Author Topic: UFC gambles on untested Brock Lesnar  (Read 5298 times)

spinnis

Re: UFC gambles on untested Brock Lesnar
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2008, 02:40:46 AM »
I just hope that one of lesnars long ass arms does´nt get stuck lol :)

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2008, 02:59:16 AM »
well. mir in his prime was a very good fighter.. things have changed since his prime though.. but, lesner?.. i dont think so.. i think mir knows this is his shot to get back some respect in the division.. lesner is nothing but window dressing to sell another pay for view.. if he loses he will be thrown out with the bath water.. unfortunately, the ufc is turning into the wwe .. no rankings, just who ever they think will sell ppv regardless of skill.. if you remember the winner of the jardine / lidell fight was supposed to take on silvia.. well the ufc fully expected lidell to take jardine easily.. the wiiner gets silvia.. well, it did not goes as planned and jardine pummelled liddell.. so, jardine gets the fight and a chance to make some money.. BUT NO.. ufc/danawhite pushes him out of the way and still has liddell fight him.. that lose should have technically pushed liddell down the ranking quite a bit.. but, since they have no ranking system  ::). they screwed jardine.. anyway.. sorry for the rant.. but, i am losing respect for the ufc.. :'(
I agree totally with your post.Rankings should be everything it is a sport afterall.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2008, 08:26:55 AM »
Lesner should have stayed in the WWE. More cash.

Good move by Lesnar.  To show that he can really SCRAP!
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2008, 12:10:58 PM »
Brock Lesnar is "THE NEXT BIG THING" in MMA!!!  He will destroy everyone they put in the octagon against him---including KIMBO SLICE....

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2008, 12:26:38 PM »
well. mir in his prime was a very good fighter.. things have changed since his prime though.. but, lesner?.. i dont think so.. i think mir knows this is his shot to get back some respect in the division.. lesner is nothing but window dressing to sell another pay for view.. if he loses he will be thrown out with the bath water.. unfortunately, the ufc is turning into the wwe .. no rankings, just who ever they think will sell ppv regardless of skill.. if you remember the winner of the jardine / lidell fight was supposed to take on silvia.. well the ufc fully expected lidell to take jardine easily.. the wiiner gets silvia.. well, it did not goes as planned and jardine pummelled liddell.. so, jardine gets the fight and a chance to make some money.. BUT NO.. ufc/danawhite pushes him out of the way and still has liddell fight him.. that lose should have technically pushed liddell down the ranking quite a bit.. but, since they have no ranking system  ::). they screwed jardine.. anyway.. sorry for the rant.. but, i am losing respect for the ufc.. :'(

Silva not Silvia

big14

• Getbig III
  • Big muscles are so cool
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2008, 12:42:14 PM »
People are so foolish.
Lessnar is a joke.

MMA noobfans are a joke.
B

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2008, 02:35:06 PM »
Lesnar is a smart guy, he knows that wrestling will always be there so why not try your hand at other things.  NFL didn't work out but I am sure that he got paid, the practice squad guys make more than the top bodybuilders and more than most wrestlers.
in MMA he will fight 2/3 times per year and make good money..also if he is successfull he will be able to negotiate with the WWE from a position of strength.

also to me (I have no proof of this) the WWE seems to be dying a slow death where as MMA has taken off.  Vince McMahon is a smart guy and is probably trying to capture some of MMA's fame so I expect him to try and start a new MMA federation...so he might throw big money at Lesnar

With all due respect SP that is totally incorrect. Im not sure where you get your information from but Lesnar was CUT from the Vikings..... and you dont get "paid" unless you make the team. Get Cut= NO PAY   Make TEAM= GET PAID!
Each NFL team had b/t 8-12 practice guys on the roster ( I forgot the exact number) and the make about $70 per season. Plus can get a decent per diem for off season workouts. So yes you are correct they still make more then alot of the top bbers.