Author Topic: crackin down at "WIFE BEATER NATION"  (Read 2784 times)

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
crackin down at "WIFE BEATER NATION"
« on: January 16, 2008, 11:04:06 AM »
this is a rant don't post alot but read alot so i decided to see what other people thought I currently workout at wife beater nation better know as golds gym in st.louis,MO and all of a sudden they wanna crack down on rules now.  The other day some gal told me that i couldn't have my gym bag in the gym only in the locker room.  Now i understand if it was in the way or something but i always keep my bag out of the way.  I don't know about you guys or gals but my bag in the gym is like my purse i keep my keys in it my wallet in it because there have been break ins in the parking lot and in the past in the locker room.  All my shit is in it my wraps straps belt all the good stuff you know.  I argued with her for about ten minutes over it telling her there was alot more shit to crack down on then my bag.  Like the asshole dropping his 55lb dumbells and bending them to fuck when he is doing flat presses the shit fucks leaving all there weights on everthing they use not stripping off anything.  The place is terrible for people not stripping there weights.  Well i didn't put my bag up nor am i, i went to workout today and she was patrolling the floor and yes i had my bag there with me and i knew she wanted to say something and then she ttold some guy to get off his cell phone then awhile later what to does she do she pulls her phone out of her pocket and it looked as she was sending a text massege...total BS anyways the world has truely turned into the soccer mom atmosphere no load noise no deadlifting this is a joke.

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
Re: crackin down at "WIFE BEATER NATION"
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »
this is a rant don't post alot but read alot so i decided to see what other people thought I currently workout at wife beater nation better know as golds gym in st.louis,MO and all of a sudden they wanna crack down on rules now.  The other day some gal told me that i couldn't have my gym bag in the gym only in the locker room.  Now i understand if it was in the way or something but i always keep my bag out of the way.  I don't know about you guys or gals but my bag in the gym is like my purse i keep my keys in it my wallet in it because there have been break ins in the parking lot and in the past in the locker room.  All my shit is in it my wraps straps belt all the good stuff you know.  I argued with her for about ten minutes over it telling her there was alot more shit to crack down on then my bag.  Like the asshole dropping his 55lb dumbells and bending them to fuck when he is doing flat presses the shit fucks leaving all there weights on everthing they use not stripping off anything.  The place is terrible for people not stripping there weights.  Well i didn't put my bag up nor am i, i went to workout today and she was patrolling the floor and yes i had my bag there with me and i knew she wanted to say something and then she ttold some guy to get off his cell phone then awhile later what to does she do she pulls her phone out of her pocket and it looked as she was sending a text massege...total BS anyways the world has truely turned into the soccer mom atmosphere no load noise no deadlifting this is a joke.

crybaby meltdown!
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:07:28 AM »
i hate the shitheads that whip down the db's, bending them up.  At my gym, that shit doesn't get fixed.

I yelled at some high schooler when he did that just the other day.  Feels the need to slam down the 60 when doing two handed tri extensions.  Bent it all up.  

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:15:28 AM »
the dumbells there are all bent to shit it is horrible

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 11:15:56 AM »
...I think he has inadvertedly discovered why so many bodybuilders adopt the fanny-pack!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 01:05:13 PM »
no one cares "dawg."

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 01:08:14 PM »
hahahaha, holy shit man i train at Gold's in STL, which one do you go to? they've been getting really annoying with the "rules" at my place too.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 01:12:29 PM »
hahahaha, holy shit man i train at Gold's in STL, which one do you go to? they've been getting really annoying with the "rules" at my place too.
and you dont lay the smack down SF?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 01:13:57 PM »
and you dont lay the smack down SF?
they don't fucck with me, the only thing they ever ASKED ME POLITELY about is using chalk and i told them poiltely that i was going to continue to use it because i've been a member for years and if they had a problem with it i'd call their regional supervisor, they shut the hell up after that.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »
I was expecting this to turn into a "Victorian Guy" type of story (anyone remember him from the bb.com forum a long time ago? funny shit)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »
LOL i when to gold's and did cardio with a wife beater on today. :-[
A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »
Victorian Guy and his pal Nobby ruled!!  LOL  :)

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 01:38:52 PM »
your fault man dont go to gold, world, la fitness, nysc etc etc

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 01:40:46 PM »
your fault man dont go to gold, world, la fitness, nysc etc etc
problem is here in St. Louis all we have is 6-7 Gold's, one Powerhouse and some 24 Hour Fitness's.

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 06:29:49 PM »

go to the one in maryland heights, there pretty cool over there

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 06:48:12 AM »
funny, but last night, after i responded to this thread i went to the gym to find the 60 pounder's handled snapped in two.

asked the owner about it-->some prepubecent high school was tossing it around. 

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 07:21:48 AM »
funny, but last night, after i responded to this thread i went to the gym to find the 60 pounder's handled snapped in two.

asked the owner about it-->some prepubecent high school was tossing it around. 

I don't know how you break dumbells.  Must be shit equipment or pre-WW2 stuff.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 10:23:31 AM »
no, actually the bars are good.. it's just over time, with dudes dropping them on the side of the plate, the bar begins to crack

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 01:30:06 PM »
I have given up on gyms in my area, the atmosphere sucks and they cater to the out of shape gym newbs and soccer moms, they basically could care less about anyone who actually lifts weights and trains hard. They just want to keep catering to the cycle of out of shape morons signing up and putting little if any wear and tear on the machines if they even show up for more then 2 weeks. I feel like I have better workouts in my garage with limited equipment then trying to workout at a gym with pop music, people (fat,old,lazy etc..) in my way and especially now with so many new rules being enforced.
I

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 01:34:48 PM »
no, actually the bars are good.. it's just over time, with dudes dropping them on the side of the plate, the bar begins to crack

I have york bells in my gym and not one has cracked, bent or broken.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 01:43:58 PM »
I have york bells in my gym and not one has cracked, bent or broken.

At my old gym they didn't have the best DB's but the bent ones were all above 80lbs and came from multiple drops at odd angles and various heigths. Never heard of the bar actually cracking or breaking in half though.
I

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 01:46:57 PM »
crackin down at "WIFE BEATER NATION" "BIG NATION"

Fixed.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 01:52:25 PM »
Atleast you got rules, the shitty ballys i go to in los angeles are a joke, i've see it all there, from dude running in indian leather sandels, to dudes working out with no shirts.
Oh and the dude with the tiny track shorts doing squats on the leverage hack machine stacked with 12 plates on each side, then doing regular squats with only 2 plates for 5 reps  ::)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 04:00:34 PM »
not exactly where it cracks...may have been on the threads at the end...

they're the dumbells that have 10 pound plates on them..not solid iron ones

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 05:29:31 PM »
Gold's sukks, I had nothing but problems there.  World's is okay though
X