Author Topic: Didn't Name the Party Affiliation, So He Must be a Democrat! (Mayor Convicted)  (Read 10271 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Didn't Name the Party Affiliation, So He Must be a Democrat!
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »
BB admits he's a cheerleader for whoever is in power.

in 10 months, he'll be defending every stupid move hilary does.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »
Might not be a big deal to you, but I think this is a potentially huge story.  Detroit is the 11th largest city in the country.  The fact the mayor of the 11th largest city in the country probably committed perjury and might be prosecuted is a pretty big.  The fact he is a Democrat will likely be a footnote. 
I just said Republicans are the one's who made perjury not a big deal.  I don't see a mayor scandal as a big deal.  It's a big deal to that city, if I lived there I might care.  If not you're basically saying this is a big deal to dems.  It's not big.  A senator soliciting homosexual sex in a restroom is big.  Making a big deal out of a mayor covering his affair, just as stupid as the big deal made of Clinton.  If you look at the polls at that time, the people thought that witchhunt was stupid too.  I can't believe you, we have huge lies being told constantly at the highest levels of our government with zero chance of a prosecution occuring unless it's by a DEM!!!!!!!!!!!! and you're here with Mayor Mariage Problem being a big deal ::)  Gimmeabreak... 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »
I just said Republicans are the one's who made perjury not a big deal.  I don't see a mayor scandal as a big deal.  It's a big deal to that city, if I lived there I might care.  If not you're basically saying this is a big deal to dems.  It's not big.  A senator soliciting homosexual sex in a restroom is big.  Making a big deal out of a mayor covering his affair, just as stupid as the big deal made of Clinton.  If you look at the polls at that time, the people thought that witchhunt was stupid too.  I can't believe you, we have huge lies being told constantly at the highest levels of our government with zero chance of a prosecution occuring unless it's by a DEM!!!!!!!!!!!! and you're here with Mayor Mariage Problem being a big deal ::)  Gimmeabreak... 

O.K.  You don't believe this is a big story.  I do.  The mayor of the 11th largest city in the country was sued for firing people who threatened to expose his affair.  He then lied about the affair during his civil trial.  He was then found liable to the tune of $8.4 million, with $9 million in legal fees.  He may have also used taxpayer resources to carry on this affair.  Now he could face prison time.  Huge story.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »
O.K.  You don't believe this is a big story.  I do.  The mayor of the 11th largest city in the country was sued for firing people who threatened to expose his affair.  He then lied about the affair during his civil trial.  He was then found liable to the tune of $8.4 million, with $9 million in legal fees.  He may have also used taxpayer resources to carry on this affair.  Now he could face prison time.  Huge story.   

Why would anyone outside of Detroit even care?

I know I don't

If I never knew about this it wouldn't alter my life in any way

hardly a HUGE story

Would you say this is HUGER than the Lingerie Mayor story you posted a few weeks ago?

I'm not sure which one I care less about

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 09:55:37 PM »

Would you like to address the persective here?  Big story on what level?  The Downingstreet memos which showed the president intentionally lied to take us into war got zero coverage here in America and you've refused to address it every time I post it.  Is this bigger than that?  Is it bigger than the series of republicans homosexual sex scandals?  No doubt this is big for that city, what does that mean to someone in Denver, in LA, in NY... not jack shit.  Who was effected by the president's lies?  Who was effected by the lies of Alberto G?  So I ask, what level of Big are you talking about.  Big to that state, I would agree, huge for that city, I would agree, big for the nation or for even dems, hell no.  The 11th largest city and on most lists, the worst place to live in America.  It's real hard to get shocked here.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 10:37:21 PM »
Would you like to address the persective here?  Big story on what level?  The Downingstreet memos which showed the president intentionally lied to take us into war got zero coverage here in America and you've refused to address it every time I post it.  Is this bigger than that?  Is it bigger than the series of republicans homosexual sex scandals?  No doubt this is big for that city, what does that mean to someone in Denver, in LA, in NY... not jack shit.  Who was effected by the president's lies?  Who was effected by the lies of Alberto G?  So I ask, what level of Big are you talking about.  Big to that state, I would agree, huge for that city, I would agree, big for the nation or for even dems, hell no.  The 11th largest city and on most lists, the worst place to live in America.  It's real hard to get shocked here.

Big on the level of CNN, Fox, MSNBC, Huffington Post, etc. covering the story. 

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/30/detroit.mayor/
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325070,00.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22820978/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/detroit-mayor-kwame-kilpatrick

Imagine that.  It's front page news all over the country.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »
And the Lingerie Mayor was on 20/20

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=196249.0

WHO CARES?

WTF is wrong with the "news MEDIA" in this country?

How about reporting some real news for a change

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 11:08:51 PM »
Big on the level of CNN, Fox, MSNBC, Huffington Post, etc. covering the story. 

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/30/detroit.mayor/
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325070,00.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22820978/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/detroit-mayor-kwame-kilpatrick

Imagine that.  It's front page news all over the country.     
They were!!!  The first time I saw this on the internet was when it was posted here.  that's why I said you guys should watch the news because when I saw the replies, I had a hard time seeing how you all missed it. This was on major media outlets last week for several days.  They even had a reporter in the field do a segment on cnn.  I sat through some stupid little side segment talking about why his text messages were retrievable where if he had used other services they would not have been.  It had to do with the service he went through government paid or some shit.  It was constant on headline news for a bit.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2008, 11:12:11 PM »
And the Lingerie Mayor was on 20/20

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=196249.0

WHO CARES?

WTF is wrong with the "news MEDIA" in this country?

How about reporting some real news for a change
exactly, come on BEACH, how can you cry about this not being covered, even though it was and not have a care in the world that the downing street memos which were authenticated didn't make news here????  I watched this for almost a week, all the info that could be said on the networks was said, it's now being investigated, what do you want, an ongoing media circus around a mayor's infidelity... hahahaha... figures.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2008, 11:16:29 PM »
Um I think the issue was whether the media highlighted his party affiliation and the fact that this is a big story. 

I'm not the one melting down in this thread.  lol.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 12:34:24 AM »
Um I think the issue was whether the media highlighted his party affiliation and the fact that this is a big story. 

I'm not the one melting down in this thread.  lol.   :)
I didn't say anyone was melting down and I thought I addressed the issue you spoke of?  I guess they didn't highlight his party as they have with the republican homosexual scandals and I would expect as soon as this becomes trend in the party they will.  They didn't hide his party affiliation either, they just didn't make it the point.  It's been made point with republicans because of the trend.  If one republican screwed up, I wouldn't expect much to be made of the party, but when trends appear, then I expect it.  I can't fathom what more you or anyone would want beyond mentioning his party.  They talked about him being the head of some democratic mayors org too.  To want more out of it than that is to want some scandal to be applied to the party.  where is the justification for that?  With the republicans, it's trend and a trend that stands opposite to their stance on homosexuality.  That's news for the party.  I wouldn't expect the party to take the fall for one screwup republican or dem.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 08:03:43 AM »
I didn't say anyone was melting down and I thought I addressed the issue you spoke of?  I guess they didn't highlight his party as they have with the republican homosexual scandals and I would expect as soon as this becomes trend in the party they will.  They didn't hide his party affiliation either, they just didn't make it the point.  It's been made point with republicans because of the trend.  If one republican screwed up, I wouldn't expect much to be made of the party, but when trends appear, then I expect it.  I can't fathom what more you or anyone would want beyond mentioning his party.  They talked about him being the head of some democratic mayors org too.  To want more out of it than that is to want some scandal to be applied to the party.  where is the justification for that?  With the republicans, it's trend and a trend that stands opposite to their stance on homosexuality.  That's news for the party.  I wouldn't expect the party to take the fall for one screwup republican or dem.

Not a trend?  In the past year or so, the Democrat mayor of the second largest city in the country had an affair with a reporter who covers him and the Democrat mayor of the fourteenth largest city had an affair with his campaign manager's wife.  Sounds like a trend to me.  I'm sure there are other scandals involving other government officials.   

In any event, we will have to agree to disagree on whether this is a major story and whether his party affiliation would be a much bigger story if he was a Republican. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 08:26:05 AM »
Not a trend?  In the past year or so, the Democrat mayor of the second largest city in the country had an affair with a reporter who covers him and the Democrat mayor of the fourteenth largest city had an affair with his campaign manager's wife.  Sounds like a trend to me.  I'm sure there are other scandals involving other government officials.   

In any event, we will have to agree to disagree on whether this is a major story and whether his party affiliation would be a much bigger story if he was a Republican. 

There are ~ 30,000 incorporated cities in the US.

You just listed 2 scandals and you see a TREND??

These stories matter to NO ONE except the handful of people involved and the few people who care to follow the politics in that particular city

Shit half the people in this country don't even vote in the National Election and you think they care what's going on is one city??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 10:41:35 AM »
Yes, mayors of three of the largest cities in the country involved in scandals in a short period of time is a trend. 

Then there's the Governor of New Jersey, a member of Congress accepting a bribe, an Edwards donor getting indicted for illegal contributions, etc.  All fairly recent. 

That said, I don't think any party has a monopoly on scandals, but if you're looking for a trend, it's obviously there, in both parties. 

To say no one cares really makes no sense.  You may not care, which is your business, but the fact these stories make national news means plenty of people care.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 11:17:23 AM »
Bum, the trend you think you see only exists in your peanut sized brain. 

Sheesh - trying to get you to understand basic math is like trying to show a dog a card trick. 

then again you've admitted yourself that even elementary school math is beyond your grasp

Me and math don't get along too well.  One of my kids was teasing me the other day because I was having trouble helping him with his math homework.  (I had to make his sister help him.)  I told him I don't need to know that stuff anymore. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 11:47:40 AM »
Yes, mayors of three of the largest cities in the country involved in scandals in a short period of time is a trend. 

Then there's the Governor of New Jersey, a member of Congress accepting a bribe, an Edwards donor getting indicted for illegal contributions, etc.  All fairly recent. 

That said, I don't think any party has a monopoly on scandals, but if you're looking for a trend, it's obviously there, in both parties. 

To say no one cares really makes no sense.  You may not care, which is your business, but the fact these stories make national news means plenty of people care.   

the fact that the media makes these national  stories should not be construed as proof that anyone cares. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 11:55:56 AM »
The bottomline is americans hate republicans because they,ve shit-canned the country............very simple.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2008, 01:43:36 PM »
Bum, the trend you think you see only exists in your peanut sized brain. 

Sheesh - trying to get you to understand basic math is like trying to show a dog a card trick. 

then again you've admitted yourself that even elementary school math is beyond your grasp

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 02:19:04 PM »
I'm suprised it took you this long to pull that out.

Why don't you try addressing the argument instead?

Or maybe you can go tell your daughter to do it for you

The following quote is one of your rare moments of honesty on this site

btw - that's a great lesson you're teaching your son.  No need to understand basic math once you become an adult??

Quote from: Beach Bum
Me and math don't get along too well.  One of my kids was teasing me the other day because I was having trouble helping him with his math homework.  (I had to make his sister help him.)  I told him I don't need to know that stuff anymore.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 02:34:42 PM »
Don't we have enough Democrat and Republican debate as it is?  Let's get back to the subject at hand, the esteemed Kwame.  A good buddy of mine was a former Detroit cop, and his face always turns deep red when I mention the "hip-hop" mayor of DeeDerRoy.  This guy is something else.  Already in a bad situation in a city that was once the crown industrial jewel of the US, he has forced the already near broke city to pay millions in various lawsuits, repeat personal bodyguard offenses, exhorbant spending on things such as SUVs for his wife and bodyguards(on city money at that), racial politics, and other stupidity and ineptitude.

Detroit is literally a war zone.  Nearly half of the city's residents are functionally illiterate.  The population has almost halved since it's 2 million person peak.  Foreclosures are amongst the highest in the nation.  Joblessness rates are at near all time highs.  Much of the city is barely distinguishable from current day war-torn Baghdad.  Crime is high.  Detroit itself is a huge tax burden on Michigan tax payers.  Corruption in all forms of government are rampant and common. 

I know that not all the blame can be laid at Kilpatrick alone, as he is not responsible for much of the city's woes, but I'll be damned if he doesn't personally gain from it financially and makes the situation even worse off than it already is.  Even the most principled and well-intentioned man cannot single-handedly turn things around, but I'm sure that with such a man at the helm, Detroit would not be quite suffering the woes it does today.

Where the fuck is Robocop when you need him?  Ole' Detroit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2008, 02:44:44 PM »
Don't we have enough Democrat and Republican debate as it is?  Let's get back to the subject at hand, the esteemed Kwame.  A good buddy of mine was a former Detroit cop, and his face always turns deep red when I mention the "hip-hop" mayor of DeeDerRoy.  This guy is something else.  Already in a bad situation in a city that was once the crown industrial jewel of the US, he has forced the already near broke city to pay millions in various lawsuits, repeat personal bodyguard offenses, exhorbant spending on things such as SUVs for his wife and bodyguards(on city money at that), racial politics, and other stupidity and ineptitude.

Detroit is literally a war zone.  Nearly half of the city's residents are functionally illiterate.  The population has almost halved since it's 2 million person peak.  Foreclosures are amongst the highest in the nation.  Joblessness rates are at near all time highs.  Much of the city is barely distinguishable from current day war-torn Baghdad.  Crime is high.  Detroit itself is a huge tax burden on Michigan tax payers.  Corruption in all forms of government are rampant and common. 

I know that not all the blame can be laid at Kilpatrick alone, as he is not responsible for much of the city's woes, but I'll be damned if he doesn't personally gain from it financially and makes the situation even worse off than it already is.  Even the most principled and well-intentioned man cannot single-handedly turn things around, but I'm sure that with such a man at the helm, Detroit would not be quite suffering the woes it does today.

Where the fuck is Robocop when you need him?  Ole' Detroit

So in the middle of that kind of crisis he is using city resources to carry on an affair.  Pretty outrageous. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 02:47:30 PM »
isn't the alleged affair the LEAST significant issue.

btw - I live in CA and couldn't give less of shit what happens in Detroit just like I'm sure they coudn't give a shit what happens in my city

Did anyone notice in Robocop how Detroit looked alot like Dallas??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2008, 09:04:35 AM »
Potentially more trouble for Kilpatrick.  Strippers in the "mayoral mansion"?  Involved in a murder investigation?  Good grief . . . .   

Dancer's Family Lawyer Wants More Texts

Last Update: 11:02 am 

Text messages between 34 people, including Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, Christine Beatty, members of the mayor’s executive protection unit and others in the Detroit police department could all become public if the lawyer for a murdered dancer’s family has his way.

Attorney Norman Yatooma represents the family of Tamara Greene who he says danced at a Manoogian Mansion party.  Greene was killed and Yatooma wants to preserve any text messages, and quite a bit of additional evidence, that may shed light on her death.

He says the mayor’s personal attorney has flown to the SkyTel paging offices in Missouri to ask why city text messages were not destroyed.

Yatooma has now subpoenaed those text messages as well as ballistics reports, surveillance video from the mayoral mansion, and logs of who used the Tamara Greene files at the police department.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=517cc953-c714-43d7-9c78-e4962c4fa3a7

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2008, 07:46:39 AM »
Detroit Mayor: I'm Not Resigning 
Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:30 AM

DETROIT -- Embattled Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick said Thursday he won't resign because of a text-messaging scandal that has engulfed his administration, but acknowledged the uproar has reduced him to tears.

Kilpatrick, during an appearance on a morning radio show, was asked whether he would step down.

"Absolutely not," Kilpatrick said on "The Paul W. Smith Show" on WJR-AM. "I don't understand when people say `resign.'"

The mayor's comments came a day after the state's highest court rejected an attempt by Kilpatrick to prevent documents from being made public that detail a city settlement that helped conceal an apparent affair with a top aide.

The Michigan Supreme Court unanimously upheld two lower court rulings ordering the release of documents. They were made public hours after the ruling.

During the radio interview, Kilpatrick described the anguish he has felt over causing hurt for those close to him as well as to the city as a whole. "It's been a tremendously emotional process for me," he said. "I haven't cried this much since I was a baby."

The papers released Wednesday concern an $8.4 million settlement between the city and two former police officers who alleged they were fired or forced to resign for investigating claims that Kilpatrick used his security unit to cover up extramarital affairs.

They include the initial settlement agreement between the city and the former officers, which makes reference to embarrassing and sexually explicit text messages between Kilpatrick and former Chief of Staff Christine Beatty. The unsealed documents do not include transcripts of the actual messages.

The Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News sued the city to get the sealed documents. The city argued the documents should remain sealed because they involved communications between attorneys during court-ordered mediation, but the high court ruled "there is no FOIA exemption for settlement agreements," referring to the state's Freedom of Information Act.

The Free Press first reported last month about the text messages between the married mayor and Beatty, who also was married at the time. The newspaper has not said how it obtained the messages.

Both denied under oath having a physical relationship during the former officers' lawsuit, and the unsealed documents could be used in an ongoing perjury investigation of Kilpatrick. Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy is investigating and has said she expects to have a decision by mid-March.

http://www.newsmax.com/us/detroit_mayor/2008/02/28/76341.html

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2008, 09:15:24 AM »
The power of pussy will get ya!! 8)