Author Topic: Dr. King would be so proud  (Read 1157 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Dr. King would be so proud
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:56:54 PM »
Its been 40 years since he died and all blacks wanna do is become drug dealers turned rappers. Don't believe me?  Go to richmond or oakland.  here's a nice video of some black youths.  These kids have the parents who hate on bill cosby and obama...

http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/4843

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Dr. King would be so proud
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 05:11:17 PM »
Its been 40 years since he died and all blacks wanna do is become drug dealers turned rappers. Don't believe me?  Go to richmond or oakland.  here's a nice video of some black youths.  These kids have the parents who hate on bill cosby and obama...

::)  No overstatement there. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:31:32 PM »

hmm,  Richmond and Oakland are my neck of the woods.  Yeah, the other day i was driving down 14th street, and EVERY black person was practicing rapping while dealing drugs.  Every single one.  Even the black cops, doctors, business people, bakers, factory workers, etc....   Then i drove by Skyline high School and they didn't even have a football team, everyone was on crack and rapping even the teachers!  Hell they were rapping at the pre-schools!  they had nursery raps!

Yeah, that video of yours says it all.  It's representative of every black person everywhere.

::)

Meanwhile George Washington and Abe Lincoln must be real proud, becuase all white people are upstanding citizens who desire to be doctors and pastors.  There certainly isn't any white people operating methlabs.  I'm sure you can find a video showing that all white people want to do is preach about Jesus and become doctors.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:02:27 PM »
No, i just get sick and tired of lack of willingness by black people to improve their standings in society, the statement was tongue in cheek, but i guess i wasn't obvious enough.  I, for one, am a white male voting for Obama.  The other day i overheard some black people saying how uppity Obama was and how he doesn't know the streets and thats why they'd never vote for him.  It really made me cringe and wonder why ANYONE has to "know the streets."  I'd hate to think that everything Dr. King did was pointless.  Richmond especially bothers me... the amount of pointless violence that goes on over there is ridiculous and is brought on by nothing but  machismo. 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 06:12:34 PM »

Meanwhile George Washington and Abe Lincoln must be real proud, becuase all white people are upstanding citizens who desire to be doctors and pastors.  There certainly isn't any white people operating methlabs.  I'm sure you can find a video showing that all white people want to do is preach about Jesus and become doctors.

Dude, we white people are responsible for george w bush being president, we couldn't have been any dumber.  I'm not talking intelligence or morality, i'm just wondering why black people seem to have the mentality that chris rock often pokes fun at;

Black man 1: I just went to college and got my masters!
black man 2: fuck you, you ain't my master
black man 3: I just gotta outta jail!
black man 2:  atta boy! now you know the real world...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 06:45:38 PM »
No, i just get sick and tired of lack of willingness by black people to improve their standings in society, the statement was tongue in cheek, but i guess i wasn't obvious enough.  I, for one, am a white male voting for Obama.  The other day i overheard some black people saying how uppity Obama was and how he doesn't know the streets and thats why they'd never vote for him.  It really made me cringe and wonder why ANYONE has to "know the streets."  I'd hate to think that everything Dr. King did was pointless.  Richmond especially bothers me... the amount of pointless violence that goes on over there is ridiculous and is brought on by nothing but  machismo. 

Anything under 13th street is bad in Richmond.  13th and above is fine.  It's filled with blacks and Mexicans.  23rd and Cutting, aside from the way it looks has little differences from most suburbs in surrounding areas.  It's 10th and below that's dangerous, just like in many other cities in the US that have their own bad areas. 

black people to improve their standings in society,

I see the same traits you complain about in white people as well as others.  also, i see it in reverse just the same.

I'd hate to think that everything Dr. King did was pointless.

Dr. King did so much to bring civil rights to the forefront of our society in a non violent way.  His effect will be everlasting, but not all encompassing. 

And BTW, Obama comes across as a loud mouth young officer to me.  But unless the repubs put up a good candidate (which they won't) I'll be voting for the Dem nominee who ever that is.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 07:05:42 PM »
Anything under 13th street is bad in Richmond.  13th and above is fine.  It's filled with blacks and Mexicans.  23rd and Cutting, aside from the way it looks has little differences from most suburbs in surrounding areas.  It's 10th and below that's dangerous, just like in many other cities in the US that have their own bad areas. 

I see the same traits you complain about in white people as well as others.  also, i see it in reverse just the same.

Dr. King did so much to bring civil rights to the forefront of our society in a non violent way.  His effect will be everlasting, but not all encompassing. 

And BTW, Obama comes across as a loud mouth young officer to me.  But unless the repubs put up a good candidate (which they won't) I'll be voting for the Dem nominee who ever that is.

well, unfair that it may be, blacks have to try harder than your average white person.  its a white world and to get ahead you need to act, speak and dress white. I work near a superior court and see the way that many blacks come in.  They look like ghetto trash, aren't cleaned up and are defiant about the whole process despite the fact that they put themselves in this position.  Granted, there are tons of white people doing the same thing, but i see more trashy white people trying to play the game (put on their sunday best) than i do black people.  I'm not saying its fair that blacks need to act white to get ahead, but thats the way the world works.  If more black people would invest the money in nice clothes and education that they did rims, they'd do themselves a big favor.

As for Obama... he's the best thing going for black america.   If i were black i'd be campaigning hard for obama because of the chance/opportunity he represents for blacks to have a bigger voice.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 07:32:16 PM »

well, unfair that it may be, blacks have to try harder than your average white person.  its a white world and to get ahead you need to act, speak and dress white. I work near a superior court and see the way that many blacks come in.  They look like ghetto trash, aren't cleaned up and are defiant about the whole process despite the fact that they put themselves in this position.  Granted, there are tons of white people doing the same thing, but i see more trashy white people trying to play the game (put on their sunday best) than i do black people.  I'm not saying its fair that blacks need to act white to get ahead, but thats the way the world works.  If more black people would invest the money in nice clothes and education that they did rims, they'd do themselves a big favor.

As for Obama... he's the best thing going for black america.   If i were black i'd be campaigning hard for obama because of the chance/opportunity he represents for blacks to have a bigger voice.

You bring up some good points, but i think those center more on the individual rather than a group.  If you work near a court it's easy to see only the garbage come that comes in and somewhat apply that to a group.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 08:15:10 PM »
Well i also am out and about the entire bay area and my girl works in oakland so we make our judgements based on a variety of scenes we see on a daily basis.  We consistently see things that make us shake our heads.  I do not believe that in modern american that there should be parts of america where people fear to tread (parts of st louis, detroit, oakland, richmond, new york etc... u know the score) but all of these places are heavily inhabbited by blacks who resent the education system and do everything they can do create an atmosphere of racism that doesn't exist (racism exists, but not in the oppressive fasion many claim).  i will readily admit that there are racist people everywhere, but no one makes black people drop out of school, dress like shit and speak a foreign language.  My girlfriend grew up in ghetto santa ana and went to a crappy high school where she, the white girl, was the minority.  She worked hard and despite admitting to having horrible teachers most of her life, she got into, and graduated from a UC, and did not let the system hold her down like many blacks would claim in the same situation. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 08:24:32 AM »
Well i also am out and about the entire bay area and my girl works in oakland so we make our judgements based on a variety of scenes we see on a daily basis.  We consistently see things that make us shake our heads.  I do not believe that in modern american that there should be parts of america where people fear to tread (parts of st louis, detroit, oakland, richmond, new york etc... u know the score) but all of these places are heavily inhabbited by blacks who resent the education system and do everything they can do create an atmosphere of racism that doesn't exist (racism exists, but not in the oppressive fasion many claim).  i will readily admit that there are racist people everywhere, but no one makes black people drop out of school, dress like shit and speak a foreign language.  My girlfriend grew up in ghetto santa ana and went to a crappy high school where she, the white girl, was the minority.  She worked hard and despite admitting to having horrible teachers most of her life, she got into, and graduated from a UC, and did not let the system hold her down like many blacks would claim in the same situation. 

Ehhh,  yeah i hear ya.  We all have challenges and as a whole they are hardly equal.  Everyone, especially in the bay area, has opportunity regardless of the color of their skin. 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 01:20:23 PM »
Ehhh,  yeah i hear ya.  We all have challenges and as a whole they are hardly equal.  Everyone, especially in the bay area, has opportunity regardless of the color of their skin. 

thats what kills me man, i know people who have gotten involved in bad shit in richmond, oakland, antioch, SF... and these were smart people who somehow believed they were doing the right thing by breaking the law.  There is an atmosphere in black to culture to not just resent white people and us law/govt but ALL forms of authority.  i understand that if my people had been enslaved for hundreds of years and treated like shit until the last 40 (barely) years i'd be a bit hesitant as well, but when you hear black people complaining about how they go to jail "just for dealing drugs - nothing violent" you have to wonder what the basis of that statement is.   Do they not recognize that they've broken a law no matter if they agree with it or not?   Believe me, i think pot should be legal, but if i got arrested for dealing it, i wouldn't say that it should be legal and that i'm a victim.  I'd say i fucked up and got busted... pretty obvious what happened... to me at least.