Author Topic: A reminder on exposing yourself on MySpace....  (Read 26709 times)

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: A reminder on exposing yourself on MySpace....
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 02:33:33 PM »
This is exactly why I will never work for anyone for the rest of my life.

Potential employer: "So Matt, we were looking at your myspace and..."
Matt C: "Go fuck yourself." *leaves*

I just can't tolerate anyone giving me orders or telling me what to do or feeling that they are in any way control of me or my decisions in life.  I have so many miserable experiences from the army that even years later I still feel this way.

How do you say this then speak in a different way about the taxes you pay?

Jason

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 02:38:48 PM »
How do you say this then speak in a different way about the taxes you pay?

Jason

Because there is a big difference between a gouvernment law (which is almost a ideological thing) and something that exerts great influence (like a boss) on your daily life and schedule. Since the difference = this big, you can not claim that he's gotta maintain consistency by talking about the taxes.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 02:39:19 PM »
You should do a background check and see if any of them have accounts on Getbig, that should be grounds for immediate hiring and a $20,000 signing bonus!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »
Because there is a big difference between a gouvernment law (which is almost a ideological thing) and something that exerts great influence (like a boss) on your daily life and schedule. Since the difference = this big, you can not claim that he's gotta maintain consistency by talking about the taxes.

I wasnt claiming he had to do that, more asking if he wa stalking along the sam elines.  thanks for clearing that up for him though. ;D

Jason

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 02:47:12 PM »
This might be a stupid question, but since I'm not a "myspace" person, I'll ask it anyway:

Don't most people on myspace use "handles" rather than real names?  If so, how do you do a myspace search based on a job resume?
Ron: "I am lazy."

fsu_pain_train

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 02:47:49 PM »
So what do peoples personal lives have to do with their job qualifications?  I question the legality of your practices, dooshbag.
Team "You Won't Recover"

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 02:49:20 PM »
This might be a stupid question, but since I'm not a "myspace" person, I'll ask it anyway:

Don't most people on myspace use "handles" rather than real names?  If so, how do you do a myspace search based on a job resume?

If you consider that over 90% people are simply dumb you know most of them use there real name so the bitches ::) in their hometown can find them
but seriously most people are pretty dumb, I'm 33 now and the amount of dumb people I have meet in my short life is staggering.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 02:50:25 PM »
So what do peoples personal lives have to do with their job qualifications?  I question the legality of your practices, dooshbag.

Youre an idiot.  Kill yourself.

Jason

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 02:50:29 PM »
I wasnt claiming he had to do that, more asking if he wa stalking along the sam elines.  thanks for clearing that up for him though. ;D

Jason

:)

Heard you on the SpecialSperm show. You competing in powerlifting and being optimistic (which Debussey presumes, based on your online and radio persona) after nearly losing your arm and shit = remarkable.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 02:51:27 PM »

Plenty do post their real name besides their handle, and no, I'm not joking.

I had a page, but I deleted it because someone actually got ahold of my cell number and texted me.. No idea how though. It fucking freaked me the hell out, as I didn't even use my real name.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 02:54:06 PM »
Dude Myspace is not GetBig, why wouldn't you use your real name?? Unless you are ashamed of yourself or something, most people go on there to talk with friends, meet new people, promote themselves in some way or other...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 02:55:24 PM »
If you consider that over 90% people are simply dumb you know most of them use there real name

I never would have guessed that.  People really are stupid...  anonymity is essential on any kind of "social" site, unless you want every word you've ever uttered to be used against you. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 02:56:56 PM »
Plenty do post their real name besides their handle, and no, I'm not joking.

I had a page, but I deleted it because someone actually got ahold of my cell number and texted me.. No idea how though. It fucking freaked me the hell out, as I didn't even use my real name.

I use my name... No big deal... I don't have anything sensitive up there anyway.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »
I use my name... No big deal... I don't have anything sensitive up there anyway.

Your name = TU? ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 02:59:07 PM »
Dude Myspace is not GetBig, why wouldn't you use your real name?? Unless you are ashamed of yourself or something, most people go on there to talk with friends, meet new people, promote themselves in some way or other...

There are lots ot things that people do that they aren't necesarily "ashamed" of, but that could hurt them with a potential employer or the like.  Myspace is about as public as it gets, yet people often let their hair down like they would only among close friends.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »
Your name = TU? ;D

Yep... It is... Well, it's a "nickname".

It's not my full legal name of course, but it is what I go by out in the real world.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2008, 03:00:37 PM »

It's also full of mad people that dig up your personal cell number and text you..

And why would anyone expose themselves like that? The whole things a joke and I created a page to troll, but never got around to it. I kinda forgot about it, and then someone sent me a text message asking me if I wanted to chat, and then I deleted my account. Fucking crazy.

Has anyone ever got ahold of your cell number? Some supposed chick wanted to chat with me and that alone made me delete my account.. Probably some sick fuck pretending.

My page was pretty honest, despite it being created for trolling.. I did use my real picture and everything, but not my real name.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 03:01:06 PM »
I never would have guessed that.  People really are stupid...  anonymity is essential on any kind of "social" site, unless you want every word you've ever uttered to be used against you. 

Why would you want to be anonomous on a site thats all about communicating with friends and meeting new people, and depending on your profession it can actually benefit you financially and in other ways too ;)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »
Yep... It is... Well, it's a "nickname".

It's not my full legal name of course, but it is what I go by out in the real world.

Where Debussey lives (in Debusseys parents basement), "TU" would give anybody a deadly laughter cramp ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2008, 03:04:00 PM »
Why would you want to be anonomous on a site thats all about communicating with friends and meeting new people, and depending on your profession it can actually benefit you financially and in other ways too ;)

Because anybody can access it.   Do you act differently in different situations?  Most people do.  The way you would act with family, with close friends, out at a nightclub, in a job interview, at work, in the gym, at church, or in front of law enforcement might all be completely different, yet anyone from ANY of those venues can access your myspace.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 03:07:02 PM »

umm.. Myspace is full of mostly stupid young people(wiggers, idiots etc.) Nobody I know irl who's actually half way intelligent ever mentions their myspace page.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 03:08:27 PM »
Because anybody can access it.   Do you act differently in different situations?  Most people do.  The way you would act with family, with close friends, out at a nightclub, in a job interview, at work, or at church might all be completely different, yet anyone from ANY of those venues can access your myspace.

Thats the point, I'm not affraid of the person that I am, I act accordingly to the atmosphere that I'm in, I'm a bartender, so for me I can promote myself and the bar that I work in, the more people that visit my site the better.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2008, 03:11:43 PM »
Thats the point, I'm not affraid of the person that I am, I act accordingly to the atmosphere that I'm in, I'm a bartender, so for me I can promote myself and the bar that I work in, the more people that visit my site the better.

You must be young.  Most people, once they get out into the real world and understand how it works, outgrow the "take me as I am" attitude real quick once they understand it will get them nowhere in life. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2008, 03:12:48 PM »

Lets say some employer digs up your myspace page and doesn't like your religious and political views, or the people you choose as friends.. You're screwed.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »

You must be young.  Most people, once they get out into the real world and understand how it works, outgrow the "take me as I am" attitude real quick once they understand it will get them nowhere in life. 

So you are saying that Vince Basiles lust for women is FALSE?