Author Topic: A Meteor is heading towards the earth...  (Read 5436 times)

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Re: A Meteor is heading towards the earth...
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 12:53:40 PM »
In Pesci we trust.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 08:55:21 PM »
That's a bit of an inaccurate picture of me. I'm not in the least bit religious and havn't done any drugs for at least 2 months.

I know better than to share my ideas to people because by challenging their current faith all I'd accomplish is resentment for making them think and in turn, they'd clutch ever more desperately to the beliefs they suspend their existence upon.

I talk about my ideas here because I love Getbig.  :D

I apologize for my preconceived judgement then, but i react ridiculously to the ridiculous. Let me explain. I have said previously that i am open minded.. but i also lack 'faith' because of what i have learned and experienced (nothing amazing, just think cause and effect) and what is in front of me, i believe. Now we all know what the human mind is capable of in its darkest hour (or so one may think) and it only takes a sane, logical and objective person to realize what is ridiculous and what isn't.

Theres a difference between capability and probability, and unfortunately you are deluded (for lack of a better word) to this idea which seems so finite, now you can argue all day about "if it weren't a possibility then why would XXXX people be arguing about the same thing?" well just look at any convincing voices ability to channel their idea to a collective - the comfort that can be found in other people with similar ideology and beliefs can bring people together.. and they can even end up believing their own stories. I just think that these ideas you present with Daddywaddy are from the same type of mind that thought up X-Men and Battlestar Galactica, sure i'm always happy and open to imagination and love dreaming and what can happen when the mind runs wild, but when it causes disruption to truth and reason then i oppose.

Oh and what i've highlighted in your post is fairly ironic i think.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 09:42:02 PM »
I apologize for my preconceived judgement then, but i react ridiculously to the ridiculous. Let me explain. I have said previously that i am open minded.. but i also lack 'faith' because of what i have learned and experienced (nothing amazing, just think cause and effect) and what is in front of me, i believe. Now we all know what the human mind is capable of in its darkest hour (or so one may think) and it only takes a sane, logical and objective person to realize what is ridiculous and what isn't.

Theres a difference between capability and probability, and unfortunately you are deluded (for lack of a better word) to this idea which seems so finite, now you can argue all day about "if it weren't a possibility then why would XXXX people be arguing about the same thing?" well just look at any convincing voices ability to channel their idea to a collective - the comfort that can be found in other people with similar ideology and beliefs can bring people together.. and they can even end up believing their own stories. I just think that these ideas you present with Daddywaddy are from the same type of mind that thought up X-Men and Battlestar Galactica, sure i'm always happy and open to imagination and love dreaming and what can happen when the mind runs wild, but when it causes disruption to truth and reason then i oppose.

Oh and what i've highlighted in your post is fairly ironic i think.

It's clear to me that you're an open minded person. Your resistance to submitting to belief systems of any sort is probably the most divine act a person can do, and I respect that. And it's that kind of person, the critical thinker, who will shed light upon the dark world we live in by fighting for truth and justice.

Although I gratefully accept your criticism, I don't know exactly which ideas of mine you think are deluded. Ones I recall discussing with wadders recently was 2012, where I simply provided the evidence of physical changes in our solar system, which is interesting and might be relevant, but who knows. Certainly not I and I don't claim to know the answers to anything. Just throw out ideas. I also mentioned my belief that mankind is undergoing conscious evolution. The evidence for that exists and is all around us. That paradigms are being shifted on a growing scale.

More and more people are becoming like us and questioning things and seeking the truth and now, being in this information age, we have the answers to many of our questions at our fingertips. And that's helping to faciliate conscious evolution. And the more of us exist, perhaps the more we invade the collective.

So what ideas do I suspend my existence upon? None. I believe that the purpose of life is to simply live. I believe that the universe is an infinite being with no beginning no end, no concept of time whatsoever. And life for us, these creatures who are consciously aware and can explore the universe of which has created them, is to do just that: to learn and create. Learn and create. That's all there is to this ride.

My most compelling ideas come from recorded and shared mystical experiences. Near death (www.mellen-thomas.com/stories), psychedelic trips (
), sensory deprivation (
), meditation, and other forms of "ego death", which I experienced myself. Many people would say that because there's no precise scientific instrument that can measure these experiences, they simply can not be, but they are frequently described as more real than the real we're aware of.

I don't believe these things because I'm easily duped. I've been an agnostic since I was 8 years old and in catholic school. I believe these things because one day I learned about this drug called DMT. A drug that induces the most powerful psychedelic trip known to man, yet is a chemical that's naturally produced by your brain during sleep and near death experiences and also exists in every living thing. A drug that makes you trip not into an altered state of consciousness, but into another fucking dimension. And it's been scientifically researched! Dr. Rick Strassman researched the effects of DMT for years and wrote DMT: The Spirit Molecule (amazing). Since then, I've been passionately curious of the mysterious.

~

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 07:16:01 AM »
You know figgs?

Honestly?

I'm fucking scared of the unknown.. lol.

I would run from any trip-inducing drug .. because although i can maintain sanity for most uncontrolled situations i come across.. that type of thing is just not for me.. i hear you just can't consciously control alot of the things going on.

I'll try to just observe and be less aggressive towards your posts because although I'm not convinced i will keep looking around.. but until then I'm definately a religious bystander.. not going to commit to any unproven faith or wisdom.. it could be my ultimate downfall.. who knows.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 09:32:17 AM »
I'd be lying if I said I'm not scared too. lol I researched DMT and shrooms and studied their effects and its history on the development of mankind, but taking them is a whole other thing. I mean, I love to learn about the unknown, but to experience it is another thing. And that's what scares me. I know I will at some point, but it must be timed right! I did take shrooms once but I didn't anticipate having to forget who I was, and it became a never ending struggle to regain the memory of me. It can be a beautiful thing, to wipe the slate clean and see the world anew, clear of the prejudices and beliefs you create in your life and seeing nature as it is and being one with it! DMT is a whole other level of experience. It's the mother of psychedelic trips.

Thanks for understanding.  :) I had a feeling you're a good hearted person. And I sincerely believe that you not committing to any faith or dogmas of any kind will be to your ultimate benefit. No one is ever right about the world, just some have better views than others. Understanding the true nature of the universe seems beyond our capacity to understand. We can only have but a glimpse and create our own universe as we go along.

Many 'enlightened' individuals come back and say that the universe's only true feeling is love and that fear is only a human being's reaction to being lost outside of truth and love. So goes to say, the only thing to fear is fear itself.
~

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 12:20:02 PM »
Does this mean I should say fuck it and go about raping women and doing a lot of recreational drugs?

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »
Does this mean I should say fuck it and go about raping women and doing a lot of recreational drugs?

You're not going to find love in raping women. Love is compassion, understanding and forgiving. There's still fundamental morals involved with free will. We can't have a thriving society and live in peace and harmony that way, nor can you go about doing such a thing without battling inner demons, which are there to tell you how fucked up your thoughts are.

Drugs used responsibly act as guides, or means, to achieve inward spiritual experiences, and reflect upon these experiences and applies them to your own life in a positive way, with the intent of bettering yourself.
~

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »
DMT is good for you and good for me although it stinks like shit.