Author Topic: Republican Scorecard  (Read 2298 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Republican Scorecard
« on: January 17, 2008, 11:10:29 AM »
Pretty fluid race at this point.  Still a long way to go, but here is the delegate count so far (1191 needed):

Romney - 54
Huck - 22
McCain - 15
Thompson - 6
Paul - 2
Rudy - 1
Hunter - 1

I am most surprised by Rudy.  He didn't campaign in Iowa or New Hampshire and is putting all of his eggs in Florida.  Very risky strategy. 

I am least surprised by Ron Paul's numbers.  He has been way back in the pack in every primary/caucus so far, fairly consistent with his poll numbers. 

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#R

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Republican Scorecard
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 12:10:25 PM »
Pretty fluid race at this point.  Still a long way to go, but here is the delegate count so far (1191 needed):

Romney - 54
Huck - 22
McCain - 15
Thompson - 6
Paul - 2
Rudy - 1
Hunter - 1

I am most surprised by Rudy.  He didn't campaign in Iowa or New Hampshire and is putting all of his eggs in Florida.  Very risky strategy. 

I am least surprised by Ron Paul's numbers.  He has been way back in the pack in every primary/caucus so far, fairly consistent with his poll numbers. 

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#R
With Paul, I think there is a valid reason why his results don't match his following.  Because we see to whole of his following, Republicans and Dems and with so many lefties supporting him this isn't going to translate into votes for him in a republican primary unless they flipped parties to vote for Paul, something I won't even do and something many probably missed deadlines to do.  I'm thinking his showing in vote numbers will be much higher if he goes independent or had gone independent.  Certainly, he gets number one for having the most vocal following, not that it counts for jack.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 12:33:29 PM »
With Paul, I think there is a valid reason why his results don't match his following.  Because we see to whole of his following, Republicans and Dems and with so many lefties supporting him this isn't going to translate into votes for him in a republican primary unless they flipped parties to vote for Paul, something I won't even do and something many probably missed deadlines to do.  I'm thinking his showing in vote numbers will be much higher if he goes independent or had gone independent.  Certainly, he gets number one for having the most vocal following, not that it counts for jack.

He does have a vocal following.  They were at the South Carolina debate, where he had a pretty bad performance.  They (his followers) applauded pretty much everything he said.

He has a couple of very embarrassing moments.  One was when he was told a large part of his following are "911 truthers" and asked whether he disavowed them and whether those people should stop their claims that the government planned 911.  He tried to change the subject, but they forced him to answer.  He said he does not believe the 911 conspiracy and said if his supporters cared about him they would stop making those allegations.  No one else got those questions. 

Here is a clip: 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 01:06:59 PM »
He does have a vocal following.  They were at the South Carolina debate, where he had a pretty bad performance.  They (his followers) applauded pretty much everything he said.

He has a couple of very embarrassing moments.  One was when he was told a large part of his following are "911 truthers" and asked whether he disavowed them and whether those people should stop their claims that the government planned 911.  He tried to change the subject, but they forced him to answer.  He said he does not believe the 911 conspiracy and said if his supporters cared about him they would stop making those allegations.  No one else got those questions. 

Here is a clip: 

you sure can tell that opinions on who does good or bad in a debate depends on how you feel about the person.  I didn't see anything wrong with how he handled it at all.  He was applauded when he asked if he can get on with the debate after a quite clear answer.  For him to be asked to tell his followers what to believe and not to believe is absolutely absurd.  The question was sabotage.  He has the thruther following because he supported a new investigation on 9/11... not big deal

Zogby Poll: Over 70 Million American Adults Support New 9/11 Investigation
The poll is the first scientific survey of Americans' belief in a 9/11 cover up or the need to
investigate possible US government complicity, and was commissioned to inform deliberations at
the June 2~4 "9/11: Revealing the Truth, Reclaiming Our Future" conference in Chicago. Poll
results indicate 42% believe there has indeed been a cover up (with 10% unsure) and 45% think
"Congress or an International Tribunal should re-investigate the attacks, including whether any
US government officials consciously allowed or helped facilitate their success" (with 8% unsure).
http://pdfserver.prweb.com/pdfdownload/388743/pr.pdf

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »
Oh and that says it all... want to know why that question was asked?  Say no more... FOX NEWS DEBATE!  No secret they hate this guy.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 01:11:35 PM »
plus, lol did you read the replies under the youtube video ;D 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 01:19:35 PM »
you sure can tell that opinions on who does good or bad in a debate depends on how you feel about the person.  I didn't see anything wrong with how he handled it at all.  He was applauded when he asked if he can get on with the debate after a quite clear answer.  For him to be asked to tell his followers what to believe and not to believe is absolutely absurd.  The question was sabotage.  He has the thruther following because he supported a new investigation on 9/11... not big deal

Zogby Poll: Over 70 Million American Adults Support New 9/11 Investigation
The poll is the first scientific survey of Americans' belief in a 9/11 cover up or the need to
investigate possible US government complicity, and was commissioned to inform deliberations at
the June 2~4 "9/11: Revealing the Truth, Reclaiming Our Future" conference in Chicago. Poll
results indicate 42% believe there has indeed been a cover up (with 10% unsure) and 45% think
"Congress or an International Tribunal should re-investigate the attacks, including whether any
US government officials consciously allowed or helped facilitate their success" (with 8% unsure).
http://pdfserver.prweb.com/pdfdownload/388743/pr.pdf

I can't speak for anyone else, but I took an objective look at all of the candidates during that debate.  I didn't think too highly of McCain or Thompson before the debate, but I thought they performed better than all the other candidates.  I'm ambivalent about Paul and I thought he was probably the worst guy on the stage at that debate.  For what it’s worth, Luntz had a focus group that was interviewed after the debate and they nearly unanimously thought Thompson won and Paul was the worst. 

The fact Paul was asked that question was pretty embarrassing IMO.  No credible candidate can embrace that theory. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 01:21:57 PM »
Luntz had a focus group that was interviewed after the debate and they nearly unanimously thought Thompson won and Paul was the worst. 

How does a focus group put together by the same network that excluded him from a previous debate have credibility?
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 01:23:35 PM »
I can't speak for anyone else, but I took an objective look at all of the candidates during that debate.  I didn't think too highly of McCain or Thompson before the debate, but I thought they performed better than all the other candidates.  I'm ambivalent about Paul and I thought he was probably the worst guy on the stage at that debate.  For what it’s worth, Luntz had a focus group that was interviewed after the debate and they nearly unanimously thought Thompson won and Paul was the worst. 

The fact Paul was asked that question was pretty embarrassing IMO.  No credible candidate can embrace that theory. 

Did he embrace the theory?  I thought he called for a new investigation.  and the fact that he was asked that question is pure Fox News, nothing more.

LOL

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18661344

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »
No credible candidate can embrace that theory. 

Explain the stock options put on American and United for 9/11/01

We don't know cause we spent more money on the Monica Lawinsky investigation than the biggest attack on civilians in our nations history.

Lets hope for the sake of our country that a majority of Americans aren't as naive as you.
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »
The Ron Paul Knockout in South Carolina

Gambling 911 | January 11, 2008

While the media and Fox News "focus group" didn't think too highly of Republican US Presidential candidate Ron Paul, the response by the audience during Fox's South Carolina debate suggested otherwise. He received more applause than any other candidate bar none....not to mention zero boos.

http://www.jonesreport.com/article/01_08/110108_rp_scarolina.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 01:33:26 PM »
How does a focus group put together by the same network that excluded him from a previous debate have credibility?

Oh brother. . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »

Not in 2008.  In 2009, you'll see people a lot more open to it.  A few more years, it'll be commonly talked about.  

I dont know if you know this, but almost every major candidate has been asked about the 911 inside job at one point or another.  Some ignore it.  Some get angry.  Some admit there are unanswered Qs and say they wouldn't oppose looking into it more, as Obama said last year.

The fact of the matter is, those 70 million Americans that want a new investigation have looked at the events and facts of the day, and decided it stinks, and they want another investigation.

As have half of the 911 commissioners.  One called it a whitewash.  Half have said there needs to be a new investigation.  One was outraged that 2 of the hijackers lived with an FBI informant and may have trained on a us base, and the fact that the white house itself halted the investigation into this fact.

Over the next 5 years, the number will continue to grow.  Anyone who believes the official story at this point is even at odds with the commissioners themselves - they're trying to sell a recalled car.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 01:43:45 PM »
Did he embrace the theory?  I thought he called for a new investigation.  and the fact that he was asked that question is pure Fox News, nothing more.

LOL

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18661344

That's really absurd (the text results).  I like the man's position on many issues, but there is no way he won the South Carolina debate.  Not even close.  At one point, a large part of the audience was laughing at him because he went off on a tangent when asked a specific question and Hume basically said "what in the world are you talking about?"  I actually felt sorry for him.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 01:50:53 PM »
Ron Paul is losing steam because the independents who like him are choosing to vote dem and put Obama on the ticket.

Rudy is losing steam because people aren't buying the fear card anymore.  Is polls show 70 million people want a new 911 investigation, then that means 70 million people see Rudy invoking 911 like scripture and realize 1) I'm not scared, and 2) He's using that lie to force me to vote for him.

I'd sooner elect a snake like Hilary than the man who admitted on CNN that his walkie warned him the towers were falling when no one else knew - then later denied he said it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 01:51:31 PM »
Oh brother. . . .
It's a fair question, Fox has made zero attempt to hide their hate of Ron Paul.  especially when you point out no other candidate was asked that kind of harsh question.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 01:59:43 PM »

We don't know cause we spent more money on the Monica Lawinsky investigation than the biggest attack on civilians in our nations history.

Lets hope for the sake of our country that a majority of Americans aren't as naive as you.
The official debunking is that they were not high put options... I kid you not, on the most popular debunking site for 9/11, they say they were not high.

Here's what they looked like:

Now if a certain someone has info to the contrary, I would actually like to see it so I know.  No need to be an asswipe bitch about it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 02:13:36 PM »
not only that - but -

the shell company that bought the stock NEVER COLLECTED.

And the Feds/SEC NEVER INVESTIGATED!

Official reason?  "It wasn't al-Quida and didn't warrant investigation".
Same with the molten steel.  "Al-Q didn't have anything to do with the steel, so we didnt look into it".

Remember the purpose of the 911 commission wasn't to find out what happened.  The purpose - according to the commissioners themselves - was to justify the blame for Al-Q, not to answer questions or explain the attacks.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »
Remember the purpose of the 911 commission wasn't to find out what happened.  The purpose - according to the commissioners themselves - was to justify the blame for Al-Q, not to answer questions or explain the attacks.

hahaha, this is insane.

did you watch the japanese parliament discussion?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 02:49:24 PM »
It's a fair question, Fox has made zero attempt to hide their hate of Ron Paul.  especially when you point out no other candidate was asked that kind of harsh question.

The question implies that Luntz screened people in the focus group to select people who didn't like Ron Paul and favored Thompson. 

I didn't agree entirely with the focus group (I thought McCain was better than Thompson), but they were right about Paul.  He did not perform well.

What makes you say Fox hates Ron Paul?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 02:51:06 PM »

Did you watch the clip?  Ron Paul is as naive as me.  He doesn't believe in that nonsense either. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 06:09:52 PM »
Did you watch the clip?  Ron Paul is as naive as me.  He doesn't believe in that nonsense either. 

RP is smart enough to know he'll be labeled by FOX for idiot sheep like yourself.

He went on record a year ago, saying he believed Bush wold instigate a Gulf of Tonken event to justify war with Iran.  He also said he'd support an independent investigation of 911 and agreed with many of the points about the buildings falling like a controlled demo.

I posted this here, BB.  I guess you were too busy reading about the Waltons that week to notice it.  RP made big news with it - the Politico picked it up and I believe Hardball even talked about it briefly.

To summarize - you are ignorant of the facts in this case.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 06:21:30 PM »
RP is smart enough to know he'll be labeled by FOX for idiot sheep like yourself.

He went on record a year ago, saying he believed Bush wold instigate a Gulf of Tonken event to justify war with Iran.  He also said he'd support an independent investigation of 911 and agreed with many of the points about the buildings falling like a controlled demo.

I posted this here, BB.  I guess you were too busy reading about the Waltons that week to notice it.  RP made big news with it - the Politico picked it up and I believe Hardball even talked about it briefly.

To summarize - you are ignorant of the facts in this case.

::)  Ron Paul is smart enough to disavow a dumb theory that would have him labeled an immediate non factor in the presidential race. 

Will you be voting in a mock election again this year? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 06:26:02 PM »
::)  Ron Paul is smart enough to disavow a dumb theory that would have him labeled an immediate non factor in the presidential race. 

Obama said he would be open to a second investigation and said there were valid questions about it.

Is Obama a non-factor?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »
a dumb theory

While it saddens me that some people still believe an official story that its writers dont even believe anymore...

I'm happy to see that the majority of Americans no longer swallow the lie as you do.

Think about it - you believe something the 911 commissioners don't even believe anymore.  This is akin to your girlfriend confessing to fvcking the mailman, and you keep saying "No honey, you were at church, remember?" even as she dangles the condom in your face.

You're in denial, dog.