Author Topic: Ben White BACKS DOWN to Johnny Jackson in strength challenge  (Read 17519 times)

driverant

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Ben White BACKS DOWN to Johnny Jackson in strength challenge
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 08:59:58 AM »
I saw a video of Ben White at MD web site, he was bench pressing and he did 3 plate's each side for 15 reps, he's like; "As you can see these are all free weights, no machine's, strict form you can see I go al lthe way down and not bounce it"

::)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 09:05:03 AM »
I saw a video of Ben White at MD web site, he was bench pressing and he did 3 plate's each side for 15 reps, he's like; "As you can see these are all free weights, no machine's, strict form you can see I go al lthe way down and not bounce it"

::)

I can't understand how he possibly went from 315 pounds for 15 reps - up to 405 pounds for 10 reps - almost overnight.

He wrote it in this month's MD - so it's at least a month old - that he does 405 x 10. 

Last month, he did the 315 x 15 reps on flat bench.

Somehow he magically added 90 pounds to his working set, overnight.  Is he being misleading about using 405?
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

driverant

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 09:09:05 AM »
I can't understand how he possibly went from 315 pounds for 15 reps - up to 405 pounds for 10 reps - almost overnight.

He wrote it in this month's MD - so it's at least a month old - that he does 405 x 10. 

Somehow he magically added 90 pounds to his working set, overnight.  Is he being misleading about using 405?

That 315 for 15 reps were VERY easy looking... he didn't even do it with focuse, just easy steady reps... I can think he does 405 for 10 hard reps... but his form is VERY good!

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 09:26:46 AM »
his claims are complete horseshit as well but having seen both of them on video JOJ seems like a very nice humble guy and Ben White just seems liek an arrogant, pompous, insecure asshole who really ain't all that big.
i told you guys last year, after the nats (06)i went to eat with some people and we ended up at the same place that white and his party were at. he was acting like a dick with the wait staff. chick was there as well as heath, rambod (telling heath what to eat), j. freeman (one of the biggest humans ive ever seen) and a few others. he was a diiiiiiiick!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 09:32:58 AM »
As they're both Muscletech athletes, JoJ accepted. 

What does that have to do with anything? 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008, 09:33:45 AM »
they both suck.

jj would be killed by a strong lifter like jay cutler.

Ben White, should have kept his mouth silent, and then challenged JOJ after he did well in contest...make a name by having the physique and the strength to back it up. Then talk shit. Because all he is known for now is, shit talking, a heavily detailed back, and bitch tits.

All I know is Ben White had more detail in his back than Jay could ever wish for...

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008, 09:38:10 AM »
Johnnie Jackson is a weak pussy and isnt strong.  ::) LOL! Ya ok. Do you forget hes ALSO a powerlifter?  Jackson doesnt have the same size as Coleman, and Coleman may be stronger than jackson in a few lifts, but for the most part I believe Jackson can easily hang in there with coleman. Same with Cutler. I forget what magazine it was, but i remember reading Cutler saying that hes trained with Coleman before, and said he didnt go as heavy as Coleman did but still hung in there with him.

spinnis

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 09:39:36 AM »
I really wanted Ben to destroy JOJ  :(

BigSexy50

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »

I know Ben, he is a cock, but I have never seen anyone stronger on the bench in person.  I think his best was 505 for 10 reps.  He used to train at Albany Strength, a powerlifting gym in Albany.  They have a website, and there are clips of him doing some sick stuff.  He dicks around on his chest workout because he is already so thick from the years of heavy benching.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 09:41:04 AM »
Johnny is clearly stronger all around.I think he  totaled 2135 or so in a full meet.However,lets not minimize Ben's benching ability.I was there when he benched 700 for the first time.He did it in a single ply Inzer shirt,the same one Johnny used to bench in the low to mid 500s[I was also at that meet].So Ben can bench,no doubt.However,if your going to say "I'm the strongest",then you should at least step up and be ready to squat and pull.

Until Ben out totales Johnny,which doesn't look like will happen,then he is not stronger.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008, 09:52:42 AM »
Johnny is clearly stronger all around.I think he  totaled 2135 or so in a full meet.However,lets not minimize Ben's benching ability.I was there when he benched 700 for the first time.He did it in a single ply Inzer shirt,the same one Johnny used to bench in the low to mid 500s[I was also at that meet].So Ben can bench,no doubt.However,if your going to say "I'm the strongest",then you should at least step up and be ready to squat and pull.

Until Ben out totales Johnny,which doesn't look like will happen,then he is not stronger.

I've asked this in another thread, but what's the point of a powerlifting total using a suit/shirt?   If the man can push 600 raw isn't that impressive on it's own.....why the need to lift with the shirt?   So what if it brings the bench total to 700lbs?   Either way the man is still pushing his max of 600.  I don't get it....is the shirt awarded a prize as well?

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008, 10:12:14 AM »

well, now Ben White is backing down.

He refuses to do deadlifts or squats.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008, 10:16:58 AM »

Ben White  ::)

He may have 50lbs on JOJ in a raw bench, but he can't claim anything if he refuses to squat or dead.  I can respect him not wanting to get hurt, but just cause he "may" have an edge on the bench doesn't mean a thing overall.  Just another shittalkin bencher that quivers when he walks by a squat rack.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2008, 10:19:40 AM »
I dont know why we have shirts.Why did pole vaulters go from bamboo poles to aluminum?Why did golf go from wood clubs to titanium?Why did tennis go to oversized rackets?Why do they allow swimmers to use super suits?Anything to increase performance.If there is an extra pound to be gained people will use it.Why do bodybuilders inject synthol into lagging bodyparts?Does the syringe get an award at the end of the show as well?

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2008, 10:20:51 AM »
I know Ben, he is a cock, but I have never seen anyone stronger on the bench in person.  I think his best was 505 for 10 reps.  He used to train at Albany Strength, a powerlifting gym in Albany.  They have a website, and there are clips of him doing some sick stuff.  He dicks around on his chest workout because he is already so thick from the years of heavy benching.

Link? Photos? Useless without either....

Not dissing you man, just want to see if this big mouth can back up some of his claims.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »
What a bitch.
Ronnie and Johnny would squat him to a pulp!  8)

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 10:25:38 AM »
joj chest is thick as hell, one of the thickest in the pros imo, not to big of a deal if he gets out benched a lil bit, he will own him on squats and deads...didn't he say he did 615 on squats like 17 times or something crazy

Mcmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 10:38:20 AM »
Jonnie Jackson would fuck him up big time!
White should keep his mouth shut...him badell,q taylor and kamili should drink a big glass of shuthefuckup juice! this aint the wwf and will hopefully never be....we need humble healthy rolemodels, so since the health part aint gonna happend, lets get rid of the bastard who need a reality check!
peace

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 10:40:47 AM »
Link? Photos? Useless without either....

Not dissing you man, just want to see if this big mouth can back up some of his claims.

http://www.albanystrength.com/BenchVideos.htm

he's got a 505x9 raw and then some shirted work. on the bench the dude would KILL ronnie and johnnie (sorry, JoJ might be able to rep 405 for a few and ronnie bounces 495x5). looks like he doesn't do much squatting or pulling, though.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 10:41:35 AM »
his claims are complete horseshit as well but having seen both of them on video JOJ seems like a very nice humble guy and Ben White just seems liek an arrogant, pompous, insecure asshole who really ain't all that big.

He did deadlift 800 lbs though.. That's not light feat.

His upperbody strength claims are bullshit. The 800 lb deadlift is not.

Ronnie was the strongest bodybuilder ever! 495 bench for 5!

Mcmuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 10:45:39 AM »

he's got a 505x9 raw and then some shirted work. on the bench the dude would KILL ronnie and johnnie (sorry, JoJ might be able to rep 405 for a few and ronnie bounces 495x5). looks like he doesn't do much squatting or pulling, though.

IT WASNT JUST THE BENCHPRESS.....ronnie and jonnie would KILL him in a squat, bench and deadlift challenge....why do you think he backed down dude?!
peace

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 10:51:54 AM »

Shit, not bad, I am impressed. Now if he can shut that trap, he might be an ok pro!

Thealmightyronald

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »
He slacks off during his chest workout on MD, but he can bench a fair amount. Here's a few shirted vids from bench meets.

&feature=related

BigSexy50

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 11:44:33 AM »
He slacks off during his chest workout on MD, but he can bench a fair amount. Here's a few shirted vids from bench meets.

&feature=related

He bodybuilds now because he tested positive for DECA at a tested meet, and was banned for three years.

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 02:41:05 PM »
i remember reading the ben white interveiw a couple of moths ago in MD, its was interesting he was talking shit about almost every pro out there saying that he will win 9 MR O's how he is the strongest man alive....
but i didn't hate it. it might actually be what this sport needs a bit more controversy. i'm sick of always hearing from pro's there is nothing i can do it's all up to the judges man the best man win.THATS HORSE SHIT, finally someone is saying that they will win that they are the best (i'm not saying that its true i really doubt ben will ever really amount to anything) but its still good to have some one say something different adn not the same old shit over and over again...
and no this is not a melt down just expressing my opinion
there's no magic pills... just needles