Author Topic: Is America a Democracy??  (Read 1226 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Is America a Democracy??
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »
1) just 2 parties representing 300plus million people
2) just 2 fucking parties
3)  we r given just 2 fu cking choices..

seems like thats juuuust 1 more choice than castros people get
.. :-\

your next prez ws picked years ago  :-\

unless u realy want me to believe that 300 million choices justy boil down to 2 choices..lmao...phuleeze ::)
\\

can u say new world order??
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Is America a Democracy??
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:38:07 AM »
1) just 2 parties representing 300plus million people
2) just 2 fucking parties
3)  we r given just 2 fu cking choices..

seems like thats juuuust 1 more choice than castros people get
.. :-\

your next prez ws picked years ago  :-\

unless u realy want me to believe that 300 million choices justy boil down to 2 choices..lmao...phuleeze ::)
\\

can u say new world order??

Your numbers are off.  About 120 million, give or take, decide the presidential election, not 300 million.  Also, the president doesn't have that much influence on our day-to-day lives.  State legislatures, governors, city councils, and mayors probably have more a direct impact on individuals. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 05:12:58 PM »
Your numbers are off.  About 120 million, give or take, decide the presidential election, not 300 million.  Also, the president doesn't have that much influence on our day-to-day lives.  State legislatures, governors, city councils, and mayors probably have more a direct impact on individuals. 

SHUT the FCCCCCCUUUCK up and seriously de mouth BUSH COCK....i'm talking about total population...2 choices for 120 mil dosen't seem absurd to you ??

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/us.html

in my vision of America people like you would be castrated....as kinder gentler hitler! ;)
carpe` vaginum!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »
When you look at the media and how they ignore certain canidates or debates that dont give equal time to all canidates it becomes even more appearant that the whole system is a bunch of fucking bullshit!

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 08:55:54 PM »
All comments are moot... we are a republic not a democracy.
A democracy is a form of government in which the people decide policy matters directly--through town hall meetings or by voting on ballot initiatives and referendums. A republic, on the other hand, is a system in which the people choose representatives who, in turn, make policy decisions on their behalf. The Framers of the Constitution were altogether fearful of pure democracy.

http://www.thisnation.com/question/011.html

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 09:01:44 PM »
If something is built on democracy why does it take millions of dollars in order to be heard and represent?

That is the question, of democracy as dictated in the thought of Jefferson, MONEY.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 09:06:57 PM »
Why do u need more than 2 party's ? More than that is a proven waste of time. Just take a look at south american economies

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 09:12:06 PM »
This country was founded by a select elite group and is run by the modern day equivilant to this day.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
This country was founded by a select elite group and is run by the modern day equivilant to this day.

Aren't all nations?
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 06:11:05 AM »
Why do u need more than 2 party's ? More than that is a proven waste of time. Just take a look at south american economies

were just messing around here with ideas. We know we know and have heard the third party vote is a "wasted vote" but its good to remember that the third party vote candidate is usually a non life long statesman, who actually has a real proffession.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 10:10:59 PM »
All comments are moot... we are a republic not a democracy.
A democracy is a form of government in which the people decide policy matters directly--through town hall meetings or by voting on ballot initiatives and referendums. A republic, on the other hand, is a system in which the people choose representatives who, in turn, make policy decisions on their behalf. The Framers of the Constitution were altogether fearful of pure democracy.

http://www.thisnation.com/question/011.html

This is correct.

We are a Representative Republic. There is a difference.