Author Topic: 16 weeks to go! My pre contest diet..Looking for some help..  (Read 4156 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
16 weeks to go! My pre contest diet..Looking for some help..
« on: January 25, 2008, 04:31:31 PM »
Been dieting since the Start of January, cardio has been bumped up to two sessions the past couple of weeks as I am almost at 30 min per.

Here is how my diet looks, it changes a little day to day, but the calories are always between 1200- and 1300..protein about 150g- 200g, and carbs 120g max..

Weight is dropping steadily..im not that hungry surprisingly, I mean I do look fwd to my next meal, but I have no cravings..maybe just once in a while..

Any tips? Pointers? Are my calories too low? Protein not high enough? Thanks for your help..

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: 16 weeks to go! My pre contest diet..Looking for some help..
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 04:36:11 PM »
1200-1300 calories a day? holy shit man that's low even if you're a 105 pound woman, aren't you natural?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 04:46:52 PM »
wow. up the protein. keep carbs steady..slowly drop those down. increase your fibrous complex carbs(green leafy veggies), get your calories up a bit higher, do that by increasing protein and throwing in some fat burning fats. (omega 3, 6, cla)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »
How tall are you? How much do you weigh?

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 05:34:14 PM »
If I were you, I'd go down the high protein/fats diet and save the carbs for the once a week cheat meal. Get your fibre from leafy vegies.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »
My figure competitors eat more then this 16wks out and do less cardio.

Hope this helps

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 03:13:26 PM »
My figure competitors eat more then this 16wks out and do less cardio.

Hope this helps
exactly...gotta eat to lose

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
Dude, not to repeat the others but those calories are waaaaayyyyy toooo low!

I just a meal plan for one of my figure girls:

5'4", 120 lbs 15% BF. She is eating 1,600-1,700 calories!! Are your stats similar?  :-\

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 03:24:40 PM »

5'4", 120 lbs 15% BF. She is eating 1,600-1,700 calories!! Are your stats similar?  :-\
haha actually heracles used to post on her alot and has posted pictures before..he is a pretty decently sized dude, just carrys alot of fat.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 03:02:56 PM »
wow. up the protein. keep carbs steady..slowly drop those down. increase your fibrous complex carbs(green leafy veggies), get your calories up a bit higher, do that by increasing protein and throwing in some fat burning fats. (omega 3, 6, cla)

dude CLA causes fat storage and slows muscle anabolism

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 04:22:20 PM »

have yOu ever tried iit?

dont knock it jus because its expensive and it lacks solid human testing evidence...its n awesome product regARDLESS.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 05:09:20 PM »
have yOu ever tried iit?

dont knock it jus because its expensive and it lacks solid human testing evidence...its n awesome product regARDLESS.
[/quote

in human trials it causes insulin resistence, they where well done. its a trans fatty acid.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 11:26:22 PM »
Cardio is for fat people and women.  If you learn how to hit the anabolic switch you'll never have to fuck with cardio again.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 06:03:38 AM »
Cardio is for fat people and women.  If you learn how to hit the anabolic switch you'll never have to fuck with cardio again.
hahah. yeah...if your taking cytomel and clen and eca along with two or three solid anabolic compounds and  a good anti estro then all you need to be ripped is a controlled diet and heavy work in the gym.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 05:44:53 PM »
have yOu ever tried iit?

in human trials it causes insulin resistence, they where well done. its a trans fatty acid.

have you tried amphetamines? i dont need to try them to know they are stimulating.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 01:44:24 AM »
hahah. yeah...if your taking cytomel and clen and eca along with two or three solid anabolic compounds and  a good anti estro then all you need to be ripped is a controlled diet and heavy work in the gym.

No, you don't have to take all those drugs at all.  I can tell you are a former fat boy from every post you make.  I bet you can't stay away from the treadmill,  what an awful way to live.

If this guy is smart and can manipulate his fats and carbs the proper way and nail his training frequancy than he has no need whatsover to to do any cardio.  None whatsoever.

Candidate if you never want to do cardio again shoot me a PM and I can share some info with you.  You seem like a good kid, just headed in the wrong direction.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 04:27:10 AM »
No, you don't have to take all those drugs at all.  I can tell you are a former fat boy from every post you make.  I bet you can't stay away from the treadmill,  what an awful way to live.

If this guy is smart and can manipulate his fats and carbs the proper way and nail his training frequancy than he has no need whatsover to to do any cardio.  None whatsoever.

Candidate if you never want to do cardio again shoot me a PM and I can share some info with you.  You seem like a good kid, just headed in the wrong direction.

This isn't true. Many if not most lifters will never get properly lean without a good cardio regimen. You have to be genetically blessed in that regard to get away with not doing any.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 06:49:25 AM »
This isn't true. Many if not most lifters will never get properly lean without a good cardio regimen. You have to be genetically blessed in that regard to get away with not doing any.

Agreed. Not all of us are Dexter Jackson  :-\

We don't know the genetic make up of Mr. Herc so we must assume that some cardio is necessary.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 04:09:56 PM »

What you just said is the exact oppossite of every human trial I have ever seen. Please cite references, or remember to say "IN MY OPINION" when you make blanket statements like that. Ty

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 04:23:17 PM »
What you just said is the exact oppossite of every human trial I have ever seen. Please cite references, or remember to say "IN MY OPINION" when you make blanket statements like that. Ty

i have over and over and over.  i posted them like six times, rat studies show a positive effect, the majority of human trials shows the opposite. its not my opinion, its supported by evidence.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 09:48:48 PM »
well you have bee looking at the wrong tests....giveit a try dude. its an amazing supplement.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 10:00:48 PM »
i have over and over and over.  i posted them like six times, rat studies show a positive effect, the majority of human trials shows the opposite. its not my opinion, its supported by evidence.

Feel free to post a 7th time, I'm sure by now you have the case studies bookmarked for easy reference.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 06:18:15 AM »
Feel free to post a 7th time, I'm sure by now you have the case studies bookmarked for easy reference.

they arent case studies. they are rct's, to be honest id be more interested in your opposing studies.

what i find funny is that people like candidate will be on the side of science, trying to learn biochemistry and then when a supplement like glutamine and cla are shown to do jack for bodybuilders they disagree for some unknown reason such as they lost weight while on it.

well candidate, where you taking other supps?dietary interventions?working out? since there are so many extraneous variables you cant tell if cla does shit, but rcts can, and it appears that in humans it is a ineffective, perhaps detrimental supplement.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 06:29:02 AM »
i just believe that results>science...and i went from zero carbs for several straight months to a high calorie/higher carb diet, and cla.   the last time i did this i experienced a rapid fat gain...this time, i havent gained any fat at all. in fact, ive gotten a tad bit leaner as i have put on some muscle in a very short amount of time.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 11:37:20 AM »
i just believe that results>science...and i went from zero carbs for several straight months to a high calorie/higher carb diet, and cla.   the last time i did this i experienced a rapid fat gain...this time, i havent gained any fat at all. in fact, ive gotten a tad bit leaner as i have put on some muscle in a very short amount of time.

your belief is wrong, sorry to break it to you. scientific studies attempt to weed out all the problems experience entails.

there are so many variables to this its not funny, so you diet then after you clean up your diet you go to a higher calorie diet and dont gain weight?

lets see

what was the intake before and after, the macros

any other supps?

workload?

and life changes?

stress?

how much exactly, did you measure bf?

etc etc... etc...etc....