Author Topic: Gustavo needs to either get glasses or reality pills  (Read 3117 times)

evolutnbatista

• Getbig II
Gustavo needs to either get glasses or reality pills
« on: January 23, 2008, 11:14:28 PM »
In an interview on flex online he talks about the competition at the Ironman. Some delusional stuff!1
http://www.flexonline.com/flewonlineinterviewwithgustavobadell/news/296

FLEX: I’m going to name a competitor who you will be up against at either the Ironman or the Arnold Classic. Tell me why you will beat them.

Toney Freeman.
GB: He had a very good year last year. At the Olympia I beat him and I beat him many times. He beat me just once at the Arnold Classic [last year]. Toney is a great bodybuilder but Toney is 41 years old. I respect him and for sure he brings the best condition but Toney Freeman has problems with his chest, he’s got problems with his upper body always. Side by side with me I got a more complete package. He’s taller than me, so to be next to me and look good he needs to compete at 350, 400 pounds. Toney will be top five for sure. He needs to bring his A game of course but the day of the show – every body part, pose by pose, I’m gonna kill him. When we hit back shots, it’s gonna be like a kid next to me because my back shot is one of the best back shots in the world.

FLEX: Phil Heath.
GB: He has great potential in the sport, he’s got a lot, a lot of years to come to improve his physique and to bring his best to the sport. But something you can’t forget is it’s about time – I’ve been working in this sport for a long time. I’ve been competing for many, many years. I got more muscle maturity. He looks great but he needs beef. It’s not just about he gained 20 pounds, it’s about where those 20 pounds are going. What about when he turns around? What about his back? He doesn’t have the width you’re supposed to have to be a champion. He’s got a lot of time to improve his physique. But last year at the Arnold I was weighing like 25 pounds heavier than him with the same condition. He’s gonna be a top guy at this show, and I know he’s hungry and I respect him. He’s got a lot of years to come but right now, this is my prime time.

Atlantic

• Getbig III
Re: Gustavo needs to either get glasses or reality pills
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 11:23:11 PM »
phil should have place 3rd last year

and this year he should win

xjeffx

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:05:55 AM »
As a Gustavo fan i agree with him as far as having a beefier back then both those competitors, as well as Toney having issues with his chest. Unfortunately Gustavo struggles with waist issues as well as some gut hes bringing to the table hopefully for him he can dial that in for this year

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:09:12 AM »
i think he's a whiny deluded fool...

but at last years' arnold, heath did fade at the end, and gustavo got stronger.  their condition was the same by the end of the night, and gus was just bigger.

phil should crush him this year.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 10:12:04 AM »
I understand why people hate on Gustavo, but his 04/05 Olympia physique was pretty much dead on, imo, all politics aside he should of won 04 Olympia..

The_One77

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 11:12:47 AM »
I understand why people hate on Gustavo, but his 04/05 Olympia physique was pretty much dead on, imo, all politics aside he should of won 04 Olympia..

hell no, he shouldn't of even beaten Dexter
Only reason he came third was because of the challenge round

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 11:15:52 AM »
All politics aside, Gustavo and Dex should have been 1 and 2 either of them could have won that show.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 03:24:30 PM »
Gustavo is out of the game! He will never get a third place at Mr O again...time to say goodbye.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 04:26:51 PM »
hahahhaa, what a jackass, i love how he says Heath "needs beef", oh brother ::) Heath is gonna destroy Badell this year.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 04:33:24 PM »
08 will be Gustavo's year!!

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 04:38:05 PM »
Gustavo is out of the game! He will never get a third place at Mr O again...time to say goodbye.
Agreed....his prime was about 3 years ago..I always thought he would be a really good bodybuilder for a long time

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 04:57:36 PM »
lewl it is great how you disrepsect proven competitor like Gustavo, you are caught up in the hype of a young unproven up and comer, he needs a lot more repsect seriously!
TEAM Nasser

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 07:26:53 PM »
lewl it is great how you disrepsect proven competitor like Gustavo, you are caught up in the hype of a young unproven up and comer, he needs a lot more repsect seriously!
Phil really hasn't beat anybody big, Darrem(who isn't top ten in the O), an off Dennis James, A few people at the arnold, but hasn't proven himself yet. Pictures look freaky and he is considered top guy, but nothing is written in stone. Gustavo maybe a jerk but he did come in top 3 during a respectable line up.

Gustavo vs Phil for Ironman

Dexter has easy win at Arnold

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 01:39:05 AM »
As much as i think Gus is a great bodybuilder.....he actually thought he was better than Ronnie in 2005 because a few of the past Mr.O's voted against Ronnie as they can't handle him being so much better than they were. They would have put anyone ahead of Ronnie.........

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 02:00:44 AM »
I remember that fucking challengeround at Mr Olympia -05, it was a mess. Half the judging crew was a bunch of old men who could barely talk and walk, and probably half blind to. They pushed the wrong bottom several times and was forced to revote. And when it comes to the challengeposes u had advantage if u had a good memory and because of that choose the right pose when it was your time. So I would say Gustavo was very lucky that night.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 02:08:36 AM »
:(
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 08:47:46 AM »
i put gustavo on the same page as kamalli

both shit talkers who are past there prime

"100% natural, all hard work"

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 08:49:22 AM »
i put gustavo on the same page as kamalli

both shit talkers who are past there prime

"100% natural, all hard work"
impossible, "King" never had a prime.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 09:02:17 AM »
all politics aside he should of won 04 Olympia..

::)

Ronnie was 300 lbs and shredded in 2004 and destroyed Gustavo in every pose of the Challenge round, including the abs and thigh (OK, maybe not the side triceps). It was closer in 05 but even then, Ronnie was way better. The only reason Gustavo won the challenge round that year was because the judging panel was made up of past Mr Olympias, some of whom had no idea on how to work the scoring system as someone pointed out.

Ronnie destroyed everyone in 2004 8)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 09:12:07 AM »
::)

Ronnie was 300 lbs and shredded in 2004 and destroyed Gustavo in every pose of the Challenge round, including the abs and thigh (OK, maybe not the side triceps). It was closer in 05 but even then, Ronnie was way better. The only reason Gustavo won the challenge round that year was because the judging panel was made up of past Mr Olympias, some of whom had no idea on how to work the scoring system as someone pointed out.

Ronnie destroyed everyone in 2004 8)
he was nowhere near 300 pounds onstage, reality=278-280 still huge beyond belief.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 10:10:23 AM »
he was nowhere near 300 pounds onstage, reality=278-280 still huge beyond belief.

He was. He was 305 - 306 in the Grand Prix a couple of weeks later (the heaviest weight recorded for a contest winner).

He was 287 in the previous year and was heavier in 2004 by at least 10 lbs. So closer to 300, if not that exactly.

Edit: He even said in the Press conference of that year specifically that, "Gunter keeps saying he's 300 lbs. Hell, I'm 300 too."

ND or Suckmymuscle or Hulkster should chime in

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 10:22:12 AM »
Gustavo states:

"GB: I was always trying to bring my best condition on stage, better than in any other contest, so I sacrificed a little bit of size on my legs. I did the stepper and gauntlet machine very hard, two hours a day for the last 14 weeks."

Gustavo legs were never big to begin with. He's all upper body. If his legs are smaller than his normal state, then he will look even worse.

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 10:30:33 AM »
badell's legs did look smaller this year at the O...didn't u guys love it when Badell was announced as 8th place and he looked to the crowd and shrugged his shoulders like he thought he was robbed...he is fucking delusional, imo Will Harris should have placed higher than this sack of shit...i also just watched the 06 olympia finals on youtube, i have never heard anybody make so much fucking noise on every pose, i can understand a most muscular grunt, but a fucking side tri scream, give me a fucking break

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 02:09:44 PM »
When looking at those Ronnie pics from Olympia 2004 2005...he was pretty bad even then! :( Maybe he's glory made u forgot he's flaws!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 02:11:23 PM »
He was. He was 305 - 306 in the Grand Prix a couple of weeks later (the heaviest weight recorded for a contest winner).

He was 287 in the previous year and was heavier in 2004 by at least 10 lbs. So closer to 300, if not that exactly.

Edit: He even said in the Press conference of that year specifically that, "Gunter keeps saying he's 300 lbs. Hell, I'm 300 too."

ND or Suckmymuscle or Hulkster should chime in
did you see him weighed on a scale? you've been reading too many fairy tales in Flex.