Author Topic: Cory Everson - Timeless, Ageless  (Read 31102 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Cory Everson - Timeless, Ageless
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 01:01:31 PM »
I love Cory....she was so awesome back in those magazines in the 80's...really HOT!...why did she and Jeff break up anyway?...this has never been discussed and Jeff won't talk about it at all....

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »
You guys like Cory or Rachel McLish better?

I like Cory's physique better.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2008, 01:08:32 AM »
You guys like Cory or Rachel McLish better?

Cory all the way... and she's STILL fine.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2008, 05:36:46 AM »
Me to I like Cory better  ;)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2008, 07:18:50 AM »
This clip KILLS me every time I see it.  This is just awesome.  How cool is this chick?  She can even moonwalk!!   :D
I wish I could perform like her.

The posing routine is over 5 minutes long, which is amazing.  Truly the glory days of women's BB.

:)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 03:36:15 PM »
This clip KILLS me every time I see it.  This is just awesome.  How cool is this chick?  She can even moonwalk!!   :D

The posing routine is over 5 minutes long, which is amazing.  Truly the glory days of women's BB.

Yeah those were the days for womens BB.  For some reason it was much more popular then.  I have to say though all of BB was more popular then mens too.  Think about the shows on TV and coverage every once and a while of mens pro shows on TV.  I'm guessing after the public learned in the early 90's that it took drugs for people to get that big it was a turn off for TV stations and the public in general.

To be honest BB is not real exciting to watch, can imagine how boring it is to the average person not really into it.  I mean beyond supplements what can BB's really hope to sell?  I think its best it remains a small niche sport anyhow.  Most people will look at a big pro FBB like they are kind of weird. 

Personally I think its cool they wanna stand out like that and its cool to see girls who are strong and could give a F*ck what anyone else thinks.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »
Yeah those were the days for womens BB.  For some reason it was much more popular then.  I have to say though all of BB was more popular then mens too.  Think about the shows on TV and coverage every once and a while of mens pro shows on TV.  I'm guessing after the public learned in the early 90's that it took drugs for people to get that big it was a turn off for TV stations and the public in general.

To be honest BB is not real exciting to watch, can imagine how boring it is to the average person not really into it.  I mean beyond supplements what can BB's really how to sell?  I think its best it remains a small niche sport anyhow.  Most people will look at a big pro FBB like they are kind of weird. 

Personally I think its cool they wanna stand out like that and its cool to see girls who are strong and could give a F*ck what anyone else thinks.

I like your attitude.   8)

I have to admit, though, I think FBB was more entertaining back in Cory's day as well.  There don't seem to be that many pros that can put on a show like Cory did, or some of the ladies in her time.  There are a FEW...Annie R. being one of them. 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 06:14:39 PM »

I have to admit, though, I think FBB was more entertaining back in Cory's day as well.  There don't seem to be that many pros that can put on a show like Cory did, or some of the ladies in her time.  There are a FEW...Annie R. being one of them. 

Yeah Annie R is for sure one of them!  There is a woman doing her own thing, I think she looks great and am so bummed I will miss the Ms International.  I know Annie does all that schmoe posing, but there is something more to her.  My fav. Annie shot.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »
Yeah Annie R is for sure one of them!  There is a woman doing her own thing, I think she looks great and am so bummed I will miss the Ms International.  I know Annie does all that schmoe posing, but there is something more to her.  My fav. Annie shot.

Did you see the one I posted for you in the Gene X thread?  ;)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 06:45:36 PM »

Did you see the one I posted for you in the Gene X thread?  ;)

Now I did very cool thanks Rip!  Those Mel D pics are very nice too, Wow!

AVBG

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »
  She can even moonwalk!!   :D

I can teach you to moonwalk?  ;D

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 10:05:06 PM »

The woman always put more effort into there routines in general.
FBB was at its best, had the most respect and the biggest prize money in the early to mid 1990s after that it all went side ways.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2008, 06:28:56 AM »
I can teach you to moonwalk?  ;D

haha If you can teach me to moonwalk, I'll put it in my routine at Nationals this year!   ;D

I'd love to do a routine like that, but I'm not sure I have the guts (or the talent).

AVBG

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »

haha If you can teach me to moonwalk, I'll put it in my routine at Nationals this year!   ;D

I'd love to do a routine like that, but I'm not sure I have the guts (or the talent).

Here you go, this will help

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »

Do you really like that routine or are you making fun of her? That whole Grease thing seems kind of tacky to me and she is just bouncing around like an idiot.
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2008, 02:47:03 PM »
Do you really like that routine or are you making fun of her? That whole Grease thing seems kind of tacky to me and she is just bouncing around like an idiot.

I think for women it's kind of appropriate... I remember the early Ms. O contests, and they all kind of did some sort of dance / posing routine... I think it's very appropriate for women to help the femininity of the sport.

How many Ms. Os still look feminine on stage? Could that kind of routine help?

Or, would it look like a bunch of gay guys dancing?

Seriously inquiring about what the gang thinks.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »
I think for women it's kind of appropriate... I remember the early Ms. O contests, and they all kind of did some sort of dance / posing routine... I think it's very appropriate for women to help the femininity of the sport.

The Grease part of it looked kind of weird to me, then again I don't know what is considered a good routine.
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2008, 03:07:01 PM »
The Grease part of it looked kind of weird to me, then again I don't know what is considered a good routine.

I can see your point about that... Definitely a  bit different compared to what routines were before and have been after... I did wonder about the bouncing myself.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2008, 05:42:06 AM »

You're kidding right?  I LOVE THAT ROUTINE.
DUDE, that was from the mid-1980s...everything about that routine was THE SHIT, from the music to the performing.  I was thinking of doing a retro routine this year inspired by that one. 

I'm not sure about whether or not a routine like that could "help" in terms of what you are talking about.  Routines have become an afterthought these days because they don't count towards the competitor's placing or scoring at all.

Routines are 60-90 seconds these days.  Some ladies put alot into it for the enjoyment of the crowd.  For the most part, success in terms of what you are talking about is a factor of the overall look of the FBB and their ability to perform.

Check out Kris Murrell...she's one of the biggest amateurs out there right now.  She's HUGE.  She is a really good performer, though, and I think she looks great up there...and she's fun to watch.  This clip is from a guest pose she did during the off-season...I heard that her routine at Nationals was INCREDIBLE, but I can't find a clip of it.  This is still pretty good, esp considering it's off-season.

Kris and Sheila Bleck are two of the top amateur performers out there...both Heavyweights. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2008, 06:26:18 AM »
You're kidding right?  I LOVE THAT ROUTINE.
DUDE, that was from the mid-1980s...everything about that routine was THE SHIT, from the music to the performing.  I was thinking of doing a retro routine this year inspired by that one. 

Seems kind of cheesy to me is all. You got an example of a BAD routine so I can compare?
E

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2008, 06:36:02 AM »
Seems kind of cheesy to me is all. You got an example of a BAD routine so I can compare?

Like Rip said it is 20 YO routine.  Everything was cheesy about the 80's looking back on it from 2008.  But you can bet it was cool back in 1987.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2008, 06:37:46 AM »
Like Rip said it is 20 YO routine.  Everything was cheesy about the 80's looking back on it from 2008.  But you can bet it was cool back in 1987.

Yeah. I think later I will look at some older routines and compare them. Seems amateurish to me actually.
E

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2008, 06:52:02 AM »
Yeah. I think later I will look at some older routines and compare them. Seems amateurish to me actually.

Yeah it does kind of.  I think she is just having fun though and not being real serious.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2008, 08:29:02 AM »
You're killing me.  There was nothing amateur about this woman.  This is professional BB, not professional dance.  She's an awesome performer! 

Let's try the 1986 Ms. O routine.  Check out the shades during the interview.   ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2008, 08:37:38 AM »
Here you go, this will help

Thanks alex, I'll keep you posted on my progress!!   :D