Author Topic: Rudy Running Third in Florida  (Read 1581 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Rudy Running Third in Florida
« on: January 24, 2008, 08:00:16 AM »
Rudy's campaign is on life support.  Fading fast. 

Rudy Running Third in Florida

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:34 PM

By: Newsmax Staff 

Just days before the Tuesday’s crucial Florida primary, Rudy Giuliani has slipped to third place in the Sunshine State and now badly trails John McCain and Mitt Romney, a new Miami Herald poll reveals.

The statewide poll of 800 likely voters showed McCain leading with 25 percent of the votes, and Romney in second at 23 percent.

Giuliani received just 15 percent of the votes, down from 36 percent in a Herald poll last November, even though he has campaigned heavily in Florida and virtually ignored the races in New Hampshire, Michigan and other early decision states.

McCain is even beating Giuliani by 10 points in South Florida, home to many of the ex-New York City mayor’s former constituents.

“He may be running for president, but with these numbers he wouldn’t be elected governor of Florida, said pollster Kellyanne Conway, whose firm helped conduct the poll for the Herald, St. Petersburg Times and Bay News 9.

“This Giuliani campaign strategy of betting it all on Florida somehow miscalculated how Florida voters would disregard his performance in other states — it does matter to them if somebody has been a loser.”

Among Democrats, Hillary Clinton retains her lead in Florida, getting 42 percent of the votes in the Herald poll, with Barack Obama trailing at 23 percent.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Rudy_Running_Third_in_Fla/2008/01/23/66851.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Rudy Running Third in Florida
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:41:20 AM »
Trouble. 

"Rudy has fallen like the Dow Jones industrial average," said Bill Adair, chief editor of the St. Petersburg Times. "What's happened is he gambled on Florida and put all his chips on Florida, and it's beginning to look like he gambled wrong."  Watch what's going on with Giuliani in Florida »

Giuliani's poor finishes have cast doubt on his viability, Adair said on CNN's "American Morning."

"What he miscalculated on is McCain and Romney and Huckabee all come with some momentum into Florida because they won other states, and Rudy doesn't have momentum," he said.

So far, McCain has won New Hampshire and South Carolina; Romney took Wyoming, Nevada and Michigan; and Huckabee came in first in Iowa. . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/24/giuliani.florida/index.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »
This is misleading. 

Rudy didn't save his $ and time for Florida.  He campaigned in the other states as well, and knew he wasn't going to do well, so he 'quit' them.

He *should* be the McCain right now - a guy polling 4th or 5th before, who surged because he had more experience and dignity than the rest.

If you disagree, tell us why Rudy had 130+ campaign events in New Hampshire, and only made his announcement to "skip" that state AFTER he skipped Iowa.  You don't put that much time and $ into NH if you're not trying to win it.

Ron Paul is doing better than Rudy.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:29:55 AM »
Praise jebus. I'd move to S. Africa if Rudy won.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 10:38:00 AM »
Rudy still in third.  McCain and Romney in a dog fight. 

Zogby: McCain Holds Slim Lead in Fla.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:46 AM

By: Newsmax Staff  Article Font Size   

Arizona Sen. John McCain holds a small 31% to 28% lead over rival Mitt Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, with others well back, the Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby telephone tracking poll in Florida shows.

The contest is the first in which former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani has campaigned intently, but he lags in a distant third place with 15% support. Iowa Caucus winner Mike Huckabee is fourth with 10% support.

McCain leads Romney among men, 33% to 27%, with Giuliani at 18%. Among women, Romney holds a tiny 29% to 28% edge, with Giuliani and Huckabee tied at 12%. Ron Paul dominates among Florida Republicans under age 30, but McCain leads among those age 30-49. McCain and Romney are tied among those age 50-64, but Romney holds the edge among those age 65 and older.

McCain leads among moderate Republicans, is tied with Romney among mainline conservatives, while Romney leads among those who consider themselves “very conservative.” McCain, Romney, and Huckabee are bunched at the top among those who consider themselves Born Again, while Romney leads among those who are not. McCain leads among Catholics.

The Republican three-day tracking poll in Florida included 814 likely Republican voters statewide, and was conducted Jan. 23-25, 2008. It carries a margin of error of +/- 3.4 percentage points.

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama reversed a declining course and regained some support heading into Election Day here, posting a 15-point lead just hours before polls open here today, the latest and last Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily telephone tracking poll shows.

Buoyed by widespread support among African American voters who are planning to participate in the Democratic Party primary here, Obama wins 41% support, compared to 26% for New York Sen. Hillary Clinton and 19% for former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards. Clinton and Edwards are splitting the support of white voters, who make up about half of the total Democratic electorate here.

While previous tracking polls have included three days of polling, this final release from South Carolina includes survey interviews conducted just on Thursday, Jan. 24, and Friday, Jan. 25, 2008. This latest telephone tracking survey included 816 interviews with likely Democratic voters and carries a margin of error of +/- 3.4 percentage points.

The race is closest in the largest cities of the state, but Obama still leads there - and enjoys wider leads in the suburbs and rural areas of the state. He also enjoys solid support across ideological lines, leading among progressives, liberals, and moderates alike.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Zogby:_McCain_Holds_Slim_/2008/01/26/67640.html

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 10:55:39 AM »
People are clueless, CNN said some people in Florida have voted for MCCain thinking he was an anti war canidate. duh....

Too bad Ron PAul isnt getting any coverage at all, things would be a little different between Ron  and Rudy in Florida I think.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 11:22:56 AM »
people can see right through that fvcking POS rudy.

even New Yorkers hate that fvcker !

Hate Rudy, but love Hillary.

*does not compute*

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »
people can see right through that fvcking POS rudy.

even New Yorkers hate that fvcker !

The New Yorkers I know like Rudy. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 12:43:43 PM »
as mayor rudy fvcked over the police, fireman and school teachers. he's a ruthless bastard who's only interested in himself, his crooked friends and various mistress'.

rudy's own children hate him.........nuff said.

Plaenty of info out there to confirm that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 01:34:13 PM »
The New Yorkers I know like Rudy. 

youre about as real as a silicone titty.

everything you say is contrary to what everyone else here seems to see.

So you're either a compulsive liar (I read waltons book, i am a high school dropout, i'm  acollege professor), delusional, or you hang out with the most out-of-touch people in existence.

I'm guessing all 3 :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »

So you're either a compulsive liar (I read waltons book, i am a high school dropout, i'm  acollege professor), delusional, or you hang out with the most out-of-touch people in existence.

[chuckle]  The rabid Chihuahua still obsessed with me.  He's relentless.   :) 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »

I am a New Yorker and don't like Rudy. Ron Paul, all the way.
I hate the State.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 06:20:45 PM »
I am a New Yorker and don't like Rudy. Ron Paul, all the way.

You might as well vote for Tre.