Author Topic: QUESTION FOR YOU LADIES ABOUT A COMMENT I MADE!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5188 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
QUESTION FOR YOU LADIES ABOUT A COMMENT I MADE!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 17, 2008, 08:13:04 AM »
ok i'm wathcing American Idol with my girlfriend last night and a really pretty thick healthy type of girl with big hips and legs comes on and i say, "damn, look at that heifer, very nice", i've always used "heifer" as a nice word for the type of women i like, thick and healthy, the old lady got a little bit annoyed and thought it was an insult. what do you girls think?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: QUESTION FOR YOU LADIES ABOUT A COMMENT I MADE!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 08:22:23 AM »
Was she annoyed because she thought it was an insult or that you were lusting after another woman in her presence and being vocal about it  ???
R

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 08:24:43 AM »
Was she annoyed because she thought it was an insult or that you were lusting after another woman in her presence and being vocal about it  ???
no the "lusting" after other people is very open with us, she does it to guys as well, we're not possessive like that, she just thought it was an insult to women to call them a "heifer".

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 08:28:52 AM »
no the "lusting" after other people is very open with us, she does it to guys as well, we're not possessive like that, she just thought it was an insult to women to call them a "heifer".
Is your girl aware you've always used heifer as a "nice" term?  If so, I don't know why she took it badly.

I used to know a guy who loved they way super-skinny girls looked.  He'd walk around the bar eyeing them and kind of sing-songing "Anorexia, anorexia..."  But they didn't realize he was complimenting them lol
R

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:33:56 AM »
Is your girl aware you've always used heifer as a "nice" term?  If so, I don't know why she took it badly.

I used to know a guy who loved they way super-skinny girls looked.  He'd walk around the bar eyeing them and kind of sing-songing "Anorexia, anorexia..."  But they didn't realize he was complimenting them lol
yeah i told her that it's always been a complimentary term with me, i've always loved the thick curvy girls.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 08:43:32 AM »
"heifer" means cow to everyone i know

lol def not a compliment

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA ;D ; ;D ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 12:19:10 PM »
yeah i told her that it's always been a complimentary term with me, i've always loved the thick curvy girls.
No sex for a month now. Hope you have a mistress SF :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:39:55 PM »
Definition of heifer 

Main Entry: heif·er 
Pronunciation: he-fer
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English hayfare, from Old English hēahfore
Date: before 12th century
: a young cow; especially : one that has not had a calf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can tell you this Squad, no woman is going to believe you were using that term in a positive way.
:D Weee

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 01:18:07 PM »
Definition of heifer 

Main Entry: heif·er 
Pronunciation: he-fer
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English hayfare, from Old English hēahfore
Date: before 12th century
: a young cow; especially : one that has not had a calf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can tell you this Squad, no woman is going to believe you were using that term in a positive way.
you know what's funny is that i actually learned that term as it pertains to women from a black guy i went to high school with and i soon found out that a lot of black dudes use that term to desribe women and they always used it to describe women that they were attracted to so i always thought of it as a nice term.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:29:22 PM »
you know what's funny is that i actually learned that term as it pertains to women from a black guy i went to high school with and i soon found out that a lot of black dudes use that term to desribe women and they always used it to describe women that they were attracted to so i always thought of it as a nice term.
I think a lot of black guys prefer thicker women.  They are not attracted as much to skinny women.  You know the old "more cushion for the pushin" comment.  lol
:D Weee

AllisonEthier

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 01:40:01 PM »
ok i'm wathcing American Idol with my girlfriend last night and a really pretty thick healthy type of girl with big hips and legs comes on and i say, "damn, look at that heifer, very nice", i've always used "heifer" as a nice word for the type of women i like, thick and healthy, the old lady got a little bit annoyed and thought it was an insult. what do you girls think?

I would not have listened to what you would have said, as I would be watching the show.
Like men, I cannot focus on 2 things at the same time....
A.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 03:24:27 PM »

Heifer is definitely an insult, just another term for fat.  And referring to your SO as "the old lady" is extremely condescending and disrespectful.
:

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 04:11:56 PM »
"heifer" means cow to everyone i know

lol def not a compliment

agreed

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 04:14:31 PM »

Heifer is definitely an insult, just another term for fat.  And referring to your SO as "the old lady" is extremely condescending and disrespectful.

Who's surprised about that?

You should call this the "Dog the Bounty Hunter" defense.  He didn't know the term guy was offensive either.  Give me a break!
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Just Bad Bad Blood!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
I would not have listened to what you would have said, as I would be watching the show.
A.
you sound like my kind of girl. :D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 12:09:30 AM »

ditto!  >:(

ps: It also doesn't matter one iota how we feel about it. bringing our feelings into it just makes it worse.
It's how your girlfriend feels about it that counts, and she's made that pretty clear.
If you go back to her and say, "Well I asked so & so, and they don't care..." you'll only dig yourself in deeper.
If you go back to her and say, "Well I asked so & so, and they thought it was an insult too, ...so I'm sorry",
...AGAIN, you're digging yourself in deeper doodoo than before. She will now be pissed off that you refused to simply accept that you offended her by referring to women as "cows", and are only willing to respect her feelings after having them validated by others. You're already in the doodoo, just simply tell her you're sorry, and that you won't do it again.
w

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »

And referring to your SO as "the old lady" is extremely condescending and disrespectful.

I missed that!  When I hear a guy refer to his s/o as "the old lady" I always ask "How old is she?"    loloz

Squadfather, how old is she ??? :)
R

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 04:57:53 PM »
I missed that!  When I hear a guy refer to his s/o as "the old lady" I always ask "How old is she?"    loloz

Squadfather, how old is she ??? :)
34 in March, she's ancient. ;D

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 06:09:38 PM »
Since you're talking animals, does your old lady refer to her old man as her big stallion?  Cause it is the girl board, so we need to know all the details.    :)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 06:53:16 PM »
A.

;D

:)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 07:40:03 AM »
Since you're talking animals, does your old lady refer to her old man as her big stallion?  Cause it is the girl board, so we need to know all the details.    :)

no...not a stallion but close....She probably calls him Jack Ass...hahahaha

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 09:12:30 AM »

absolutely yes. :D