nutrition.  Hope this helps.

Jason