Author Topic: Breaking Figure International News - Valerie Waugaman Withdraws!  (Read 3137 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Sad but true Waugamaniacs. Valerie Waugaman has withdrawn from the 2008 Figure International.

For more details visit: http://www.hardbody.com/news/2008/01/21/valerie-waugaman-out-of-the-figure-international/
Elevate Your Image.™

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
Re: Breaking Figure International News - Valerie Waugaman Withdraws!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 07:04:49 PM »
No Amanda, and now no Valerie.  :(

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 07:41:51 PM »
No Mary Ladeo.

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 09:24:25 PM »
The figure side of things just got a lot more interesting...but for all the wrong reasons. What else is gonna happen between now and the Arnold? What else?!?!  :(

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:04:38 AM »
The figure side of things just got a lot more interesting...but for all the wrong reasons. What else is gonna happen between now and the Arnold? What else?!?!  :(

All the wrong reasons?  I don't know about anyone else that dropped out, but I hope the reason Valerie will not be competing is a positive one...for her at least.  Given the American Gladiator's success, I could see how this may have interfered with prep for the Arnold (just speculation of course).

I for one am very interested to see who will rise to the occasion in Columbus on the Figure side.  I can say that I'll miss Mary, Jenny, Val and others, but it really opens up the doors for a new set of stars in the sport. 

For fitness as well, several top contenders not in the mix will make things VERY intersting for the Fitness International as well.

Rick

Danitza

• Getbig II
  • Oddo's Angel here!!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »
I think you're right Rick. It will be interesting for both Figure and Fitness at the Arnold this year. In addition, I think as times change....competitors will also. For both Figure and Fitness there are always going to be evolving competitors. It's weird to not see certain names on the competitor list...but at the same time, it's exciting to see younger competitors up there making a name for themself.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 11:15:38 AM »
All the wrong reasons?  I don't know about anyone else that dropped out, but I hope the reason Valerie will not be competing is a positive one...for her at least.  Given the American Gladiator's success, I could see how this may have interfered with prep for the Arnold (just speculation of course).

I for one am very interested to see who will rise to the occasion in Columbus on the Figure side.  I can say that I'll miss Mary, Jenny, Val and others, but it really opens up the doors for a new set of stars in the sport. 

For fitness as well, several top contenders not in the mix will make things VERY intersting for the Fitness International as well.

Rick
Ya gotta like the chances of Gina Aliotti, Jen Gates and Sonia Adcock for the title given their 2007 season but a few others will be in the mix for that top 6 spot.

Tanji and Adela out of the lineup you have to figure that opens up two spots in the top 6.

Definitely will be more exciting this year with some new blood but don't count out the seasoned vets.
Elevate Your Image.™

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
Yeah...I typed the "wrong reasons" thing because the only thing I knew was V-Dub withdrew, that's all. But after seeing that AG might have something to do with it, I won't complain.

In other words, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions.  :(

However, this has gotten me more interested in the fitness/figure side of the Arnold, although "the usual suspects" will be missed on stage for one reason or another.  Gina, Sonya, and Jen's chances of taking home one of the top titles in figure have went up dramically now with a big threat no longer in the title hunt. Fitness will see a new top six emerge, which should be exciting due to the depth of talent this year.

As the father of ECW, Paul Heyman, once said, "Where there's chaos, there's opportunity." Let's see who takes these words by heart next month.

February, hurry up and get here already! LOL.  ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 07:42:07 AM »
Definitely will be more exciting this year with some new blood...

Finally, a company man who publicly admits that the 'same old show' is not exciting. 

Well done, Isaac.  I knew you'd eventually get onboard.   ;)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 09:07:22 AM »
Finally, a company man who publicly admits that the 'same old show' is not exciting. 

Well done, Isaac.  I knew you'd eventually get onboard.   ;)
That's the third time you've said something similar over the last 1.5 years.

Fitness is always exciting. The women do those flips and things such as cartwheels and such as.  8)
Elevate Your Image.™

fitclub

• Getbig I
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 09:20:28 AM »
Will Val be at the Arnold Expo working at any booths? I know she has many fans that would love to stop by and see her.  Her presence will definitely be missed on that stage. Hopefully she will still do a few of the other upcoming shows in '08.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
Elevate Your Image.™

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 01:19:28 PM »
Getting in contest shape is hard on an already tired body. As much as I wanted to see her on stage I wouldn't want her to risk her her career in both the IFBB and American Gladiators rushing to prepare for a show 5 weeks away. I wonder if Tanji is doing the same?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 07:22:20 AM »
wow...