Author Topic: I'm new here, too  (Read 14660 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: I'm new here, too
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2008, 07:59:13 PM »

LOL cut it out!  Sioux looks out for the women, and there's nothing wrong with that.  You ever wonder why there aren't a lot of women who post on this board?  Most women don't take well to being called derogatory names.  Shit, some women don't like me simply for the fact that I DO post here!
I don't have to worry about timeout and stuff like that here because (a) there are not that many women here and (b) the ones who post here know what's up with this place and have a pretty good sense of humor.  I've never been a big deleter and I don't support banning except for the really necessary ones, so NO, I wouldn't want the ability to put anyone in timeout or anything like that.  I am totally fine leaving that up to ron.  Ron, however, is very responsive, communicative, and helpful...not like people who run some other boards.
Sioux did a good job as a mod at MD...he did exactly what they wanted him to do.  As for trying to get posters to go with him to another board, I FULLY supported that and tried to help him with that as much as I could!! 

Why do you think that is Rip?  Sounds weird.  I do find it real strange also that more women dont post here?  I really cant understand it, there are more women BB out there than that.

Is it because if they post up a pic or something 20 jerk offs will chime in with silly insults?  Its a shame it has to be that way around here.  Too bad cause it could be a great forum.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2008, 06:45:52 AM »
Why do you think that is Rip?  Sounds weird.  I do find it real strange also that more women dont post here?  I really cant understand it, there are more women BB out there than that.

Is it because if they post up a pic or something 20 jerk offs will chime in with silly insults?  Its a shame it has to be that way around here.  Too bad cause it could be a great forum.

Alot of people have a mis-conception about GB...they don't give it enough of a chance to get past the shit.  Most look at the board once or twice (or just go by what other people say) and conclude that it's nothing but trolls.  I was labelled a troll, trouble maker, and shit stirrer simply because I post on this board.  Just the other day, someone in the industry told me in no uncertain terms that he will NOT support any woman who willingly associates themselves with this board.   ::)

I think what it is is that most female competitors who post on message boards do so for two primary reasons: (1) to network/chat with/meet other female competitors and (2) to promote something.  I guess they don't see GB as a good place for either one of those.  Alot of them take everything that is said about them on the board to heart, and they just can't stand the name-calling, flaming, or teasing. 
GB can be intimidating for women...I am pretty good at handling the shit cuz I don't take things too seriously and I have a pretty decent sense of humor...but it took me a long time and A LOT of convincing by a few people to get my ripitupbaby account going and start posting here.  (I've had an anonymous account here since 2005, but I never posted under it.)

Bottom line is that people take their messageboarding WAAAAAAAY too seriously...everyone needs to lighten up and have a little fun! 

There's alot of quality on this board...the FBB Board is one that is full of quality.   ;D 
And I can say for sure that I would not be where I am today with my bench pressing if it wasn't for the help and support of the guys on the powerlifting board.

:)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2008, 01:04:26 PM »

Alot of people have a mis-conception about GB...they don't give it enough of a chance to get past the shit.  Most look at the board once or twice (or just go by what other people say) and conclude that it's nothing but trolls.  I was labelled a troll, trouble maker, and shit stirrer simply because I post on this board.  Just the other day, someone in the industry told me in no uncertain terms that he will NOT support any woman who willingly associates themselves with this board.   ::)

I think what it is is that most female competitors who post on message boards do so for two primary reasons: (1) to network/chat with/meet other female competitors and (2) to promote something.  I guess they don't see GB as a good place for either one of those.  Alot of them take everything that is said about them on the board to heart, and they just can't stand the name-calling, flaming, or teasing. 
GB can be intimidating for women...I am pretty good at handling the shit cuz I don't take things too seriously and I have a pretty decent sense of humor...but it took me a long time and A LOT of convincing by a few people to get my ripitupbaby account going and start posting here.  (I've had an anonymous account here since 2005, but I never posted under it.)

Bottom line is that people take their messageboarding WAAAAAAAY too seriously...everyone needs to lighten up and have a little fun! 

There's alot of quality on this board...the FBB Board is one that is full of quality.   ;D 
And I can say for sure that I would not be where I am today with my bench pressing if it wasn't for the help and support of the guys on the powerlifting board.

Yeah I guess there whole internet thing has not caught on with a lot of BBs  I mean the NPC board for our state maybe has 100 posts the whole time its been up. I know Block was trying to drum up some enthusiasm for it and don't think it has really taken off much, just a few people on there.

GB has developed into a troll board and thats probally why they stay away, who needs all that negativity?

Yeah I think it should be fun but lots of people on the site have a different idea of what fun is.  Some of the people are funny but there is a difference between being funny and being cruel.  Your right you cant take things too serious especially from strangers you have never met, sometimes people need to be able to laugh at themselves.  But I'm sure most say why bother.

I would not really enjoy a site that was always serious like do 10 reps, eat 4 oz chicken or so and so won this how or meet blah, blah, blah. It needs to be about more than that and thats probally why GB has done so well.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2008, 04:46:08 AM »
I'm working on getting some more girls over here...it's just gonna take some time.  I wish Sarah Dunlap and Cindy Phillips would post here...they could liven things up a bit. 
This board's coming along though...we got some quality threads and good contributors.  It's come a looooooooooooong way just in the last several months.   :)

:)

FigureRX

• Getbig II
  • FigureRX.com - Everything Figure and Fitness
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2008, 07:56:42 AM »
My understanding is that the activity here was pretty significant as recently as last summer (they are always big throughout, I am talking about the member area).  Then things got particularly nasty in the fall and a lot of people were chased away, at the same time MD was ramping up largely due to siouxcountry's efforts and creating a friendly environment for athletes - and they were able to fill the void.  Now Getbig is in rebuilding mode and you are a great choice for the job.

I'm working on getting some more girls over here...it's just gonna take some time.  I wish Sarah Dunlap and Cindy Phillips would post here...they could liven things up a bit. 
This board's coming along though...we got some quality threads and good contributors.  It's come a looooooooooooong way just in the last several months.   :)