Author Topic: Governor Schwarzenegger Donates $50,000  (Read 962 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Governor Schwarzenegger Donates $50,000
« on: January 26, 2008, 01:23:40 PM »
Governor Schwarzenegger Donates $50,000 To Kick Off Signature Drive For California Voters First Act

Governor Schwarzenegger's California Dream Team today made a $50,000 donation to kick off the signature drive to qualify the California Voters FIRST Act for the November 2008 ballot. The measure would reform the state's redistricting process to put the power to choose elected officials back in the hands of California voters.

"I have been fighting for redistricting reform since I took office and I have worked to pass reforms through the Legislature over the past several legislative sessions.  Unfortunately, I do not think the Legislature will take action to address this issue and I believe the California Voters FIRST Act is the best opportunity we have to return the power to choose politicians to California voters," said Governor Schwarzenegger.

The California Voters FIRST Act will create a 14-person independent citizens commission comprised of five Democrats, five Republicans and four individuals not registered as a member of either major party to draw district boundaries for the Senate, Assembly and Board of Equalization. The measure creates a more open and transparent redistricting process, takes the power to draw district lines out of the hands of lawmakers and puts into place a non-partisan process that requires respecting existing city boundaries, county boundaries and communities.

"The people of this state deserve a system where voters choose the politicians not where politicians choose the voters. I ask all Californians - Republicans, Democrats and Independents alike - to stand up and support this measure. Now isn't the time to stand back and criticize, now is the time to unify and put the power back in the hands of the people," continued Governor Schwarzenegger.

The California Voters FIRST Act was filed with the Attorney General's office on October 23, 2007. The measure is a constitutional amendment, which requires 694,354 signatures to qualify for the ballot.
Elevate Your Image.™

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Governor Schwarzenegger Donates $50,000
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 01:54:38 PM »
voters rejected this already in his past special election. i like arnold...dont agree with him on everything but at least he is actually trying to make a difference. this is one of his good ideas; and i hope it passes.

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 12:08:11 AM »
ttt
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 04:55:31 AM »
does that mean that the ASC prize money has just gone down by 50K?
Here comes the money shot

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 04:57:15 AM »
Governor Schwarzenegger Donates $50,000 To Kick Off Signature Drive For California Voters First Act

Governor Schwarzenegger's California Dream Team today made a $50,000 donation to kick off the signature drive to qualify the California Voters FIRST Act for the November 2008 ballot. The measure would reform the state's redistricting process to put the power to choose elected officials back in the hands of California voters.

"I have been fighting for redistricting reform since I took office and I have worked to pass reforms through the Legislature over the past several legislative sessions.  Unfortunately, I do not think the Legislature will take action to address this issue and I believe the California Voters FIRST Act is the best opportunity we have to return the power to choose politicians to California voters," said Governor Schwarzenegger.

The California Voters FIRST Act will create a 14-person independent citizens commission comprised of five Democrats, five Republicans and four individuals not registered as a member of either major party to draw district boundaries for the Senate, Assembly and Board of Equalization. The measure creates a more open and transparent redistricting process, takes the power to draw district lines out of the hands of lawmakers and puts into place a non-partisan process that requires respecting existing city boundaries, county boundaries and communities.

"The people of this state deserve a system where voters choose the politicians not where politicians choose the voters. I ask all Californians - Republicans, Democrats and Independents alike - to stand up and support this measure. Now isn't the time to stand back and criticize, now is the time to unify and put the power back in the hands of the people," continued Governor Schwarzenegger.

The California Voters FIRST Act was filed with the Attorney General's office on October 23, 2007. The measure is a constitutional amendment, which requires 694,354 signatures to qualify for the ballot.
good move, the status quo is unacceptable