Author Topic: I'm changing the way I operate on this board.  (Read 1369 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I'm changing the way I operate on this board.
« on: January 17, 2008, 01:18:06 AM »
You post the things you do on this board because it's something that is in some way important to you.  What you can expect from me from here on out is a degree of respect for your opinion.  If I disagree with you, I will reply with a thought out response and not attempt to belittle your opinion with mockery and sarcasm.  Righty, lefty, middle, I don't care, what you will get from me is a serious reply or nothing.  I have a hunch we're getting to a point on this board where some people don't even bother posting an item knowing full well it will only receive several smart ass remarks.  I've seen people post passionately about something they care about just stop and attempt some kind of appeasement style of posting their opinion, myself included.  This forum is open to all ideas and line of thought. At least from me, I am committing to a level of professionalism from here on out in responding to the things you care about. I'm changing the way I operate on this board.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: I'm changing the way I operate on this board.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 04:32:06 AM »
You post the things you do on this board because it's something that is in some way important to you.  What you can expect from me from here on out is a degree of respect for your opinion.  If I disagree with you, I will reply with a thought out response and not attempt to belittle your opinion with mockery and sarcasm.  Righty, lefty, middle, I don't care, what you will get from me is a serious reply or nothing.  I have a hunch we're getting to a point on this board where some people don't even bother posting an item knowing full well it will only receive several smart ass remarks.  I've seen people post passionately about something they care about just stop and attempt some kind of appeasement style of posting their opinion, myself included.  This forum is open to all ideas and line of thought. At least from me, I am committing to a level of professionalism from here on out in responding to the things you care about.

Huh?

FWIW, I can't seem to recall all that much belittling coming from you.

Maybe I'm a little thick, or you're not just any good at the "belittling" biz. ;D

I enjoy your posts 100% of the time, even when I disagree with them.

As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 04:37:37 AM »
Huh?

Maybe I'm a little thick, or you're not just any good at the "belittling" biz. ;D

thanks Hedge.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 05:06:25 AM »
I have a hunch we're getting to a point on this board where some people don't even bother posting an item knowing full well it will only receive several smart ass remarks. 

very, very well said.  although it has gotten to that point and passed it a long time ago.
W

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 07:23:18 AM »
Huh?

Keep your flirting to PM's.

Does that mean 99% of 240's posts will be removed? ???
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 07:43:23 AM »
Keep your flirting to PM's.

Does that mean 99% of 240's posts will be removed? ???
The post is about how I operate on the board as a participant, not mod.  I can't tell others what to do, but I hope others might back off of mockery on their own.  However, I will be increasing deletes of posts that have zero value which I have gotten lax on.  So if you pop in with just a "fuck off libtard"  expect it to get zapped.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 08:14:22 AM »
The post is about how I operate on the board as a participant, not mod.  I can't tell others what to do, but I hope others might back off of mockery on their own.  However, I will be increasing deletes of posts that have zero value which I have gotten lax on.  So if you pop in with just a "fuck off libtard"  expect it to get zapped.

Fuck off libtard... freedom of speech is above everything.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 08:23:40 AM »
Fuck off libtard... freedom of speech is above everything.
I'll take that as humor since you didn't mind me wacking such posts at the start of political. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 09:45:06 AM »
I'll take that as humor since you didn't mind me wacking such posts at the start of political. 

Seriously tho... with your persona plus mod handle, I can see you becoming a right anti-free speech Nazi.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 09:56:16 AM »
Seriously tho... with your persona plus mod handle, I can see you becoming a right anti-free speech Nazi.
You're just upset that your in drop an insult and back out style of posting is in jeopardy.  Nothing has changed, I wacked those posts at the start of this forum and the rest of what you read is just a promise from me that I will respect everyone's opinion in how I respond to what they've posted on the board.  What's the big deal about that?  If you don't like that, you're bigtime in the minority.  Actually I'll bet you're by yourself on that.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 09:57:37 AM »
You're just upset that your in drop an insult and back out style of posting is in jeopardy.  Nothing has changed, I wacked those posts at the start of this forum and the rest of what you read is just a promise from me that I will respect everyone's opinion in how I respond to what they've posted on the board.  What's the big deal about that?  If you don't like that, you're bigtime in the minority.  Actually I'll bet you're by yourself on that.

My point was solely on deleting posts. Nothing more, nothing less.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 10:01:13 AM »
My point was solely on deleting posts. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm not deleting anything that shouldn't be deleted.  If you expect to drop in and post a smart ass response with no substance to the thread I'm going to wack it.  If you don't like it, do a Jimmy and start some crusade to have me replaced.  I really don't care at this point.  When the forum no longer wants me, fine.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 10:16:24 AM »
I'm not deleting anything that shouldn't be deleted.  If you expect to drop in and post a smart ass response with no substance to the thread I'm going to wack it.  If you don't like it, do a Jimmy and start some crusade to have me replaced.  I really don't care at this point.  When the forum no longer wants me, fine.

lol, you sound so noble :D

There's only one time I was pissed off that someone removed my comment, I still think it's you; no mod had the balls the own up to it.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 10:17:59 AM »
lol, you sound so noble :D

There's only one time I was pissed off that someone removed my comment, I still think it's you; no mod had the balls the own up to it.
What was it?  I will be honest and tell you if I removed it.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 10:25:27 AM »
What was it?  I will be honest and tell you if I removed it.

Basically stating that if you truly believed Ron Paul will revolutionise the banks, foreign policy etc as he has promised he would you're being naive.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 10:30:30 AM »
Basically stating that if you truly believed Ron Paul will revolutionise the banks, foreign policy etc as he has promised he would you're being naive.
I absolutely would not delete that and I have no memory of deleting that and I have no motivation to delete that.  There is no shortage of Ron Paul supporters on this board so I would expect it to be refuted.  I swear it was not me, you should have just reposted it.  it doesn't sound like anything any of us would delete.

Alex23

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 10:38:13 AM »
You post the things you do on this board because it's something that is in some way important to you.  What you can expect from me from here on out is a degree of respect for your opinion.  If I disagree with you, I will reply with a thought out response and not attempt to belittle your opinion with mockery and sarcasm.  Righty, lefty, middle, I don't care, what you will get from me is a serious reply or nothing.  I have a hunch we're getting to a point on this board where some people don't even bother posting an item knowing full well it will only receive several smart ass remarks.  I've seen people post passionately about something they care about just stop and attempt some kind of appeasement style of posting their opinion, myself included.  This forum is open to all ideas and line of thought. At least from me, I am committing to a level of professionalism from here on out in responding to the things you care about. I'm changing the way I operate on this board.

Professional Meltdown ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »

Alex23

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 10:45:54 AM »
Definitely  ;D

I agree with you. To add to that, the long post regurgitators aren't the smartest ones. Not being able to make your argument in a limited amount of words is a sign of weakness.