Author Topic: Your favorite wrestling moment...  (Read 4928 times)

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Your favorite wrestling moment...
« on: January 23, 2008, 08:20:43 AM »
Whether it be form WWE/F, WCW, ECW, TNA, CZW, Japan, Mexico, whatever.

Here is mine

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Your favorite wrestling moment...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:49:49 AM »
The original outsiders-Hall and Nash.and when Hogan turned heel the fist time with them and all the fans were showering the ring with debris ;D that was awesome.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 11:00:48 AM »
The original outsiders-Hall and Nash.and when Hogan turned heel the fist time with them and all the fans were showering the ring with debris ;D that was awesome.
haha, I remember that. It was Bash at the Beach. I went and watched in on youtube and Hogan looks like he weighs 185.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 01:47:01 PM »
Teddy Long (Peanut Head) was running his mouth about his boy Rodney Mack...said something like, "No white man can last five minutes with Rodney Mack."  Then this happened...

~

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »
hmmmmmm....

I would say Nailz jumping out of the crowd and beating Bossman to a pulp. I thought that shit was real at the time. I got all upset.

the other would be when Hogan got revenge on Don Maurocco and King Kong Bundy for breaking his ribs.
$

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 05:15:22 AM »
easily when Hogan slammed Andre at wrestlemania 3.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 05:22:15 AM »
easily when Hogan slammed Andre at wrestlemania 3.

I was there, it was pretty cool. Must have been 20,000 cameras going off when he picked him up.
E

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 07:21:42 AM »
if you want old school theatrics snuka cage jump to a rolling over backlund ,good bloody match.snuka and magnifent muraco revenge cage match snuka leaped again but nailed muraco after match over and put belt on muracos chest and walked out.wrestling is a diluted and totally off the wall scripted scene now and progress is good but this is stupid,what i find sad is when mcmahon runs the old school era guys out and embarreses them with the modern scripts and u could see they clearly are not fit to be doing this form of entertainment now,but i guess if your wrestling over 40 yrs a little laugh on your expense is ok to vince.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 01:43:55 PM »
Mr. Perfect had put a figure four on Bret Hart....hart turned it over into the sharpshooter......curt tapped out. Best moment.

2nd best was when Earthquake sat on Jake the Snakes 'damien' .... hahhahhaha
L

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 03:01:22 PM »
Mr. Perfect had put a figure four on Bret Hart....hart turned it over into the sharpshooter......curt tapped out. Best moment.

I remember that.  One of the greatest matches ever. 
~

Buzz363

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 03:07:24 PM »
During Uncle Elmer's wedding someone bounced an xl container of pop off his brides head. It was a touching moment.
 ;D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 03:37:44 PM »
During Uncle Elmer's wedding someone bounced an xl container of pop off his brides head. It was a touching moment.
 ;D

It certainly was.  I cried.  Remember Mean Gene playing the organ?  He was used to Mr. McMahon's organ so he was having trouble keeping up... ::)
~

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 03:39:42 PM »

that was a great match, both close to their prime and very entertaining. they dont have that anymore.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »
 ;D

my father beat the shit out of me for saying Uncle Elmer resembled my Uncle Doug
$

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 08:24:04 AM »

Curt was like Ricky Steamboat. He had great resilience.
If he missed a spot, he could easily pick right back up, continue on, and you’d never tell.

In one of the 50+ shoot interviews Hart did, he mentioned that that was one of the qualities that made Curt one of his favorite & greatest opponents.

Others like Macho Man – who was also a great performer – needed to lay out the entire match ahead of time. EVERYTHING had to be planned. And if a spot was missed, there was a definite break in the rhythm of the match as they improvised until the next spot.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 08:46:07 AM »
My favorite moment was WrestleMania III –

Roddy Piper’s retirement match (and Adrian Adonis’ last PPV).

Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage (easily match of the year).

The incredible commentating team of the late, great Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse Ventura, and Bobby Heenan.

The legendary Hulk Hogan / Andre feud.

The six-man tag match between the British Bulldogs/Tito Santana vs. the Dream Team/Danny Davis (although you could see Dynamite talking a good bit to Bret during the match).

Indoor attendance record of 93,173 in Detroit’s Ponitac Silverdome. The Pope was there a short time later and only drew about 60,000. WrestleMania outdrew the Pope!

This WM marked what I consider to be pro wrestling’s greatest peak of the 80’s. The industry would not experience a boom like this until 10 years later with the birth of the “Attitude Era” of Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rock, etc.