Author Topic: Ben White BACKS DOWN to Johnny Jackson in strength challenge  (Read 17441 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Ben White BACKS DOWN to Johnny Jackson in strength challenge
« on: January 23, 2008, 07:34:13 AM »
Turns out the self-proclaimed "greatest" - despite having never competed in an IFBB show - might not be so great after all.

In this month's MD, Ben White announces that he refuses to accept JoJ's 3-lift challenge.  White declares that squats and deadlifts are too dangerous.

Remember that Ben challenged JoJ to a strength competition, claiming he was the strongest bodybuilder in the world.  As they're both Muscletech athletes, JoJ accepted. 

Im disappointed in Ben White.  He's supposedly "The Greatest", but he's never done a pro show.  He's supposedly "The Strongest Bodybuilder in the World", yet he refuses to do 2 of the 3 main bodybuilding/powerlifting lifts.  I'm beginning to think the only thing Ben White is good at, is telling everyone how great he is, without backing it up.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

m8

• Getbig V
Re: Ben White BACKS DOWN to Johnny Jackson in strength challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:36:19 AM »
Johnnie Jackson is a man who can lift heavy ass weights.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:36:57 AM »
Turns out the self-proclaimed "greatest" - despite having never competed in an IFBB show - might not be so great after all.

In this month's MD, Ben White announces that he refuses to accept JoJ's 3-lift challenge.  White declares that squats and deadlifts are too dangerous.

Remember that Ben challenged JoJ to a strength competition, claiming he was the strongest bodybuilder in the world.  As they're both Muscletech athletes, JoJ accepted. 

Im disappointed in Ben White.  He's supposedly "The Greatest", but he's never done a pro show.  He's supposedly "The Strongest Bodybuilder in the World", yet he refuses to do 2 of the 3 main bodybuilding/powerlifting lifts.  I'm beginning to think the only thing Ben White is good at, is telling everyone how great he is, without backing it up.

he's the typical arrogant bench and arm work only "bodybuilder" who wouldn't squat or deadlift to save his life, you should have heard him rambling on and on in his MD training clip about how he'd destroy JOJ and all the guy did was 4 sets of flat benches with the heaviest set being 315 for 10 and then 2 hours of machine work, he's a phony.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 07:38:08 AM »
I remember first reading about Ben White and thinking what an arrogant asshole he was. Saying he was the greatest, that he has the potential to beat ronnies streak and that hes stronger than JOJ. What a pussy to talk SO much shit and back down :)
X

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 07:41:28 AM »

All Musclecrap hype.

Kid will have a rude awakening in the IFBB! Ben ran his mouth in MD and that shit does not fly with the vets. Watch out Ben, New York Pro is no USA's.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 07:42:07 AM »
I remember first reading about Ben White and thinking what an arrogant asshole he was. Saying he was the greatest, that he has the potential to beat ronnies streak and that hes stronger than JOJ. What a pussy to talk SO much shit and back down :)
he's truly ALL TALK if i've ever seen it, take a look at his chest training clip on MD, it's the most pathetic thing you'll ever see, the guy is smooth and small as the day is long and he makes all kinds of claims of what he's going to do and then calls it a day on the flat bench with 315. ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 07:43:31 AM »
they both suck.

jj would be killed by a strong lifter like jay cutler.
Z

Stavios

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 07:44:47 AM »
JOJ is the strongest man alive

he does upright rows with 315 lbs for 12 reps  ::)

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 07:45:02 AM »

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 07:47:41 AM »
JOJ is the strongest man alive

he does upright rows with 315 lbs for 12 reps  ::)
his claims are complete horseshit as well but having seen both of them on video JOJ seems like a very nice humble guy and Ben White just seems liek an arrogant, pompous, insecure asshole who really ain't all that big.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 07:48:00 AM »
he's truly ALL TALK if i've ever seen it, take a look at his chest training clip on MD, it's the most pathetic thing you'll ever see, the guy is smooth and small as the day is long and he makes all kinds of claims of what he's going to do and then calls it a day on the flat bench with 315. ::)

If you saw what his back workout was in MD, you would laugh. No really hardcore movements, and a lot of cables! And in the article he says he doesn't need deadlifts (forgot the reason he gave). It just does not make sense to claim you are stronger than JOJ and you don't even deadlift  ::)
X

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 07:48:47 AM »
joj isnt humble didnt he think he was stronger than coleman?

he's a weak ass pussy

it's a good thing for him coleman and cutler dont destroy him and that he only gets to train with pussies like branch warren
Z

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 07:49:56 AM »
Meh. What about a calf workout challenge. Can't see anyone losing to JOJ, there.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 07:50:51 AM »
Meh. What about a calf workout challenge. Can't see anyone losing to JOJ, there.

yes these challenges need to change and stop being bout pussy lifts and start being about real lifts like donkey raises, triceps kickbacks and curls with the e-z- bar
Z

Stavios

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 07:51:39 AM »
his claims are complete horseshit as well but having seen both of them on video JOJ seems like a very nice humble guy and Ben White just seems liek an arrogant, pompous, insecure asshole who really ain't all that big.

I agree that in the muscletech ads, Ben White doesn't look like a pro at all

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 07:53:10 AM »
I agree that in the muscletech ads, Ben White doesn't look like a pro at all
he's gonna have a rude awakening when he gets on a pro stage and sees the back thickness and leg size of some of his competitors and i'll gaurantee you he'll learn some humility.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 08:22:16 AM »

In the latest MD, he says he's worked his way back up to 4 sets of 10, with 405 pounds.

That's very strong - but lots of pros use that weight for reps.  It's nothing special.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 08:24:43 AM »
In the latest MD, he says he's worked his way back up to 4 sets of 10, with 405 pounds.

That's very strong - but lots of pros use that weight for reps.  It's nothing special.
hahahhaa, yeah 405 for 10 is "nothing special", ok "livewire".

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 08:26:44 AM »
hahahhaa, yeah 405 for 10 is "nothing special", ok "livewire".

That is his claim.  405 x 10.

When the cameras are rolling, he can only do 315.

As you know, they usually bulllshiit their lift claims.  So 405x10 is probably a stretch.  And for many top NPC or pro bodybuilders, and many powerlifters, 405 x 10 is good but not great.

So at the BEST, his exaggerated claims are average by top bodybuilder standards?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 08:27:29 AM »
joj isnt humble didnt he think he was stronger than coleman?

he's a weak ass pussy

it's a good thing for him coleman and cutler dont destroy him and that he only gets to train with pussies like branch warren
Actually your dead wrong. In one article he said he worked out with coleman and coleman warmed up with johnny's max (150) on inclined dumbell press. And putting cutlers name aside with colemans when talking about lifting not just throws your credibility down the toilet but shows you know jack about bodybuilding, Jay has never been known for being strong.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 08:30:58 AM »
That is his claim.  405 x 10.

When the cameras are rolling, he can only do 315.

As you know, they usually bulllshiit their lift claims.  So 405x10 is probably a stretch.  And for many top NPC or pro bodybuilders, and many powerlifters, 405 x 10 is good but not great.

So at the BEST, his exaggerated claims are average by top bodybuilder standards?
405 for 10 reps on barbell flat bench is awesome for anyone not named Mendelson or Kennelly don't kid yourself, you've been reading too much Flex magazine and watching too many fake lifting clips on youtube. ::)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 08:38:28 AM »
405 for 10 reps on barbell flat bench is awesome for anyone not named Mendelson or Kennelly don't kid yourself, you've been reading too much Flex magazine and watching too many fake lifting clips on youtube. ::)

BUT

Since We all know Ben White bullshits abuot everything else ("I'll win 9 Olympias!")

and since when he DID train, it was 315x10...

Why in the world would anyone believe he can even do 405x10?

I mean, it's a tremendous jump, to go from 315x10, up to 405x10... he claims to have done it in one month.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »
Actually your dead wrong. In one article he said he worked out with coleman and coleman warmed up with johnny's max (150) on inclined dumbell press. And putting cutlers name aside with colemans when talking about lifting not just throws your credibility down the toilet but shows you know jack about bodybuilding, Jay has never been known for being strong.

jay is strong like a bull. watch him in jay to the z and he dont use no pussy ass wraps etc like coleman
Z

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 08:46:46 AM »
he's the typical arrogant bench and arm work only "bodybuilder" who wouldn't squat or deadlift to save his life, you should have heard him rambling on and on in his MD training clip about how he'd destroy JOJ and all the guy did was 4 sets of flat benches with the heaviest set being 315 for 10 and then 2 hours of machine work, he's a phony.

Yes I watched this clip an hour ago he claims he can bench 315 for 30 and 405 for 20 ahhaahhaahha......howeve r when he does 315 in the clip he can only do it for 12 or so.......brutal self ownage!

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 08:49:21 AM »
is ben white the next king kamalli?