Author Topic: Gustavo signs with FLEX  (Read 2487 times)

AVBG

Gustavo signs with FLEX
« on: January 18, 2008, 04:05:03 PM »
http://www.flexonline.com/badell_on_board/news/290

BADELL ON BOARD
Written by: Allan Donnelly
January 18, 2007

Weider Publications is proud to announce the signing of another top--level professional, Gustavo Badell. One of the top--ranked bodybuilders in the world, Badell recently cracked the top 10 at the 2007 Olympia for the fourth consecutive year.

“I've been waiting for this time all my life since was an amateur,” the 35-year-old Badell said. “FLEX and Muscle & Fitness are the only magazines I got a chance to read when I started bodybuilding 15 years ago. My idols, my role models, bodybuilders like Lee Haney and Lee Labrada were in FLEX magazine and Muscle and Fitness. The magazine gave me a lot of inspiration in the sport, so this is a dream come true for me.”

The Venezuelan--born Badell announced his presence as one of the world's best by placing third at the 2004 Mr. Olympia. Since then he has placed in the top four at three consecutive Arnold Classic's (2005, 3rd; 2006, 4th; 2006; 4th) and in the top 10 in the last three Olympias (2005, 3rd; 2006, 6th; 2007, 7th).

Next month, on February 16, Badell returns to the Ironman Pro, a contest he won in 2005. For those in the Houston, Texas area this weekend, be sure to stop by One2One Training Center -- owned by IFBB judge Lee Thompson -- to see Badell from noon to 5 p.m. tomorrow. For more info, go to www.one2onetrainingcente r.com.

And check out flexonline.com next week for an in-depth interview with Badell leading up to the Ironman Pro.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Gustavo signs with FLEX
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:06:34 PM »
Why didn't he win the Arnold because of this? Surely all the forces are united behind him now.
!

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:47:23 PM »
Gustavo Badell = Typical Meathead

BAZZERKER

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 09:45:32 AM »
That guy is freaking annoying. Especially when he beat ronnie on that most muscular bonus award at the olympia a few years back . must of been his birthday
I

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
That guy is freaking annoying. Especially when he beat ronnie on that most muscular bonus award at the olympia a few years back . must of been his birthday

True - I failed to see the point in that - if Ronnie wins the O, then how come he also doesn't win the most muscular by default? It never made sense to me. :-\

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 02:23:53 AM »
because he doesnt have to be the most muscular to win
Z

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
because he doesnt have to be the most muscular to win

So what's the point in bodybuilding if all of a sudden you don't have to be muscular?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 12:43:55 PM »
True - I failed to see the point in that - if Ronnie wins the O, then how come he also doesn't win the most muscular by default? It never made sense to me. :-\
mr olympia does not = most muscular man in bodybuilding

combo of muscle size, conditioning, and aesthetics