Author Topic: Tuff guy needs no spotter  (Read 2514 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Tuff guy needs no spotter
« on: January 16, 2008, 01:20:09 PM »
I dont really post much here just read alone and get my laughs at work, so i thought i would share a quick gym moment i had a few weeks ago at the local ballys i work out in hawthore ca.

So its a little late in the evening during christmas week, gym little empty that day, so im a decent size nothing big, finished my workout, did some cardio, and thought i would do a few benching with 185.
This Monster :o who i have never seen at the gym before, just a little smaller than me Obviously thought im going to show this fooo whats up, he already had 315 saw him hit that 1 time out the corner of my eye, SO im like cool, go on with my 185, this Beast decides to put a quarter on each side 365 right, stands there looks at it and i guess didnt like it, MAN felt stong that day, takes the 25's off and puts on 45's thats 4plates, 405lbs.
Hes in the middle bench, to one side a skinny 16 yr old kid and on the side of him Me, figured he would ask for a spot right?? NO not this Barbarian! 8)
I smiled layed on the bench and out the corner of my eye i see him get a clean lift, and the BOOOOOOOM!! tryied to bounce 405lb of his gut and didnt bounce ONE INCH!  :'(

I was still doing my reps with my 185 right, so i was only at 6 reps of my 12 in that set and could finish short,
While reping my sets out i look at this chump with his head to the 16yr old kid and the kid just looks away.
I finish my 12reps and figured this guy needs help walk over to the bench COOL like i am right now, grab the bar, DUDES face is like a ripped tomato by now, and i camly tell him to PUSH! Funny thing i made him do it like a FORCED REP, too him like 20 sec to get it up ;)
I was like DUDE you almost had it all by yourself, Fckr didnt even say thanks just walked away. >:(

And i thought i was the nice guy here ;D

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Tuff guy needs no spotter
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 01:21:36 PM »
FAIL

Jason

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
meltdown.

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 01:23:38 PM »
I fucking laughed at the force rep part atlest  ;D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 01:26:10 PM »

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 01:26:41 PM »
I fucking laughed at the force rep part atlest  ;D

Why? It's obvious 'Nails' would not bicep curl the 405lb up his chest.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 01:27:33 PM »
Don't feel bad, i bet he shited himself, and had to go changed.
A

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 01:38:19 PM »
i laughed at the fact that the dude dropped the bar on himself around nail's rep 6, and then after nails finished the 12 he finally walked over to help the guy.  ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 01:39:16 PM »
i laughed at the fact that the dude dropped the bar on himself around nail's rep 6, and then after nails finished the 12 he finally walked over to help the guy.  ;D

haha, that was the best part.  ;D ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 01:40:22 PM »
Why? It's obvious 'Nails' would not bicep curl the 405lb up his chest.

Your right 405 bicep curls would end up hurting my tennis elbow.
This same chump came in a week after and saw me doing curls with a flat bar and 25's and HERE he comes again, stands a few feet from me and starts cheat curling 135 for 2 reps. ::)
Does about 3 sets of that, me being the jerk that i am move over to dumbles and curl with 20's.
So he just moves on to shoulders.
This punk is gettin on my nerves, i think he feels hes new there and wants EVERYONE to know he's the bad ass  there

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 01:45:15 PM »
This same chump came in a week after and saw me doing curls with a flat bar and 25's and HERE he comes again, stands a few feet from me and starts cheat curling 135 for 2 reps. ::)
Does about 3 sets of that, me being the jerk that i am move over to dumbles and curl with 20's.
This punk is gettin on my nerves, i think he feels hes new there and wants EVERYONE to know he's the bad ass  there

You need to go back to gimmick school son,

grade:F

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 01:46:15 PM »

pretty weak story.

these guys are all over every gym.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »

Don't hate - he's just superhuman and wants your praise  8)
Did both of you powermongers continue with the ego-war in the showers?  ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 01:57:54 PM »
You need to go back to gimmick school son,

grade:F

Teach me Mr Miyagi

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 02:09:04 PM »
Teach me Mr Miyagi

I thought he was pretty clear.

Jason

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 02:57:58 PM »
you can tell this guy's not a gimmick because of the weights he says he's using. they're pretty standard "regular gymgoer" amounts. if he was a gimmick he'd either be talking about getting 365 for 10 or struggling to bench 95 for 3.

and like i said, screw alla y'all, the image of nails casually finishing his set and then moseying on over to the fat guy pinned under 405 because he was too dumb to get a spot is making me laugh my ass off right now.  ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 03:22:40 PM »
you can tell this guy's not a gimmick because of the weights he says he's using. they're pretty standard "regular gymgoer" amounts. if he was a gimmick he'd either be talking about getting 365 for 10 or struggling to bench 95 for 3.

and like i said, screw alla y'all, the image of nails casually finishing his set and then moseying on over to the fat guy pinned under 405 because he was too dumb to get a spot is making me laugh my ass off right now.  ;D

I glad you feel me playa, No gimmick here, Just spitting the shit, I dont bench past 225 and if did more than that i would ask for a spot, or hit the Hammer strengh, but for someone new to come in think hes hot shit bench 315 once and then just to 405 i had to make him feel stupid for trying to show me up.
A few friends told me i should have left him under that bar and figured his own way out, but i guess im a nice guy :)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 04:00:29 PM »
I dont really post much here just read alone and get my laughs at work, so i thought i would share a quick gym moment i had a few weeks ago at the local ballys i work out in hawthore ca.

So its a little late in the evening during christmas week, gym little empty that day, so im a decent size nothing big, finished my workout, did some cardio, and thought i would do a few benching with 185.
This Monster :o who i have never seen at the gym before, just a little smaller than me Obviously thought im going to show this fooo whats up, he already had 315 saw him hit that 1 time out the corner of my eye, SO im like cool, go on with my 185, this Beast decides to put a quarter on each side 365 right, stands there looks at it and i guess didnt like it, MAN felt stong that day, takes the 25's off and puts on 45's thats 4plates, 405lbs.
Hes in the middle bench, to one side a skinny 16 yr old kid and on the side of him Me, figured he would ask for a spot right?? NO not this Barbarian! 8)
I smiled layed on the bench and out the corner of my eye i see him get a clean lift, and the BOOOOOOOM!! tryied to bounce 405lb of his gut and didnt bounce ONE INCH!  :'(

I was still doing my reps with my 185 right, so i was only at 6 reps of my 12 in that set and could finish short,
While reping my sets out i look at this chump with his head to the 16yr old kid and the kid just looks away.
I finish my 12reps and figured this guy needs help walk over to the bench COOL like i am right now, grab the bar, DUDES face is like a ripped tomato by now, and i camly tell him to PUSH! Funny thing i made him do it like a FORCED REP, too him like 20 sec to get it up ;)
I was like DUDE you almost had it all by yourself, Fckr didnt even say thanks just walked away. >:(

And i thought i was the nice guy here ;D

Spreading the GB love ;D

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 05:18:53 PM »
I'd have left him there
X

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »
Spreading the GB love ;D

there should be a line of getbig t-shirts with lines like "hahaha you're a BEAST!!!" on the back.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 05:26:01 PM »
there should be a line of getbig t-shirts with lines like "hahaha you're a BEAST!!!" on the back.
Or ones with "he says he's a cage fighter ::)" with arrows in both direction.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »
I have a similar story, but seeing as it happened in an Irish gym there's a little more cruelty involved...

Gym weirdo (skin-tight strappy girls top, skin-tight short shorts, epic ILS and permanently inflated ribcage) asks to work in at the squat rack. My training partner and I, eager to observe the lesser-spotted real life living stereotype in its natural habitat, agree without hesitation.

I'm squatting 315 for sets of 5 (cue Squadfather), while my training partner (160 lbs) is struggling with 225.

The Stereotype works in with a truly bewildering show of strength: 315 for 25 quick reps.

Granted, he only barely broke the lock in his knees and the total vertical travel distance of the bar on each rep was a tad short of two inches... but not being sure whether he's doing reps or having a small seizure we don't question it.

After my next set I furtively replaced the loaded bar on the supports about three inches below shoulder height, while my training partner distracts the Stereotype with lavish praise of his prodigious strength.

This is where the owning began...

Stereotype flexes his mighty pigeon legs in the mirror and announces that he's going to go lighter in order to do even more reps; and I quote "For definition". He strips the bar to 225, and positions himself for the lift with all the ritual and ostentation of an Bulgarian Olympic weightlifter.

GRUNT! The legs drive.... pursed exhalation... the Stereotype fails to lift the weight out of the rack.

Not realising that the bar is resting about three inches lower than normal, and unable to overcome his delusion, the Stereotype continued to strain and heave for the next 30 red-faced seconds.

Eventually he fainted.

When he came to, to my eternal shame, I told him he got 50 reps.

What else was I supposed to do? Having cheered encouragement throughout his attempt to unrack 225 I already knew I was going to hell... another white lie wouldn't further damn me.

The Luke