Author Topic: Justin Harris' bodybuilding career put on hold?  (Read 6335 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Justin Harris' bodybuilding career put on hold?
« on: January 24, 2008, 02:45:20 AM »
http://www.thetimesherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080123/SPORTS/801230330/1006

Justin Harris' bodybuilding career has been put on hold.

But that's the only thing slowing down in Harris' life these days.

How about articles in national magazines, speaking engagements and seminars all over the country, two growing businesses, three videos and a book?

There even was a recent call from the folks at "American Gladiators."

"It's been so hectic lately," said Harris, a 1997 Port Huron Northern graduate. "Our company has grown so much I'm having a hard time keeping up with it.

"My last day at my job is Jan. 30. They are trying to keep me on at least part-time. The biggest thing is giving up the health insurance.

"Our major income has been from our companies the past couple of years. I was using any spare time at work and my vacation to keep up with the businesses."

Harris' two Web sites are www.troponinnutrition.co m and www.protegenutrition.com.

Harris, who holds a bachelors degree in exercise science from Alma College, is also an echo cardiologist at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak.

Harris' wife, Jorie, is enrolled in the University of Detroit dental school. She will graduate in 2009. He also keeps busy with two daughters - Lydia, who is 2½ and Celia, 15 months.

The Clinton Township resident is part of a five-page layout in the February edition of Flex Magazine. He also took part in an Ask the Expert article for February's Muscle & Fitness magazine.

"Both the piece in Flex and the Ask the Expert article dealt with nutrition," Harris said. "There was a section where I answer 10 questions about nutrition.

"I've also done some writing for Men's Health and have been contacted to do pieces in Shape and Women's Health.

"In one of the women's magazines, they wanted me to help with an individual's makeup. It sounded pretty interesting, but I haven't heard back from them yet."

Harris, 28, who was a NCAA Division III football All-American at Alma College, said the call from "American Gladiators" was a surprise.

The 5-foot-10, 245-pounder was asked if he would be interested in going for a tryout.

"I remember watching 'American Gladiators' when I was a kid when it first came on," Harris said. "That was probably in the early- to mid-1990s. It lasted a couple of years, but has been away for a long time.

"I thought it was pretty interesting. At this point, I don't know if I'm interested or have the time to give that a shot."

Harris said it was his success as a bodybuilder and as a powerlifter that has led to so many business opportunities.
Elevate Your Image.™

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: Justin Harris' bodybuilding career put on hold?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 03:19:25 AM »
Success couldn't happen to a nicer, smarter, more hardworking, or more deserving person!!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 03:34:27 AM »
Success couldn't happen to a nicer, smarter, more hardworking, or more deserving person!!!
who also happens to have a good sense of humor

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 03:37:06 AM »
Damn right!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:23:40 AM »
Props to Trop.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 04:38:31 AM »
BTW, I don't know if Justin's and Steve's doggcrapp training DVD is still available for sale, but if it is, and you haven't bought it, and you are at all interested and getting big and strong, buy it now!

It's been almost a year that I've had and I'm still learning from it! Not to mention the inspiration of their serious training that gets you fired up for your own workouts!

I think it is the first and last bodybuilding-related DVD I will ever buy!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 04:48:33 AM »
Justin has never been anything but nice to me, he's answered every question I've ever asked him no matter how basic the subject matter may have been.  He's offered to help me out with some training issues I've had...really a stand up guy and he's never asked for anything in return.

now if he ever decides he wants to design some training equipement like I suggested to him and he doesn't contact me to do the CAD work for him....well THAT would be a shot  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
nasser=piece of shit

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 05:48:14 AM »
Those 2 guys look like the only 2, anywhere near rmotely normal guys in the industry these days - big props

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 06:55:15 AM »
5'10 245 LOL....maybe stage weight. Kids like 280+ offseason and still in shape

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 07:15:19 AM »
good to here,some people have legit goals in buisness in the bbing industry.