Author Topic: Beach Bum  (Read 1093 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Beach Bum
« on: January 25, 2008, 04:23:32 AM »
How low would you want taxes to go?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Beach Bum
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 04:28:54 AM »
we're not here for their oil, berseker.

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 08:04:27 AM »
How low would you want taxes to go?

As low as possible.  Why?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 03:16:38 PM »
As low as possible.  Why?
But what is that, could you define rock bottom for taxes?  I'm trying to get an understanding of how low you guys want to go.  You've spent a lot of time talking about it so I came to you first.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 04:13:56 PM »
But what is that, could you define rock bottom for taxes?  I'm trying to get an understanding of how low you guys want to go.  You've spent a lot of time talking about it so I came to you first.

No I can't give you a rock bottom.  Ideally, people should be able to pay as little as possible.  One of the things I like about the Fair Tax proposal is it gives people more control over their money and how much taxes they pay.  My view is it's our money and the government should always be trying to find ways to let us keep more of our money. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 04:50:35 PM »
No I can't give you a rock bottom.  Ideally, people should be able to pay as little as possible.  One of the things I like about the Fair Tax proposal is it gives people more control over their money and how much taxes they pay.  My view is it's our money and the government should always be trying to find ways to let us keep more of our money. 
Is there a point where you would be satisfied with the taxes and wouldn't want them to go lower?  Would you be in favor private industry taking over in areas so taxes could be lower?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 05:36:19 PM »
Is there a point where you would be satisfied with the taxes and wouldn't want them to go lower?  Would you be in favor private industry taking over in areas so taxes could be lower?

I'd be satisfied with zero.   :)  I know that isn't workable, but I'm in favor of anything that responsibly lowers everyone's tax burden. 

What do you mean by private industry taking areas?  What industry and what areas? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 08:17:37 PM »
I'd be satisfied with zero.   :)  I know that isn't workable, but I'm in favor of anything that responsibly lowers everyone's tax burden. 

What do you mean by private industry taking areas?  What industry and what areas? 
all the stuff your taxes go to pay.  and I'm not talking idiot programs that aren't needed, I'm not for being taxed to do stupid stuff.  Schools, roads, services etc.  You can only go so far with lowering taxes before someone is going to need to pick up the ball and run with this stuff.  This idea has been a cornerstone of the Bush Admin and neoconservatives.  Would you be for all these things being privatised?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 01:44:04 AM »
This isn't on of those setup things, this is something I'm validly curious about and who better to approach with it than the person who talks low tax more than anyone else on the board.  I'm not attempting an ah-ha gottcha in this.  I want to understand your thinking on this and weigh it with my concerns on the subjet.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 09:26:03 AM »
I don't have an opinion about privatizing government services as a way to reduce taxes.  Never thought about it and don't know enough about how that would work.  I will say that the private sector is generally more efficient and consumer friendly than the government.

As I said, it's our money.  I support any plan and mindset that realizes this and tries to find ways to responsibly reduce everyone's tax burden. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 09:48:34 AM »
I don't have an opinion about privatizing government services as a way to reduce taxes.  Never thought about it and don't know enough about how that would work.  I will say that the private sector is generally more efficient and consumer friendly than the government.

As I said, it's our money.  I support any plan and mindset that realizes this and tries to find ways to responsibly reduce everyone's tax burden. 

Not trying to nail you on anything but it's something you should look into.  I know around the country where things have been privatized in many instances the service cost more to individuals than when it was taxpayer paid.  It's the main thing on my mind because as we keep cutting down government the gap is left to be filled by the private sector.  And as I say, it has been a cornerstone belief of the neoconservatives.  The idea, and they happily talk about this is to privatize.  So since taxes are one of your main issues, I would definitely recommend looking into this aspect since it is going to play a larger and larger role as taxes come down.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 12:59:05 PM »
Not trying to nail you on anything but it's something you should look into.  I know around the country where things have been privatized in many instances the service cost more to individuals than when it was taxpayer paid.  It's the main thing on my mind because as we keep cutting down government the gap is left to be filled by the private sector.  And as I say, it has been a cornerstone belief of the neoconservatives.  The idea, and they happily talk about this is to privatize.  So since taxes are one of your main issues, I would definitely recommend looking into this aspect since it is going to play a larger and larger role as taxes come down.

Whether privatized service is more expensive than government service is sort of a different issue than lowering taxes, no? 

I don't know anything about neoconservatives, but I like the idea of getting services out of the hands of the government and into the private sector.  Doesn't work with all services, but in general I trust a private company more than the government to provide quality goods and services.  I have no idea whether that results in tax savings, but I'll read up on it if it becomes an issue.  Thanks.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 02:34:45 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »
Two towns the same size.  One has privatized their services completely, the other has not.  One of these towns will be paying more in taxes.  Only in one of these towns are you at the mercy of profit margins and risk paying more out of pocket.