Author Topic: Obama Calls GOP The "Party Of Ideas"  (Read 967 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Obama Calls GOP The "Party Of Ideas"
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:56:23 PM »
Obama is right. 

January 18, 2008
HIL TO OBAMA: GOP IDEAS ARE BAD
Hillary Clinton just whacked Barack Obama after he had something complimentary to say about Republicans, in this case that they where the party of ideas for about 15 years.

Here’s Obama’s offending comment to the Reno Gazette a couple of days ago: “I think it’s fair to say that the Republicans were the party of ideas for a pretty long chunk of time there over the last 10 to 15 years in the sense that they were challenging conventional wisdom.”

And that’s along with his recent description of Ronald Reagan as a transformative figure.

Perhaps such words sway independents and moderates Obama’s way, but this is a Democratic contest, and Camp Clinton clearly decided these werer less-than-smart comments.

Said Hillary at a Las Vegas print shop just a little bit ago:

“My leading opponent the other day said that he thought the Republicans had better ideas than Democrats the last 10 to 15 years. That’s not the way I remember the last 10 to 15 years.

“I don’t think it’s a better idea to privatize Social Security. I don’t think it’s a better idea to try to eliminate the minimum wage. I don’t think it’s a better idea to undercut health benefits and to give drug companies the right to make billions of dollars by providing prescription drugs to medicare recipients. I don’t think it’s a better idea to shut down the government, to drive us into debt. I think we know what needs to be done in American and I think we’re ready to do it. And I’m ready to lead on day one, to run this government, to manage this economy.”

Her team of Congressional backers are piling on now in a conference call. Barney Frank, emphasizing that many Democrats think Reagan and the GOP did awful things to middle- and working-class Americans over the last couple of decades, said it’s not just a matter of style. “This is not simply stylistic (though) I do think Sen Obama exaggerates style over substance.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2008/01/hil-to-obama-gop-ideas-are-bad.html

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Obama Calls GOP The "Party Of Ideas"
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 04:04:27 AM »
More than ever, I'm thinking both of these parties suck for different reasons.  I'm mostly pissed at the dems for having no balls.  I think any republican can walk into a room with a dem and I'm confident the dem will pee his pants and run out of the room in fear.  And yea, the republicans sure have some  ideas, sure they're psycho and destructive as all hell could imagine, but they're ideas I guess.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 05:50:48 AM »
If Obama was right about the repub party being the party of ideas until 15 years ago...

Does this explain why you voted for Bill Clinton TWICE, Beach Bum?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 10:56:40 AM »
More than ever, I'm thinking both of these parties suck for different reasons.  I'm mostly pissed at the dems for having no balls.  I think any republican can walk into a room with a dem and I'm confident the dem will pee his pants and run out of the room in fear.  And yea, the republicans sure have some  ideas, sure they're psycho and destructive as all hell could imagine, but they're ideas I guess.

I have problems with both parties too, but I think the Democrats are spineless.  They ran a single issue campaign in 06--opposition to the war--then didn't do squat about it after they got the majority.  They really didn't accomplish anything after taking over.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 11:09:28 AM »
I have problems with both parties too, but I think the Democrats are spineless.  They ran a single issue campaign in 06--opposition to the war--then didn't do squat about it after they got the majority.  They really didn't accomplish anything after taking over.

I agree - The Dems are a bunch of spineless pussies.

The Repubs are a bunch of souless, money loving scumbags.

The Dems should force those old, fat, white guys to stand up there and filibuster instead of just caving in everytime they (the Republicans) threaten to fillibuster

And for fucks sake the Dems need to stand up to the President -they caved on warrantless wire taps, they caved on spdending on Iraq, etc...

Fuck it - the Dems should force the Republicans to shut down the government if necessary

Even better - let's just get rid of them all and start over

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 12:30:47 PM »
The Dems and Repubs are simply different sides to the same coin:  Belief in Statism, Expanded government, cowtowing and subserviance to special interest and identity groups, increased taxes, no enforcement of immigration laws, support of Free Trade, big spending(even when there is no money to spend!), pro-War. 

No thanks.

The Republicans of today are not the true conservatives of old.  The Democrats of today are not the "support the working class" party of old.  Both have been systematically hijacked by the Zionist and Christian Evangelical Neoconservatives, or the extreme Liberal Left.  Niether group's agenda benefits Americans at all, with the exception of a very few individuals and groups.

No thanks.

But, I'm not going to wait for answers to come out of Washington.  And fuck the people who do sit around and wait for answers to come out of Washington. 

Look at these stupid, fawning saps: As if Obama were the Second Coming of the Lord and Savior himself. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 12:48:56 PM »
Well I agree with you in part for sure.  I'm disgusted with both parties.  But I will point out that the single issue of Iraq is not correct and mainly pushed into the common belief by pundits.  They did not solely run on Iraq and their mandate by the voters was not solely on Iraq.  It was a fairly equal tie between corruption, the economy and Iraq and they did indeed run on those issues. http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/US/H/00/epolls.0.html

That being said, they have failed on all accounts, with that being said, the republicans are as despicable as ever. 

My conclusion, they are either being bought off by the same people, or they all suck ass.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
reading the thread, it looks like we have a fairly good consensus that they all suck.  This is why I said earlier that a good independent this year would have done better than ever before.  Looks like it won't happen, lucky for these scumbag parties that will keep us trapped.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 02:55:52 PM »

I'm only going to say one thing and may god or whomever the fuck you people worship give me the ability to clean up my language, but what this country needs more than anything is COMMON FUCKING SENSE.

No more Republicans, no more Democrats...gimme the Common Sense Party and let's start making, well, sense.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 04:13:28 PM »
I'm only going to say one thing and may god or whomever the fuck you people worship give me the ability to clean up my language, but what this country needs more than anything is COMMON FUCKING SENSE.

No more Republicans, no more Democrats...gimme the Common Sense Party and let's start making, well, sense.

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 06:42:25 PM »
I don't think they all suck.  I actually think Huck is a good candidate.  Still undecided about McCain (although I generally like him), Romney, and Thompson. 

Not realistic at all to think the two-party system is going away anytime soon. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »
I don't think they all suck.  I actually think Huck is a good candidate.  Still undecided about McCain (although I generally like him), Romney, and Thompson. 

It's not going away anytime soon.  In a time when Americans are more dissatisfied with their political system and are deeply polarized on idealistic issues we still haven't seen any kind of real movement to change.  And politicians are still pandering to unimportant issues such as having hearings on steroid use in sports when we are at war, our education system blows and our health care system ranks low just to name a few things that far more important. 

It's a sad state of affairs.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 08:38:09 PM »

as a whole, both parties suck, yes there are gems to find in each.  and yes it's not realistic to think the two party system is going away anytime soon.  They have it pretty well locked in place.