Author Topic: An Ancient Story of Forbidden Wisdom  (Read 912 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
An Ancient Story of Forbidden Wisdom
« on: January 22, 2008, 02:01:32 PM »
     "There was never a time when the world began, because it goes round and round like a circle, and there is no place on a circle where it begins. Look at my watch, which tells the time; it goes round. And so the world repeats itself again and again. But just as the hour-hand of the watch goes up to twelve and down to six, so, too, there is day and night, waking and sleeping, living and dying, summer and winter. You can’t have any one of these without the other, because you wouldn’t be able to know what black is unless you had seen it side-by-side with white, or white unless side-by-side with black

In the same way, there are times when the world is, and times when it isn’t, for if the world went on and on without rest for ever and ever, it would get horribly tired of itself. It comes and it goes. Now you see it, now you don’t. So because it doesn’t get tired of itself, it always comes back again after it disappears. It’s like your breath: it goes in and out, in and out, and if you try to hold it in all the time you feel terrible. It’s also like the game of hide-and-seek, because it’s always fun to find new ways of hiding, and to seek for someone who doesn’t always hide in the same place.

God also likes to play hide-and-seek, but because there’s nothing outside God, he has no one but himself to play with. But he gets over this difficulty by pretending that he is not himself. This is his way of hiding from himself. He pretends that he is you and I and all the people in the world, all the animals, all the plants, all the rocks, and all the stars. In this way he has strange and wonderful adventures, some of which are terrible and frightening. Butt these are just like bad dreams, for when he wakes up they will disappear.

Now when God plays hide and pretends that he is you and I, he does it so well that it takes him a long time to remember where and how he hid himself. But that’s the whole fun of it-just what he wanted to do. He doesn’t want to find himself too quickly, for that would spoil the game. That is why it is so difficult for you and me to find out that we are God in disguise, pretending not to be himself. But when the game has gone on long enough, all of us will wake up, stop pretending, and remember that we are all one single Self- the God who is all that there is and who lives for ever and ever.

Of course, you must remember that God isn’t shaped like a person. People have skins and there is always something outside our skins. If there weren’t, we wouldn’t know the difference between what is inside and outside our bodies. But God has no skin and no shape because there isn’t any outside to him. The inside and the outside of God are the same. And though I have been talking about God as a ‘he’ and not ‘she,’ God isn’t a man or a woman. I didn’t say ‘it’ because we usually say ‘it’ for things that aren’t alive.

God is the Self of the world, but you can’t see God for the same reason that, without a mirror, you can’t see your own eyes, and you certainly can’t bite your own teeth or look inside your head. Your self is that cleverly hidden because it is God hiding.

You may ask why God sometimes hides in the form of horrible people, or pretends to be people who suffer great disease and pain. Remember, first , that he isn’t really doing this to anyone but himself. Remember, too, that in almost all the stories you enjoy there have to be bad people as well as good people, for the thrill of the tale is to find out how the good people will get the better of the bad. It’s the same as when we play cards. At the beginning of the game we shuffle them all into a mess, which is like the bad things in the world, but the point of the game is to put the mess into good order, and the one who does it best is the winner. Then we shuffle the cards once more and play again, and so it goes with the world.”

-Alan Watts retelling his version of an ancient Indian story from around 800 B.C.
~

laurion

• Getbig III
Re: An Ancient Story of Forbidden Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 05:39:09 PM »
Bodybuilding ?  ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:02:46 PM »
   Now when God plays hide and pretends that he is you and I, he does it so well that it takes him a long time to remember where and how he hid himself. But that’s the whole fun of it-just what he wanted to do. He doesn’t want to find himself too quickly, for that would spoil the game. That is why it is so difficult for you and me to find out that we are God in disguise, pretending not to be himself. But when the game has gone on long enough, all of us will wake up, stop pretending, and remember that we are all one single Self- the God who is all that there is and who lives for ever and ever.

yes things like that motivate me to live and live it up but be godly and loving at the same time

so far i havent figured out to get 100% of the 18 year old fine ass hoes

but i know i would have a 95% success rate if i was 3% bodyfat and a celeb or athlete

that is the goal first is to get in that ultimate shape that we all envision ourselfs to be and learn how to stay there , getting there ('starving'/moderate workout) and staying there (moderate food and workout)

im close but a few things im tinkering out

but we dont want to figure out the game to early in our lives

start from the beginning and act like god
do something retarted and say "im going to complete 800 pushups today" have fun with it eat an unlimited amount of food if you need to
try a retarted diet method only take in 400 calories for the day just to see if you can do it, you might come close and you might come to find out its an easy and fast method
god creates many possibilities . you must take part and create. achieve a new ripped level and aquire the finest hoes or whatever you desire in life!
A

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:19:06 PM »
Yes! You have a divine mission to crack open as many fine assed 18 yr old hoes as possible and sculpt the physique of the alpha-reptoid.

I will share some more of my self-proclaimed wisdom to Getbig because that's one way my existence finds importance.  8)

Each of us are just individual expressions of the universe. We are who we are just like some birds are eagles and some doves, some flowers lillies and some roses. I like to use the analogy that life is like a wave. It rises, although remains part of the whole body of water, soars for a little while, then crashes and settles. Some soar higher and take longer to settle and some barely make a ripple. You control the tide of your own life.

Here is a quote from a man who had cosmic consciousness:

When you make the two one, and when you make the inner as the outer and the outer as the inner and the above as the below then shall you enter the kingdom... I am the Light that is above them all, I am the All, the All came forth from Me and the All attained the Me. Cleave a piece of wood, I am there; lift up the stone and you will find me there.

-Jesus
~

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 01:58:37 AM »
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO