Author Topic: New York Giants win today and will...  (Read 6300 times)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Re: New York Giants win today and will...
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 08:41:47 AM »
yes the giants are playing better then the patriots so to speak right now...but the super bowl is the super bowl and if the pats have proved anything it is they know how to win..pure and simple...

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 10:35:57 AM »
Bump for BIG BLUE and ELI MANNING !!!!!

WE ALREADY WON Hahahahahahahah
L

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: GIANTS....
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 10:54:35 AM »
The Giants dont have a chance against the Pats. The Pats are going to walk all over the Giants in the Super Bowl.

right, just like they did in week 15 when the giants were beating them with 4 minutes left to play in the 4hth and ended up losing the game by a whole 3 points.

you are ignorant and have shown us all why you should not be allowed to give your opinion in this matter, unless it is to be taken for entertainment purposes only.

of all the teams that might beat new england, its the giants. brady has shown how vulnerable he is against the pass rush (baltimore, philly, and giants week 15). the bulk of new england big wins have come on broken coverage passes to moss when brady is given too much time in the pocket.

the giants bring the fastest front d line in football. spagnolo is a blitz happy d co-ordinator who is not afraid to bring pressure off the corners and disguises his schemes well. pierce, who anchored the lb core against the run this week in GB will now drop into coverage as NE doesnt run the ball out of the backfield. gone now will be the dump off pass to welker that as been so successfull for brady when he is under pressure and can't get thru his check downs.

the giants are hot at the right time of the year. manning is now starting to look like an NFL quarterback and his team believes in him. the cornerbacks who have stepped up and were once thought to be a weak link to be taken advantage of are playing very solid football. jacobs is stepping up out of the backfield to offer good pass protection to manning to keep him comfortable in the pocket as he tends to get jittery when under alot of pressure. manning has been making great decisions with the ball in the last 4 games and the giants who lead the league in dropped passes are finally catching the ball (except for toomer).

the key to winning this game for the giants is to trade scores. get inside the red-zone and make 7 instead of the 3 that NE is so good at limiting teams to. bang brady all game and hope that he puts the ball up in a bad spot later in the game and capitalize.

if they can do this they have a chance at beating new england. of all the teams that went to the playoffs they are built defensively to do it.

but a blow-out? i dont fucking think so, chief.

b

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »
right, just like they did in week 15 when the giants were beating them with 4 minutes left to play in the 4hth and ended up losing the game by a whole 3 points.

you are ignorant and have shown us all why you should not be allowed to give your opinion in this matter, unless it is to be taken for entertainment purposes only.

of all the teams that might beat new england, its the giants. brady has shown how vulnerable he is against the pass rush (baltimore, philly, and giants week 15). the bulk of new england big wins have come on broken coverage passes to moss when brady is given too much time in the pocket.

the giants bring the fastest front d line in football. spagnolo is a blitz happy d co-ordinator who is not afraid to bring pressure off the corners and disguises his schemes well. pierce, who anchored the lb core against the run this week in GB will now drop into coverage as NE doesnt run the ball out of the backfield. gone now will be the dump off pass to welker that as been so successfull for brady when he is under pressure and can't get thru his check downs.

the giants are hot at the right time of the year. manning is now starting to look like an NFL quarterback and his team believes in him. the cornerbacks who have stepped up and were once thought to be a weak link to be taken advantage of are playing very solid football. jacobs is stepping up out of the backfield to offer good pass protection to manning to keep him comfortable in the pocket as he tends to get jittery when under alot of pressure. manning has been making great decisions with the ball in the last 4 games and the giants who lead the league in dropped passes are finally catching the ball (except for toomer).

the key to winning this game for the giants is to trade scores. get inside the red-zone and make 7 instead of the 3 that NE is so good at limiting teams to. bang brady all game and hope that he puts the ball up in a bad spot later in the game and capitalize.

if they can do this they have a chance at beating new england. of all the teams that went to the playoffs they are built defensively to do it.

Not!

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 11:19:08 AM »

Last week SD had the fastest pass rush in the league? I guess you haven't kept tabs on Maroney and Faulk have you?Brady has been the best QB in beating the blitz.Are you sure you been following?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »
The Giants have a better chance of getting every negro to not consume fried chicken and KoolAid on MLK Day than they do beating the Pats.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 11:38:55 AM »
Biggest upset in Superbowl history!

Giants beat Tampa.. Beat Dallas in their house.. Beat Green Bay in lambeau field in coldass weather..

Giants have proven EVERYONE WRONG.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 02:14:17 PM »
Last week SD had the fastest pass rush in the league? I guess you haven't kept tabs on Maroney and Faulk have you?Brady has been the best QB in beating the blitz.Are you sure you been following?

i shouldn't even waste my time responding to this as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, but i will, just to demonstrate how little you know.

1) SD had the fastest pass rush in the league? do you watch football on the planet you are from? anyone who knows anything about football would not argue the Giants have the fastest defensive front line in football. you are truly a simpleton. lol.

2) since you don't watch football, i'll enlighten you a little about the NE offense. they dont run the ball, but they can if they choose to. they are a pass team. they line up 4/5 wide and dare you to stop the pass. they are so good they dont need to establish the run to open up the pass- they just pass. that being said, did YOU keep tabs on faulk last week? the bulk of his yardage came out of the back field not on the run, but the pass. the giants stack up good against the run, and since NE does not show a propensity to run the ball (not saying they can't), that means the giants LB's can drop back into coverage, allowing pierce one on one coverage on either faulk or maroney. a good match-up considering he managed to shut grant down sunday.

3) brady does not 'beat the blitz'- his front line beats the blitz. he couldn't scramble eggs. his o-line is amazingly efficient at protecting him, allowing him time in the pocket. take away that time he cannot drop 7 and make the big plays. all he can do is dump off to maroney and faulk. if you watched football you would realise philly, the giants, the colts and baltimore all exposed this weakness, but were unable to capitalize offensively.

4) have you been following? i didnt say the giants would beat NE. i said that is what they have to do to have a chance and not make it a blow out.

next time you wish to debate football with me, try watching it and then try formulating a logical argument to back up your opinion. other than that dont bother as you'll only make yourself look more stupid than i'm sure you already are.

thanks for coming out.

b

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 06:27:43 PM »
I do read about the NFL on the internet No one.But I dont watch NFL because I live on the other side of the world.We will see what happens in the Super Bowl. GO THE MIGHTY PATS.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 06:37:24 PM »
I do read about the NFL on the internet No one.But I dont watch NFL because I live on the other side of the world.We will see what happens in the Super Bowl. GO THE MIGHTY PATS.

being on the other side of the world does make it difficult. i missed the superbowl when i was in thailand last year because it started at 6am and none of the bars were open and where i was didnt have satellite. you could try watching it streaming online if you are awake...
b

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2008, 06:40:24 AM »
 8)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2008, 07:35:11 AM »
I was at lambeau on sunday night, what a heartbreaker.   That early run where Jacobs ran right over woodson happened right in front of me, that shit was nasty!  With that being said, I really want to see the giants win.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 07:39:01 AM »
I was at lambeau on sunday night, what a heartbreaker.   That early run where Jacobs ran right over woodson happened right in front of me, that shit was nasty!  With that being said, I really want to see the giants win.
that was sick, woodson had some balls to take that hit....
L

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 07:53:48 AM »
Fuckin Al Harris couldn't stop Burress, god that sucked.  The packers had under 30 yards rushing, that giants defense is BAD-ASS.  They are just quicker and more physical than any other team, especially the d-line.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 08:07:21 AM »
i shouldn't even waste my time responding to this as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, but i will, just to demonstrate how little you know.

1) SD had the fastest pass rush in the league? do you watch football on the planet you are from? anyone who knows anything about football would not argue the Giants have the fastest defensive front line in football. you are truly a simpleton. lol.

2) since you don't watch football, i'll enlighten you a little about the NE offense. they dont run the ball, but they can if they choose to. they are a pass team. they line up 4/5 wide and dare you to stop the pass. they are so good they dont need to establish the run to open up the pass- they just pass. that being said, did YOU keep tabs on faulk last week? the bulk of his yardage came out of the back field not on the run, but the pass. the giants stack up good against the run, and since NE does not show a propensity to run the ball (not saying they can't), that means the giants LB's can drop back into coverage, allowing pierce one on one coverage on either faulk or maroney. a good match-up considering he managed to shut grant down sunday.

3) brady does not 'beat the blitz'- his front line beats the blitz. he couldn't scramble eggs. his o-line is amazingly efficient at protecting him, allowing him time in the pocket. take away that time he cannot drop 7 and make the big plays. all he can do is dump off to maroney and faulk. if you watched football you would realise philly, the giants, the colts and baltimore all exposed this weakness, but were unable to capitalize offensively.

4) have you been following? i didnt say the giants would beat NE. i said that is what they have to do to have a chance and not make it a blow out.

next time you wish to debate football with me, try watching it and then try formulating a logical argument to back up your opinion. other than that dont bother as you'll only make yourself look more stupid than i'm sure you already are.

thanks for coming out.

The Pats don't choose to run? Maroney 4 hundred + yard games in a row.Maroneyaverages 4.5 yards per carry.
Faulk is the best 3rd down back in the league. Brady is the Best Qb in the league bar none at moving in the pocket. Granted the Pats line is clearly the leagues best. Now the Giants must decide what to take away?Bottom line too many weapons.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 08:11:28 AM »
Yeah, people said the packers had too many weapons for the Giants defense to handle.  So much for that shit!

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 08:36:08 AM »
Yeah, people said the packers had too many weapons for the Giants defense to handle.  So much for that shit!
hahaha........comparing the Packers weapons to the Pats weapons. I heard there's openings for comedy writers in hollywood.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 08:42:27 AM »

After watching both games , to me it seems like the refs were trying to make Green Bay vs. New England a reality..
Like they screwed the Ravens in the regular season...
.the 'hold' on Snee that took back the touchdown run by bradshaw and the blatant offsides on a critical 3rd down in the 4th that allowed Manning to get sacked. Granted the GB fan will say that alot of calls went the Giants way, but the stuff they were doing HAD to be called ..ie the late hit that came 3 seconds after the toss and the Al Harris Rape of Plax....

Regardless, all the Giant fans who were in GB say that after the game, they were being congratulated and well wished ...class org., classy fans and if the Giants werent going to be in it then I would have the Pack there instead.
L

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 08:43:26 AM »
hahaha........comparing the Packers weapons to the Pats weapons. I heard there's openings for comedy writers in hollywood.

Yeah yeah yeah!  You calm down now.  No need to throw salt on the open wounds of this packer fan :'(

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 08:46:23 AM »
After watching both games , to me it seems like the refs were trying to make Green Bay vs. New England a reality..
Like they screwed the Ravens in the regular season...
.the 'hold' on Snee that took back the touchdown run by bradshaw and the blatant offsides on a critical 3rd down in the 4th that allowed Manning to get sacked. Granted the GB fan will say that alot of calls went the Giants way, but the stuff they were doing HAD to be called ..ie the late hit that came 3 seconds after the toss and the Al Harris Rape of Plax....

Regardless, all the Giant fans who were in GB say that after the game, they were being congratulated and well wished ...class org., classy fans and if the Giants werent going to be in it then I would have the Pack there instead.

The giants just outplayed the packers.  We had plenty of opportunities to win and just couldn't capitalize on it.  The giants fans who were near me cheered on their team but weren't at all obnoxious, so people treated them pretty good.  Generally, the packer fans at lambeau are pretty nice.  A few buddys of mine were in philly a few years ago with their Favre jerseys on and were getting stuff thrown at them the whole game and on the way out.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 08:47:07 AM »
Yeah yeah yeah!  You calm down now.  No need to throw salt on the open wounds of this packer fan :'(
I like the Pack,but comparing the Packers offense to the most potent offense in the history of the game is ridiculus.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008, 08:55:17 AM »
I like the Pack,but comparing the Packers offense to the most potent offense in the history of the game is ridiculus.

I guess I was referring to quanity of quality players when i said that Green Bay has alot of weapons. I wasnt comparing them to the pats.  They have a damn good running back, a good crew of quality recievers, 2 good tight ends, and of course Favre.  They're not the pats, but the pack is a solid team, and with pretty much everyone coming back next year, hopefully they can make it to the super bowl!!

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 10:10:28 AM »
I guess I was referring to quanity of quality players when i said that Green Bay has alot of weapons. I wasnt comparing them to the pats.  They have a damn good running back, a good crew of quality recievers, 2 good tight ends, and of course Favre.  They're not the pats, but the pack is a solid team, and with pretty much everyone coming back next year, hopefully they can make it to the super bowl!!
Unfortunately for you,Favre shows his true colors in the playoffs.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »
Fuckin Al Harris couldn't stop Burress, god that sucked.  The packers had under 30 yards rushing, that giants defense is BAD-ASS.  They are just quicker and more physical than any other team, especially the d-line.
Al Harris should enter a burn unit after the torching Burress gave him on Sunday. Do you think Favre comes back?

body88

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »

3) Brady does not 'beat the blitz'- his front line beats the blitz. he couldn't scramble eggs. his o-line is amazingly efficient at protecting him, allowing him time in the pocket. take away that time he cannot drop 7 and make the big plays. all he can do is dump off to maroney and faulk. if you watched football you would realise philly, the giants, the colts and baltimore all exposed this weakness, but were unable to capitalize offensively.

thanks for coming out.

The san d D rush is just as good as the giants at this point. Tom Brady is the most blitzed qb in the NFL. His passer rating vs the blitz is 110. Best in the NFL. Your assumption that blitzing Brady makes him venerable is wrong. Giving Brady time is a bad idea , but blitzing him is not nearly as effective as you claim.

The pats do run the ball. If you look at the total pass play's to run plays this year , they are very balanced. You are incorrect about the amount of times they run the ball vs pass the ball. Look it up. The pats passings is very prolific , it overshadows the run game.The pats do line up and dare you to stop them , but again the running game has been pretty balanced all year. The numbers are pretty close. Maroney has over 400 yards rushing from the los in the last four games. What are the giants lb's going to do about Welker, Gaffney and Watson in that formation you talked about with Faulk and Maroney? Maroney has proven to be deadly on screen plays also.

The pats offensive line has done a great job this year. However Brady was sacked more times then P Manning this season.

When the pats played the Giants there entire right side of the offensive line was out, and also K Brady who is a huge piece in run blocking. The protection will be better in the sb. During the giants game the pats played pretty straight forward coverages and also vanilla defensive packages as a whole. Rested some guys etc. Things will be more exotic in the sb.

What exactly did the Giants expose? That they could have 38 points hung on them? The entire right side of the pats offensive line was out? If the pats score 38 again the giants wont win. The pats d has been pretty stingy in the playoffs. The pats d is one fire right now. Just as quick as you can claim balt and co exposed the pats I can talk about how the pats did not play well and all those games where in bad weather. Fact is nothing was exposed , those teams had great games, and the pats still won. No team is going to get up for every game , and sometimes teams rise up and play well. The Redskins had the d that everyone was saying would expose the pats when they played them. Fast, athletic, hard hitting. Final score 52 - 7.

Not taking anything away from the g men. They are a great team and the pats will have there hands full. The giants could win this game. I know this. I picked them to beat the packers. But most of your post is kinda out there when talking about some things the pats do.