Author Topic: A reminder on exposing yourself on MySpace....  (Read 26707 times)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
Re: A reminder on exposing yourself on MySpace....
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 03:17:52 PM »

You must be young.  Most people, once they get out into the real world and understand how it works, outgrow the "take me as I am" attitude real quick once they understand it will get them nowhere in life. 

Lol...I'm 26 years old, a college graduate with a marketing degree, my goal since highschool is to open my own bar, been working as a bartender for almost 4 years and my attitude has made me who I am today, I live life to the fullest and I don't judge people, I just don't understand people who are ashamed of who they are, or try to make up some alter-identity on the internet.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 03:20:28 PM »
Lol...I'm 26 years old, a college graduate with a marketing degree, my goal since highschool is to open my own bar, been working as a bartender for almost 4 years and my attitude has made me who I am today, I live life to the fullest and I don't judge people, I just don't understand people who are ashamed of who they are, or try to make up some alter-identity on the internet.

You haven't found a job in marketing? Nothing wrong with bartending btw..

All I'm saying is that being yourself sometimes can cause others to deny you. I have this problem with temperment and opinions, so I always make sure to supress them irl because I know they can cost me.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2008, 03:21:30 PM »
Lol...I'm 26 years old, a college graduate with a marketing degree, my goal since highschool is to open my own bar, been working as a bartender for almost 4 years

Like I said...  you're young.

And nothing you can do or say online will adversely affect you getting a job as a bartender. 

A lot of people play for much higher stakes than that.
Ron: "I am lazy."

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 03:22:01 PM »
I have this problem with temperment

Just go and kill a few homeless people like Patric Bateman.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2008, 03:24:16 PM »

Like I said...  you're young.

And nothing you can do or say online will adversely affect you getting a job as a bartender. 

A lot of people play for much higher stakes than that.

If most people went the "take me as I am" route IRL, they'd screw up their careers quicker than light. Most people are somewhat to severely fucked up, and not supressing these sides of themselves leads to shit.

But a few people are so well balanced that the "take me as I am" route can work, but this = a small minority.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »
You haven't found a job in marketing? Nothing wrong with bartending btw..

All I'm saying is that being yourself sometimes can cause others to deny you. I have this problem with temperment and opinions, so I always make sure to supress them irl because I know they can cost me.

Never had interest in the corporate world, being a bar owner is what I wanted to do since highschool, going to college was something that was a great experience for me, I learned alot, but the degree is just something to fall back on, it's always good to have a back up plan. However, I gotta say that doing what you love should come before $$, all my friends that I went to college with, that are working in the corporate world hate it, and I make more $$ then them, work half as much as them, and the fringe benefits are great too ;)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2008, 03:26:27 PM »
Never had interest in the corporate world, being a bar owner is what I wanted to do since highschool, going to college was something that was a great experience for me, I learned alot, but the degree is just something to fall back on, it's always good to have a back up plan. However, I gotta say that doing what you love should come before $$, all my friends that I went to college with, that are working in the corporate world hate it, and I make more $$ then them, work half as much as them, and the fringe benefits are great too ;)

Seriously, you = very very clever.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »
Seriously, you = very very clever.

Lol...thanks bro!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »
Lol...thanks bro!

:) Thinking for yourself = always the best way.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »

Just go and kill a few homeless people like Patric Bateman.

Nope, can't risk it. Not that I wouldn't mind though.  ;D I did grab a homeless lady by the throat once and that was about it. NYC is teeming with cops..

And I'd get more pleasure from torture than death.

Never had interest in the corporate world, being a bar owner is what I wanted to do since highschool, going to college was something that was a great experience for me, I learned alot, but the degree is just something to fall back on, it's always good to have a back up plan. However, I gotta say that doing what you love should come before $$, all my friends that I went to college with, that are working in the corporate world hate it, and I make more $$ then them, work half as much as them, and the fringe benefits are great too

Well, good for you. For a lot of people being simply themselves is sufficient for sucess. But as Debussey pointed out, some people are just a little different, and people don't always respect that. You being a barman must mean you have excellent social skills, which of course probably allows you to be just be yourself.

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2008, 03:35:57 PM »
I've got 2 engineers openings right now and going throught resumes. One of the first thing my HR girl does is check them out on myspace.

So far, we rejected about 12 candidates because of what we saw.

see, this is why you should never use the same email for work and myspace..... or leave out your last name, so people can't find you...

works well for screening potential roommates too....

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2008, 03:38:54 PM »

see, this is why you should never use the same email for work and myspace.....

That's how they're doing it....  email search.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2008, 03:40:44 PM »
But as Debussey pointed out, some people are just a little different, and people don't always respect that.

Its often the "just a little bit different" people that ends up as successful entrepreneurs and business owners. No matter what, it always pays off doing what you really love (and are somewhat good at doing) no matter what the majority says. The majority = average people anyway, giving advices on how to remain average.  8)

Killing a homeless person should be safe if you use a good method of killing and have a plan ???

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »
Killing a homeless person should be safe if you use a good method of killing and have a plan ???

Yes.  If you have no connection to the homeless person and leave no evidence behind it would not be hard to get away with it.  The question is, why bother?  The risk/reward ratio isn't really there.  If a person hasn't done anything to piss you off, what pleaseure would you derive in killing them?

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2008, 03:48:12 PM »

Yes.  If you have no connection to the homeless person and leave no evidence behind it would not be hard to get away with it.  The question is, why bother?  The risk/reward ration isn't really there.  If a person hasn't done anything to piss me off, what pleaseure would I derive in killing them?

If you = a psycho, getting an emotional high from killing, the risk/reward ratio can be good if you do your planning properly before killing a homeless person.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2008, 03:49:45 PM »

But they often shift around, so it'd be difficult to plan on an exact spot. And most importantly, I'd want some level of credit for the deed, just as Jack the Ripper.

I'm not Ted Bundy or anything, but I could plan on killing someone and get away with it. It's just that I don't have that sense of purpose and daring, because that feeling often comes and goes in spurts. I can hurt someone if they really provoke me though, but so can most normal people.

I've been in situations where I've drawn, but they were defused by the opposing party. That brought me some mild euphoria.

I could just offer some homeless bum drink that's been poisoned and get away with it.. But that wouldn't bring about any sense of accomplishment or anything.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2008, 03:49:58 PM »
I've got 2 engineers openings right now and going throught resumes. One of the first thing my HR girl does is check them out on myspace.

So far, we rejected about 12 candidates because of what we saw.

what did she see that was so bad? sexually deviant behaviour?
tank u jesus

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »

Well, killing strangers really wouldn't do much for me.  And killing people I know would entail too much risk.  However, if it's your thing, go for it; let us know how you make out!   ::)

If it were Debusseys thing, writing about it online here would be the most stupid thing debussey could do.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2008, 03:55:23 PM »
But they often shift around, so it'd be difficult to plan on an exact spot. And most importantly, I'd want some level of credit for the deed, just as Jack the Ripper.

I'm not Ted Bundy or anything, but I could plan on killing someone and get away with it. It's just that I don't have that sense of purpose and daring, because that feeling often comes and goes in spurts. I can hurt someone if they really provoke me though, but so can most normal people.

I've been in situations where I've drawn, but they were defused by the opposing party. That brought me some mild euphoria.

I could just offer some homeless bum drink that's been poisoned and get away with it.. But that wouldn't bring about any sense of accomplishment or anything.

You can do this: throw gasoline on them, and ignite the stuff. That would give you a signature, and you could burn up the evidence (gasoline bottle of plastic) at the same time.  :)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2008, 03:57:50 PM »
If it were Debusseys thing, writing about it online here would be the most stupid thing debussey could do.

But writing about it is interesting.

I think psychos act out of a feeling of triumph instead of anger.

You can do this: throw gasoline on them, and ignite the stuff. That would give you a signature, and you could burn up the evidence (gasoline bottle of plastic) at the same time. 

hahaha I don't want to flush my life down the toilet.  ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2008, 03:58:33 PM »
Where Debussey lives (in Debusseys parents basement), "TU" would give anybody a deadly laughter cramp ;D

I do understand... I've grown to accept and love t3h name.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2008, 04:00:19 PM »
But writing about it is interesting.

I think psychos act out of a feeling of triumph instead of anger.

hahaha I don't want to flush my life down the toilet.  ;D

You don't flush it down the toilet if you burn up the evidence and make sure nobody can identify you ;D

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »

Not necessarily...  the fact that it is stupid is the exact reason no one would ever take you seriously.  The very fact that you are talking about it makes one assume you're less likely to be an actual serial killer, not more likely.

So...where does Debussey live?  We need to check the jurisdiction for unsolved homicides involving the homeless.  ;D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »
Not necessarily...  the fact that it is stupid is the exact reason no one would ever take you seriously.  The very fact that you are talking about it makes one assume you're less likely to be an actual serial killer, not more likely.

So...where does Debussy live?  We need to check the jurisdiction for unsolved homicides involving the homeless.  ;D

You = wrong. Even if it seems stupid, it still draws attention which can lead to an investigation.

Debussey = lives in teh alien spaceship (but will soon take a trip to Sidney to "visit" Vince Basile)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2008, 04:04:23 PM »
You don't flush it down the toilet if you burn up the evidence and make sure nobody can identify you ;D

The odds of a Bateman like serial killer = Just highly improbable.

He is too careless and gets away by chance and luck, which don't always work in people's favor. And being that methodical while managing other things in life would take a person of very high intelligence and great cunning.

Duh.. This is the information age.. Word spreads like wildfire.