Author Topic: Who here really likes his Gym...What makes your Gym stand out.  (Read 3459 times)

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
Re: Who here really likes his Gym...What makes your Gym stand out.
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 05:47:47 AM »
My gym was designed by Brent Harvey Jr. www.brentharveyjr.com
Spirit of Truth

NICOLE ACKER

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 07:02:31 AM »
The Koloseum Gym in Fullerton..Its a type of place that you want to go all out every single workout.Milos has everything and more in there coupled with a great atmosphere..train hard or dont bother coming...I consider it the best gym Ive ever trained it..my personal favorite. ;D

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 01:07:12 PM »
The Koloseum Gym in Fullerton..Its a type of place that you want to go all out every single workout.Milos has everything and more in there coupled with a great atmosphere..train hard or dont bother coming...I consider it the best gym Ive ever trained it..my personal favorite. ;D
I can't imagine the percentage of juiceheads there.  All "hardcore" I'm sure...haah
N

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2008, 01:11:38 PM »
Who can stand training in the same gym everyday?I train at several Golds in my area. Usually I hit 2 to 3 different ones in week. change of atmosphere and different equipment keep it fresh.

YiriSS

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2008, 02:51:21 PM »

i will train here when i travel later in the year

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 02:58:33 PM »
most famous people and singers that come down here come to the gym i workout in... its cool to see someone famous working out side by side with you!  ;D

BigUncleRock

• Getbig II
  • It's not the style, but the man!
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 04:32:47 PM »
dohertys gym in melbourne,  best gym in australia

dohertysgym.com

bodybuilders, powerlifters, fitness models, boxing gym ,heavy ,heavy weights and it never closes, i trained there at 8am xmas morning,
something there for everyone thats serious about thier training.
plenty of people serious about their training to inspire everyone else

i love the pictures on the walls, theres a story to all of them,

if you guys ever travel to australia, this is the one to train at, all the travelling IFBB pros seem to love it

I also train at Dohertys.
There are plenty of heavy weights, and guys that train really hard.
The personal trainers are also body builders so they dont give you crap advice like the other skinny runt pts.

Rock

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »
Hey guys, I just logged on and saw all these comments on my gym. That is way cool. Thanks for the heads up!. There are some great images here .... http://www.dohertysgym.com/forum/viewforum.php?forum_id=33
I think most gyms have lost their way.

Our mission is to smash the boundaries, to do it bigger and better and to do it our way. To achieve this we provide an ever improving, unique and motivating atmosphere. An environment where athletes and individuals, with a common goal of self improvement can congregate and share in knowledge and experience. They will not be restrained by time of day, or by pathetic fitness industry trends and standards, but by their desire to be their best.

Tony Doherty. 24:7:365

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2008, 04:47:35 PM »
Hey guys, I just logged on and saw all these comments on my gym. That is way cool. Thanks for the heads up!. There are some great images here .... http://www.dohertysgym.com/forum/viewforum.php?forum_id=33

Our mission is to smash the boundaries, to do it bigger and better and to do it our way. To achieve this we provide an ever improving, unique and motivating atmosphere. An environment where athletes and individuals, with a common goal of self improvement can congregate and share in knowledge and experience. They will not be restrained by time of day, or by pathetic fitness industry trends and standards, but by their desire to be their best.

Sounds like a great gym. If i'm ever down in Melbourne ill definietly check it out.
No doubt about it...

YiriSS

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 12:16:15 AM »

keep up the great work tony

my 2nd home

MG

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 12:20:26 AM »
I will have to check out that gym when I do travel across the Tasman to Melbourne that sound like a very cool gym were all the IFBB pros train when they come to Melbourne.

YiriSS

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 06:33:55 AM »
let us know when youre coming over

bigunclerock

when do you train there?

blazer000

• Getbig II
  • Get Crazy
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2008, 03:58:34 PM »
my gym has no machines (lat pull down and leg ext are exceptions) only dumbbells and power rack

thing is, its a HS gym and I have a key so I'm the only one down there ever

sucks when i have to scrounge for a spotter on bench, but rules all the other times
Persevere

Moosejay

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2008, 06:19:44 AM »
Do you ever put on a really ratty old wifebeater and do one arm dumbbell side raises with those dumbbells just for nostalgic reasons?

No, but I asked Mike if he still had that shirt.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 06:42:40 AM »
I like my two different gyms.  two different enviornments.  now I find out the jewish community center gym (open to all) is pretty kickass too.  but a third gym? maybe...
X

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 09:39:40 AM »

the complete absence of irish and germans in it

the complete lack of english in mine.

joelocal

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »
Do you ever put on a really ratty old wifebeater and do one arm dumbbell side raises with those dumbbells just for nostalgic reasons?

LOL....we used to be pirates :D

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2008, 10:43:03 AM »
the Brazilian chicks with their "outfits" make my gym-going experience well worth it 8)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »
my gym sucks. bad news is i own it. no one for me to complain to.