Author Topic: what program has given you the most MASS?  (Read 8527 times)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Re: what program has given you the most MASS?
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 09:56:33 AM »
hey davie what all do you do for dc are you following it to a t?  using almost a rep pause set? only one exercise per part 15 breath rests..? just out of curiousity what exercises have you chosen for each bodypart?

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 10:00:36 AM »
Anyone tried DC?  I think I'm going to give it a go in a few months after I finish my current routine, wanting to hear some feedback if anyone has tried it.

I've done it for a couple of years now.....
nasser=piece of shit

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 10:02:02 AM »
I've done it for a couple of years now.....

what all do you do for dc are you following it to a t?  using almost a rep pause set? only one exercise per part 15 breath rests..? just out of curiousity what exercises have you chosen for each bodypart? 

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 12:30:41 PM »
also al what is your desired total rep amount per exercise

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 01:34:03 PM »
Hmmm im the strongest iv ever been, using DC.

Also im 20-22lbs heavier of muscle in just over a year, so id say it works.

davie

what was your cycles?

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 11:37:38 AM »
what was your cycles?

Well if uv read about DC u know that wen u plateau on an exercise u swap it out for another (comeing back to that exercise in the future tho).

At the mo my routine will look like this

Done 3 sessions a week, everything worked 3 times in 2 weeks:

A1
Slight Incline Db bench
Db shoulder press
CGBP
Rack chins
T-bar rows

B1
Preacher Curl
Db wrist curl
SLDL
Front squat with BB hack squat widow maker

A2
Incline Db bench
upright row
reverse bench
v-bar pulldowns
deadlift

B2
Pin wheel curls
reverse wrist curls
ham raises
BB hack with wide stance leg press widow maker

A3
decline machine press
Machine shoulder press
Dips
palms facing rack chins
incline rows

B3
BB curl
reverse curl
ham curl
squat with close stance leg press widow maker....

Im not giving anything away there, as it can change after 2 sessions.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 12:25:33 PM »
I meant cycles as in steroid cycles.

22 lbs lean muscle tissue in a year natty? I don't think so.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 12:36:32 PM »
Well if uv read about DC u know that wen u plateau on an exercise u swap it out for another (comeing back to that exercise in the future tho).

At the mo my routine will look like this

Done 3 sessions a week, everything worked 3 times in 2 weeks:

A1
Slight Incline Db bench
Db shoulder press
CGBP
Rack chins
T-bar rows

B1
Preacher Curl
Db wrist curl
SLDL
Front squat with BB hack squat widow maker

A2
Incline Db bench
upright row
reverse bench
v-bar pulldowns
deadlift

B2
Pin wheel curls
reverse wrist curls
ham raises
BB hack with wide stance leg press widow maker

A3
decline machine press
Machine shoulder press
Dips
palms facing rack chins
incline rows

B3
BB curl
reverse curl
ham curl
squat with close stance leg press widow maker....

Im not giving anything away there, as it can change after 2 sessions.

davie

whats your total rep amount look like on average?  what would you say is the optimal amount for size?

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 01:49:45 PM »
what all do you do for dc are you following it to a t?  using almost a rep pause set? only one exercise per part 15 breath rests..? just out of curiousity what exercises have you chosen for each bodypart? 

I follow it pretty close, I try a few things out here and there that aren't "DC".  I know the program very, very well.  everything but quads and back thickness is rest paused.  1 movement for each body part, one pause I take 12 deep breaths and go, the other pause I'll do 15...sometimes I only do 10 if I feel like I'm ready to go, I go. 

chest-paramount incline, smith machine incline, decline

shoulders-paramount press, military press, lateral machine

tri's-dips, close grips and something called a PJR pullover that is all the rave over on IM

back width-close grip pulldowns, front PD and PD behind the neck

thickness-BB row, seated row and T-bar

bi's-drag curls, preacher curls...can't remember the 3rd movement..lol

forearms-hammer curls, wrist curls and 1 arm reverse cable curl-all high repped

calfs-3 different types of toe press on 3 different leg press machines

hamstrings-parillo stiff legged dead lifts, seated leg curl and sumo leg press

quads-squat, leg press and a second different leg press movement for 50 reps.

also al what is your desired total rep amount per exercise

I'm going pretty heavy this cycle-15-18 reps on most movements.  On back thickness and squats I go for 4-6 reps and then follow it up with a higher rep set with lighter weight.  I tried working to 30 reps on everything last blast and it was OK but I don't think it was as effective.  When I first did DC I went from 194-213 in about 6 weeks, last heavy blast I got back up to 210ish, now I'm coming down and am sitting at about 202..doing alot of cardio and stuff. 
nasser=piece of shit

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »
I meant cycles as in steroid cycles.

22 lbs lean muscle tissue in a year natty? I don't think so.

Why not, when i said lean, i meant thyat of course ther wwas a little fat, but 2 b honest i havnt really noticed it, so it cant be much. slight slight loss of ab definition but thats it.

If u read als comment above, hes said wen he 1st started it he went from 194 t0 213 in 6 weeks, im talking about roughly the same in a year.

NGM.... i go for about 15 rp'd reps on most Barbell exercises. 18+ on all arm work. and anything with DB's (db bench/db shoulder press), i go for 20+.

And like al said, 1 set of about 12 +reps for back thickness. leg widowmakers are 20+.

davie

davie

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 01:59:39 PM »
I follow it pretty close, I try a few things out here and there that aren't "DC".  I know the program very, very well.  everything but quads and back thickness is rest paused.  1 movement for each body part, one pause I take 12 deep breaths and go, the other pause I'll do 15...sometimes I only do 10 if I feel like I'm ready to go, I go. 

chest-paramount incline, smith machine incline, decline

shoulders-paramount press, military press, lateral machine

tri's-dips, close grips and something called a PJR pullover that is all the rave over on IM

back width-close grip pulldowns, front PD and PD behind the neck

thickness-BB row, seated row and T-bar

bi's-drag curls, preacher curls...can't remember the 3rd movement..lol

forearms-hammer curls, wrist curls and 1 arm reverse cable curl-all high repped

calfs-3 different types of toe press on 3 different leg press machines

hamstrings-parillo stiff legged dead lifts, seated leg curl and sumo leg press

quads-squat, leg press and a second different leg press movement for 50 reps.

I'm going pretty heavy this cycle-15-18 reps on most movements.  On back thickness and squats I go for 4-6 reps and then follow it up with a higher rep set with lighter weight.  I tried working to 30 reps on everything last blast and it was OK but I don't think it was as effective.  When I first did DC I went from 194-213 in about 6 weeks, last heavy blast I got back up to 210ish, now I'm coming down and am sitting at about 202..doing alot of cardio and stuff. 

AL....hows the 50 rep widow maker going??

I leg pressed for 2 1/2 minutes the other day, not overly heavy weight tho. every time i needed break i locked out legs and stopped the clock, then started again once i started pressing.

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »
AL....hows the 50 rep widow maker going??

I leg pressed for 2 1/2 minutes the other day, not overly heavy weight tho. every time i needed break i locked out legs and stopped the clock, then started again once i started pressing.

davie

it's just a working set, no heavy work before hand.  i set up the leg press and go until I hit 50 reps..I can't move a ton of weight for that many reps...legs are together so I'm trying to hit the teardrop and my sweep.  Just trying it out.

I do a widowmaker after my set of squats, I try to add 5lbs a shot...just started squatting again so it's "interesting"....we'll seee how my back holds up.

the 2nd set of t-bar rows the other day was a killer, I only got 18..but it was only my second time doing them.
nasser=piece of shit

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »
it's just a working set, no heavy work before hand.  i set up the leg press and go until I hit 50 reps..I can't move a ton of weight for that many reps...legs are together so I'm trying to hit the teardrop and my sweep.  Just trying it out.

I do a widowmaker after my set of squats, I try to add 5lbs a shot...just started squatting again so it's "interesting"....we'll seee how my back holds up.

the 2nd set of t-bar rows the other day was a killer, I only got 18..but it was only my second time doing them.

I may have missed this but why did you stop squatting?  Lower back issues?

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »
I may have missed this but why did you stop squatting?  Lower back issues?
worked as a die repairman in a shop for years, then I ran the toolroom and did most of the schedueling, lots of hours, lots of standing, lots of heavy lifting in very awkward postions...you get to crawl around in a 300 ton press and take dies apart in the weirdest positions you can think of, alot the things I lifted were in the 50-60 lbs range but the way I had to lift them trashed my back.  I ran out of the good graces of mngmnt at the end and got thrown on a pack line...I'd set up this automated system that would fill these bins with fasteners, I then would stack the bins..not to bad until you find out I had to stack 20,000lbs of fasteners a day or I was behind....yeah, 20,000lbs.  My back is fucked..but they paid for my school and now I have a nice cozy office job and make about doublle the money I used to make. 
nasser=piece of shit

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 02:48:33 PM »
worked as a die repairman in a shop for years, then I ran the toolroom and did most of the schedueling, lots of hours, lots of standing, lots of heavy lifting in very awkward postions...you get to crawl around in a 300 ton press and take dies apart in the weirdest positions you can think of, alot the things I lifted were in the 50-60 lbs range but the way I had to lift them trashed my back.  I ran out of the good graces of mngmnt at the end and got thrown on a pack line...I'd set up this automated system that would fill these bins with fasteners, I then would stack the bins..not to bad until you find out I had to stack 20,000lbs of fasteners a day or I was behind....yeah, 20,000lbs.  My back is fucked..but they paid for my school and now I have a nice cozy office job and make about doublle the money I used to make. 

Damn man that sucks, sorry to hear that.  But like you say, at least you paid your dues and can now make a lot more money.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 04:56:31 PM »
Damn man that sucks, sorry to hear that.  But like you say, at least you paid your dues and can now make a lot more money.

it's all good now, I make good $$$ and I just laugh about it for the most part, my back is doing alot better these days.
nasser=piece of shit

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 09:26:59 PM »
it's all good now, I make good $$$ and I just laugh about it for the most part, my back is doing alot better these days.

Good stuff dude.  I'll check out your workout log.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2008, 07:12:33 AM »

Yeh im trying to press with feet close together for teardrop aswell, do u press with feet high or low on the plate??

Y 2 sets of t-bars??

davie

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2008, 08:19:06 AM »
Might try Gironda style Frog Hack squats on a sled. Hit's the vastu medialis thigh muscle very well when working for that outer swseep (that is, if one has the potentional for a great outter thigh sweep). Heels together and standing on the toes, coming down to rock bottom of the exercise every rep. Also might consider Sissy squats which affect the thighs very well. Both will require getting use to. Just for the full stretch alone.

Natural Al: I am assuming you worked in the U.S., so asking if that shop job was a union job? Was that the tool room or tool crib you worked at. Reason I am asking, a friend of mine got layed off his job in a packing plant in Omaha and the union & company sent him to school for air condition engineering. He's making, like you, twice the buck, better benifits and a full pension after 20 years. And like you, his back is trashed as well as his knees. Good Luck.
F

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2008, 11:29:32 AM »
the most mass... ???

answer:  a high protein, medium Carb, medium fat diet.........in combination with heavy weights for high reps.....

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2008, 06:25:55 AM »
Might try Gironda style Frog Hack squats on a sled. Hit's the vastu medialis thigh muscle very well when working for that outer swseep (that is, if one has the potentional for a great outter thigh sweep). Heels together and standing on the toes, coming down to rock bottom of the exercise every rep. Also might consider Sissy squats which affect the thighs very well. Both will require getting use to. Just for the full stretch alone.

Natural Al: I am assuming you worked in the U.S., so asking if that shop job was a union job? Was that the tool room or tool crib you worked at. Reason I am asking, a friend of mine got layed off his job in a packing plant in Omaha and the union & company sent him to school for air condition engineering. He's making, like you, twice the buck, better benifits and a full pension after 20 years. And like you, his back is trashed as well as his knees. Good Luck.

I worked for a company that was non union.  I worked at 2 different sites, the first one was a stamping plant-high speed, high production stamping.  I was the tool room "managar" so to speak for a few years, then I unoffically ran the place, meaning I did all the scheduling and all that good stuff but never got the official title.

The pack line was a "punishment" so to speak, they thought they were gonna fuck me over by putting me on the hardest machine there was but I out produced everyone who ran it on the other shifts and I worked a ton of OT so I made a hell of alot of money.  First day I worked on it I almost couldn't move when the shift was over but I got used to it, wore a workout belt and wrist straps after that.  It did suck but I got the last laugh.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2008, 06:36:08 AM »
Yeh im trying to press with feet close together for teardrop aswell, do u press with feet high or low on the plate??

Y 2 sets of t-bars??

davie

with alot of thickness momements DC wants you to do one really heavy set of 4-6 reps and then a set with a little less weight for 12-18 reps.  I forget the actual logic behind it..lol but that's what I've been doing.  I try to add weight to both sets everytime so it's a constant overload situation.  I went from 3 plates the first time to 4 just the other day so that was a pretty big jump, I'll probably add another 5lbs a workout from now on.  Same thing with squats, I heavy set of 4-6 and a follow up for 20.
nasser=piece of shit

tomgreynolds

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2008, 02:24:53 PM »
1-Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

2- OFF

3- Back, Traps, Biceps

4- OFF

5- Quads, Hams, Calves

6- OFF

Gives enough recovery time and you get a great pump in all the muscles when using a push/pull/legs training split.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2008, 04:06:08 PM »
Best MASS gains? Dogcrap hands down... that and a lot of  test. enanthate/dbol ;)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2008, 10:31:40 AM »
with alot of thickness momements DC wants you to do one really heavy set of 4-6 reps and then a set with a little less weight for 12-18 reps.  I forget the actual logic behind it..lol but that's what I've been doing.  I try to add weight to both sets everytime so it's a constant overload situation.  I went from 3 plates the first time to 4 just the other day so that was a pretty big jump, I'll probably add another 5lbs a workout from now on.  Same thing with squats, I heavy set of 4-6 and a follow up for 20.

Kul, iv actually been doing that anyway.

Been doing the perscribed set of 12 (each time i get 12 i up weight the next time), then dropping weight abour 10-2- kg's and trying to knock out  12-20 rep set.

davie