Author Topic: Decker is a Hypocrite !  (Read 4987 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Decker is a Hypocrite !
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »
whats your point. were talkin  pre invasion
This is painful and frustrating.

You don't know the basic facts re the Iraq war and you've lived through the experience.

Nov. 18, 2002 UN weapons inspectors return to Iraq, for the first time in almost four years.

Mar. 20, 2003 The war against Iraq begins 5:30 AM Baghdad time
 http://www.infoplease.com/spot/iraqtimeline2.html#header_2002

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 10:47:57 AM »
Thank you for making my argument for me and then dismantling it.

That is called a straw argument.

I don't support the troops in Iraq b/c I don't support the mission.

From that you mistakenly conclude that I wish harm on the troops.

That's bush league on your part.

For the record, there is no good news coming from Iraq.  The dead are still dead.

it is bush league, but its the truth.

i used to be a relief pitcher. i would sit there and say, i hope this guy fucks up so i get into the game.
if a guy is on the mound and dominating, how does that help me? if he does bad, i get in and get a bigger pay check.

same thing. you want out, so why would you want us to do good in iraq? that doesnt fit into your agenda.

so why do you wsnt out of iraq? is it for the soldiers?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:32 AM »
This is painful and frustrating.

You don't know the basic facts re the Iraq war and you've lived through the experience.

Nov. 18, 2002 UN weapons inspectors return to Iraq, for the first time in almost four years.

Mar. 20, 2003 The war against Iraq begins 5:30 AM Baghdad time
 http://www.infoplease.com/spot/iraqtimeline2.html#header_2002

ok, this timeline doesnt say shit. its doesnt mention the fact that the inspectors wernt allowed to enter. thats what started this shit.

whatever, i dont have time for this shit,my flights boarding soon

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2008, 10:53:25 AM »
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/8/17/222725.shtml?s=ic

John Edwards says he voted for the War !
:

John Edwards: Wrong Vote on Iraq War

Former Sen. John Edwards said Thursday he made a mistake in 2002 when he voted to authorize President Bush to attack Iraq.

Edwards was the keynote speaker at a rally with Greenwich businessman Ned Lamont, the Democrat who defeated U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman in last week's primary. Edwards said Thursday he also believes the U.S. needs to withdraw its troops from the war-torn country.

"I voted for this war. I was wrong," Edwards, of North Carolina, told a crowd of about 300 people gathered outside the Yale University School of Medicine. "I should not have voted for this war and I take responsibility for that."

Lamont was able to defeat Lieberman by criticizing his support of the war. Many Democrats also believe Lieberman, a well-known centrist, has been too supportive of President Bush and the Republicans.

Lamont defeated Lieberman, an 18-year-incumbent, by 10,000 votes. Lieberman is now running in the general election as an independent.

Now that we see even John Edwards says that he "voted for the War "

Fact :John Edwards himself says he voted for the war

Fact : The troops are their, and in part because of John Edwards vote.

Fact : Decker supports John Edwards

Fact : Decker does not support the troops,  ( that are over their risking their lives in part because of John Edwards vote.)

Fact : Decker is a hypocrite !

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2008, 10:54:39 AM »
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/8/17/222725.shtml?s=ic

John Edwards say's he voted for the War !
:

John Edwards: Wrong Vote on Iraq War

Former Sen. John Edwards said Thursday he made a mistake in 2002 when he voted to authorize President Bush to attack Iraq.

Edwards was the keynote speaker at a rally with Greenwich businessman Ned Lamont, the Democrat who defeated U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman in last week's primary. Edwards said Thursday he also believes the U.S. needs to withdraw its troops from the war-torn country.

"I voted for this war. I was wrong," Edwards, of North Carolina, told a crowd of about 300 people gathered outside the Yale University School of Medicine. "I should not have voted for this war and I take responsibility for that."

Lamont was able to defeat Lieberman by criticizing his support of the war. Many Democrats also believe Lieberman, a well-known centrist, has been too supportive of President Bush and the Republicans.

Lamont defeated Lieberman, an 18-year-incumbent, by 10,000 votes. Lieberman is now running in the general election as an independent.
I guess you got me there.  Here we go again.

Do you understand the political dynamic at work for use of force by the US or do you just cut and paste soundbites?

Congress gives authority to use force under the War Powers Resolution.  It's up to the president to pull the trigger.

Just b/c Edwards makes the facile statement that "he voted for the war" does not change the factual underpinning.

And if you want to get technical Eldon, there is no war b/c Congress never declared war on Iraq.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 10:58:50 AM »
it is bush league, but its the truth.

i used to be a relief pitcher. i would sit there and say, i hope this guy fucks up so i get into the game.
if a guy is on the mound and dominating, how does that help me? if he does bad, i get in and get a bigger pay check.

same thing. you want out, so why would you want us to do good in iraq? that doesnt fit into your agenda.

so why do you wsnt out of iraq? is it for the soldiers?
I want the US out to stop the illegal killings.  The law matters.  Pretending that international law is a joke is nothing but law of the jungle itself.

I have no stake in Iraq.  I'm just tired of seeing Wisconsin men and women dying every week b/c of Bush's lame war crime.  I'm tired of seeing billions wasted to line the pockets of war profiteers.  And I'm tired of the lethargy of the american public who roll over and just accept this murder done in our name with our tax dollars.

That's just the way it is.

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »
Question : Did John Edwards vote for the War in Iraq ?

Answer:  "I voted for this war. I was wrong," John Edwards

Question: was it a vote for a War in Iraq ?

Answer : "I should not have voted for this war and I take responsibility for that." John Edwards

So, in his voting for the War ( John Edward's words ) the troops are sent to Iraq, and are now risking their lives, in part because of John Edwards vote.

Decker is a Hypocrite

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »
Question : Did John Edwards vote for the War in Iraq ?

Answer:  "I voted for this war. I was wrong," John Edwards

Question: was it a vote for a War in Iraq ?

Answer : "I should not have voted for this war and I take responsibility for that."

So, in his voting for the War ( John Edward's words ) the troops are sent to Iraq, and are now risking their lives, in part because of John Edwards vote.

Decker is a Hypocrite

All right son.  I do share some similarities with Edwards:  we are both lawyers, we are both handsome dogs, our wives both have breast cancer and we both believe in populist politics.

If you want to see monolithic support for any candidate, that's your problem. 

B/c even if we accept your argument that Edwards is responsible for Bush's call to invade, I do not support Edwards for that reason.  I support him for the other reasons.

Did Edwards vote enable Bush to use force?  Yes.  Did it mean Iraq would be attacked?  No.  That was Bush's call to make.

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2008, 11:19:15 AM »
Decker,

The troops are over their risking their lives, in part because of John Edwards (and other democrats), and whether you think they were mislead or not, John edwards still voted for the war (his words), and that is the fact.

And the soldiers just can't turn in their hat, and walk home.

So hate Bush all you want, but support the troops !

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2008, 11:40:27 AM »
The troops are over their risking their lives, in part because of John Edwards (and other democrats), and whether you think they were mislead or not, John edwards still voted for the war (his words), and that is the fact.
I have admitted as much.  And Bush did withhold from Congress countervailing evidence of Iraq's compliance with the UN's effort of disarmament.  Funny how we never here about that.  We sure heard of Curveball.  But that's secondary to the Absolute Power of the President as Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces to order an attack or abstain from the exercise of that constitutional power.

And the soldiers just can't turn in their hat, and walk home.
We all have free will.  There were conscientious objectors during WWII and that was a legal war.

Personal responsibility means accountability.  Sometimes that's unpleasant.  Sometimes it's jailable.  We always have a choice in the direction of our lives.

So hate Bush all you want, but support the troops !
I hate Bush for many valid reasons.  But you and I part ways on supporting the troops.  You do and I do not.

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »
We all have free will.  There were conscientious objectors during WWII and that was a legal war.

Personal responsibility means accountability.  Sometimes that's unpleasant.  Sometimes it's jailable.  We always have a choice in the direction of our lives.- Decker

Let me get this straight, so you want every soldier to disobey their orders,  turn in their guns and come home ?

and only then they would have Decker's support  :o

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 12:32:31 PM »
Let me get this straight, so you want every soldier to disobey their orders,  turn in their guns and come home ?

and only then they would have Decker's support  :o

Doing the right thing is not always in one's immediate interest.  The strong ones don't need my help.  They can stand alone.  For the others, it's easier to go along with things as is.  There have been a few that have objected to their service in this conflict.

Ozark

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »
 You really want every soldier to disobey their orders,  turn in their guns and come home   ???   ???

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2008, 12:51:43 PM »
So you want every soldier to disobey their orders,  turn in their guns and come home ?
Yes. 

Did you tell Eldon about my choice of Edwards as a presidential candidate?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 01:05:54 PM »
Forget it.  I got to get back to work.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2008, 01:37:57 PM »
Fact:  We ALL support the troops, like it or not.  By the statement, "supporting the troops", do you mean "supporting the current war in Iraq and Afghanistan"? And really, even if you disagree with the war or have an actual seething hatred of the US Military, you still support it with your TAX DOLLARS.

Here's a question for ya:  To what degree will it take that the US military largely will outright disobey a direct order?  What circumstances have to take place for this event to happen?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »
Fact:  We ALL support the troops, like it or not.  By the statement, "supporting the troops", do you mean "supporting the current war in Iraq and Afghanistan"? And really, even if you disagree with the war or have an actual seething hatred of the US Military, you still support it with your TAX DOLLARS.

Here's a question for ya:  To what degree will it take that the US military largely will outright disobey a direct order?  What circumstances have to take place for this event to happen?
We live in a democratic republic.  I don't like some of the things my tax dollars fund but I can't have things my way.  I am part of a society.

If the gov.'s executive branch is corrupt and misuses the military, then it falls on the individual conscience of each soldier whether to follow orders or not.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2008, 03:06:17 PM »
We live in a democratic republic.  I don't like some of the things my tax dollars fund but I can't have things my way.  I am part of a society.

If the gov.'s executive branch is corrupt and misuses the military, then it falls on the individual conscience of each soldier whether to follow orders or not.

You realize you're advocating anarchy, right? 

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2008, 06:50:26 AM »
You realize you're advocating anarchy, right?

Beach Bum,

On one hand Decker is against this war sooooooo strongly, that he wants every single soldier to disobey orders, turn in their gun, and walk home - Anarchy   :o

and

On the other hand, Decker wants John Edwards (who voted for the war) to become our next President, in part because Edwards reminds Decker of himself.

Decker is a hypocrite !

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2008, 07:31:03 AM »
You really want every soldier to disobey their orders,  turn in their guns and come home   ???   ???

Yep, more like disobey orders and go to jail for a very long time.

Guess all those kids that signed up in 2002-03 hoping for some college money, are evil people, now that they have to go fight..because their countries executive branch called them to duty?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2008, 07:35:57 AM »
Decker, "We all have free will.  There were conscientious objectors during WWII and that was a legal war."

You said we live in a pluralistic society, humanistic, and existentialism have no place in a pluralistic society.

These kids have two options, 1) go to war, do all they can to survive and come home to see their families, 2) don't go and go to prison for many years putting financial strain and burden on their families.

Well that's not a shell shocker.

You can rebel against a cause that society deems unfair, or unfit for the cause but the larger effect is those inocent people that are affected by it....1 being the soldiers.

But if you really want to rebel,  since you believe in humanistics, then quit paying your taxes that support in part the war.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2008, 10:51:38 AM »
Beach Bum,

On one hand Decker is against this war sooooooo strongly, that he wants every single soldier to disobey orders, turn in their gun, and walk home - Anarchy   :o

and

On the other hand, Decker wants John Edwards (who voted for the war) to become our next President, in part because Edwards reminds Decker of himself.

Decker is a hypocrite !

Eldon I don't think he's necessarily a hypocrite for supporting Edwards.  If he wants to support a candidate who has not supported the war in one form or another, he'd probably have to sit this one out.  I don't always agree with all of the positions of the candidates I vote for. 

But his belief that troops should desert is absurd. 

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2008, 08:16:31 PM »
Wrong Beach Bum,

Their are candidates running who were never for this War.

So if Decker is so passionately against this War, that he wants every soldier to commit Anarchy ! ! ! ! !

Then he should at the very least , not support a candidate that voted for the war.

He is a hypocrite.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2008, 09:53:49 PM »
Decker, "We all have free will.  There were conscientious objectors during WWII and that was a legal war."

You said we live in a pluralistic society, humanistic, and existentialism have no place in a pluralistic society.

These kids have two options, 1) go to war, do all they can to survive and come home to see their families, 2) don't go and go to prison for many years putting financial strain and burden on their families.

Well that's not a shell shocker.

You can rebel against a cause that society deems unfair, or unfit for the cause but the larger effect is those inocent people that are affected by it....1 being the soldiers.

But if you really want to rebel,  since you believe in humanistics, then quit paying your taxes that support in part the war.
I like this post if your so against the war and think that every soldier should go awol than quit contributing yourself and stop paying your taxes

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2008, 09:52:35 AM »
Wrong Beach Bum,

Their are candidates running who were never for this War.

So if Decker is so passionately against this War, that he wants every soldier to commit Anarchy ! ! ! ! !

Then he should at the very least , not support a candidate that voted for the war.

He is a hypocrite.

Like who?  I think they have all supported the war in one form or another.  (The legitimate candidates anyway.) 

I somewhat agree with you that if you are passionate about an issue you shouldn't support a candidate who opposes that issue.  But we have to agree to disagree that when all candidates oppose your issue you have to sit out an election or that makes you a hypocrite.  I simply disagree with that rationale.