Author Topic: Why do bodybuilders charge money for autographs??  (Read 14403 times)

JohnnyVegas

Re: why do bodybuilders charge money for autographs??
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 12:58:26 PM »
You son, have only speculation regarding Lou.

The Beef ain't saying Lou's rich, but he always had the best / highest paying Weider contract, would be receiving residual checks for his TV work and The Beef suspects Lou gets more then scale when he does work.

Seriously, Big Lou has no contract with anyone. He had a Weider contract in the early 90's for a year or two, but that was it.

As for what Lou makess, unlkess you're a major star in motion pictures, or you are the STAR of a TV show-you make scale.

Lou is not a motion picture star, and he does not have he own TV series. Lou has bit parts on one current sit com, and appears in bit parts in motion pictures. He gets scale.

Get back to me if you ned more instruction Beefy! I'm here to help.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 01:19:12 PM »
You guys are funny as hell about trying to figure out if Lou has money or not.  Believe me he has money. Not even close to Arnold but he is doing very well.  You guys forget about residuals and appearance fees he gets.  He more than likely must own a piece of the Hulk franchise.  If he goes around doing anythign with the Hulk attached I am sure it is because he owns a piece of it.  Have you seen his IMDB.  And if you think he gets scale in all his TV appearances you are wrong.  Especially when he is playing himself in a show and the bit was written especially for him.  You get more than just scale.  Some of his shows have gone into syndication which means he is getting more money too.  He usually charges a $5,000 appearance fee to plus he sells his pics.  Carla is not stupid either.  I am sure they have some good investments.  So you guys are so far off its funny reading. 

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2008, 01:46:41 PM »
You guys are funny as hell about trying to figure out if Lou has money or not.  Believe me he has money. Not even close to Arnold but he is doing very well.  You guys forget about residuals and appearance fees he gets.  He more than likely must own a piece of the Hulk franchise.  If he goes around doing anythign with the Hulk attached I am sure it is because he owns a piece of it.  Have you seen his IMDB.  And if you think he gets scale in all his TV appearances you are wrong.  Especially when he is playing himself in a show and the bit was written especially for him.  You get more than just scale.  Some of his shows have gone into syndication which means he is getting more money too.  He usually charges a $5,000 appearance fee to plus he sells his pics.  Carla is not stupid either.  I am sure they have some good investments.  So you guys are so far off its funny reading. 

Lou does NOT own a piece of the HULK TV series.

He would get a residual IF it were in syndication, but it is not, and to my knowledge never has been. I do not know of any other show he has been on where he would be entitled to residuals, and that would include the King of Queens, if it were in syndication, which it is not. Only the stars get residuals, not people who guest appear or who have non recurring roles, like Lou does on King of Queens.

And Keith, if you see what Lou sells, it never has the Hulk trademark name attached to it, becuase he would have to get permission to use the name. He sells pics and things in the hulk make up-but they never say "Hulk" on them.

No one would EVER pay Lou $5K for an appearance, ever. If I am wrong name one for me.

Moosejay

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2008, 09:28:06 PM »
Lou is by no means a well off guy.

He made good money for the 4 years he did the Hulk, and a little bit of money on his small part TV roles, which pay union scale. But add that up and divide it by the 53 years he has been around and it is not a whole lot.

So he is not as well off as you think, even being the second most well know BBer in the world behind Arnold.

I recall reading in People Mag that Lou made $1,500 per week for shooting the Hulk.

I also read in the same article (written during his Master's comeback) that he owned two homes.

And I am fairly certain he is 56 years old ( 4 years Arnold's junior)

Mike

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2008, 09:32:15 PM »
Mooosejay, you just made all that crap up, didnt you ?  You must be a pathological liar-you throw in some bullshit in almost every single post you make.  Geez, give it a rest.  ::)

Moosejay

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 09:36:27 PM »
Mooosejay, you just made all that crap up, didnt you ?  You must be a pathological liar-you throw in some bullshit in almost every single post you make.  Geez, give it a rest.  ::)

Onlyme can confirm that.

Why would that stuff seem so fabulous that it'd could only be lies?

You say bullshit bc you have not lived long enough to experience anything of significance yet, I'd bet.

Mike

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2008, 09:37:53 PM »
on the contrary I would pay him 5k if he threw in a rusty trombone and let me ear fck him.

:o

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008, 09:42:32 PM »
You say bullshit bc you have not lived long enough to experience anything of significance yet, I'd bet.

No i say Bullshit because in almost every post you have to make up something to top whatever story is being told.  You are like that guy on SaturdayNightLive....... ........"yea thats the ticket"

::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 08:44:17 AM »
Lou does NOT own a piece of the HULK TV series.

He would get a residual IF it were in syndication, but it is not, and to my knowledge never has been. I do not know of any other show he has been on where he would be entitled to residuals, and that would include the King of Queens, if it were in syndication, which it is not. Only the stars get residuals, not people who guest appear or who have non recurring roles, like Lou does on King of Queens.

And Keith, if you see what Lou sells, it never has the Hulk trademark name attached to it, becuase he would have to get permission to use the name. He sells pics and things in the hulk make up-but they never say "Hulk" on them.

No one would EVER pay Lou $5K for an appearance, ever. If I am wrong name one for me.

Jeez I hope you don't tell anyone about this "only stars get residuals".  Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about.  I'm glad too since I receive residuals from shows I was on and I was never the star.  So please keep that under your hat.  I don't want to have to pay them back.  I know several people who make over $250,000 a year just from residuals and they were never a star or barely seen on camera.  So please don't tell me about an industry that I was a part of and know about.  Oh by the way, you get residuals as long as the show aires.  Everytime it is shown somewhere in the world you get paid.  Syndication just means you get a little or a lot more cause it is showing in more markets.  To this day I still get residuals from shows I did 20+ years ago.  Get your facts straight before posting.

And I have no idea about the Hulk deals.  I would hope he would have had some kind of deal from them but if not then its his own fault.  His standard fee is $5,000 for an appearance plus expenses.  I should know I have asked him twice to appear at my shows and Carla does the dealing for him.  So email him and see how much you can get him for.  If it is less than $5,000 then pass that along to promoters, they would love to save the money.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 02:11:59 AM »
Jeez I hope you don't tell anyone about this "only stars get residuals".  Sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about.  I'm glad too since I receive residuals from shows I was on and I was never the star.  So please keep that under your hat.  I don't want to have to pay them back.  I know several people who make over $250,000 a year just from residuals and they were never a star or barely seen on camera.  So please don't tell me about an industry that I was a part of and know about.  Oh by the way, you get residuals as long as the show aires.  Everytime it is shown somewhere in the world you get paid.  Syndication just means you get a little or a lot more cause it is showing in more markets.  To this day I still get residuals from shows I did 20+ years ago.  Get your facts straight before posting.

And I have no idea about the Hulk deals.  I would hope he would have had some kind of deal from them but if not then its his own fault.  His standard fee is $5,000 for an appearance plus expenses.  I should know I have asked him twice to appear at my shows and Carla does the dealing for him.  So email him and see how much you can get him for.  If it is less than $5,000 then pass that along to promoters, they would love to save the money.

Its already been posted that Lou gets zero resides from the Hulk series*(His brother actually posted it on another board years ago)...Some even speculated that is why he is  such an ass these days...And why on earth would you bring up Arnold and Lou in the same context about money...Lou couldn't shine arnold's shoes in terms of money...Quit acting like you know everything about Hollywood...When some one decides to make the movie Fat man in a little coat, you may have a chance in getting the role as long as its a silent film...Until then, move forward and come out of the closet for crying out loud...

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 07:03:59 AM »
why would they charge for their signatures?? and

who the hell will pay for an autograph by a nobody??? 

without the paid autograph, they'll be one chicken breast short ;)
Get Big, or Die Trying

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 07:15:40 AM »
Its already been posted that Lou gets zero resides from the Hulk series*(His brother actually posted it on another board years ago)...Some even speculated that is why he is  such an ass these days...And why on earth would you bring up Arnold and Lou in the same context about money...Lou couldn't shine arnold's shoes in terms of money...Quit acting like you know everything about Hollywood...When some one decides to make the movie Fat man in a little coat, you may have a chance in getting the role as long as its a silent film...Until then, move forward and come out of the closet for crying out loud...

:o :o

You are on the money.

Actually Keith, I think you said that Lou MAKES $$$ from residuals, and you also said Lou gets $5K for gueat appearances.

I called bullshit on both. We now know I was right about the residual issue, so it looks like you're the one who needs to get facts straight.

He more than likely must own a piece of the Hulk franchise.  If he goes around doing anythign with the Hulk attached I am sure it is because he owns a piece of it. 

Some of his shows have gone into syndication which means he is getting more money too. 

He usually charges a $5,000 appearance fee. 

You wrote that, not me.

NO ONE is paying an old washed up has been like Lou $5K for anything. I doubt he could even pull $500 for a "guest appearance".

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 09:56:45 AM »
:o :o

You are on the money.

Actually Keith, I think you said that Lou MAKES $$$ from residuals, and you also said Lou gets $5K for gueat appearances.

I called bullshit on both. We now know I was right about the residual issue, so it looks like you're the one who needs to get facts straight.

You wrote that, not me.

NO ONE is paying an old washed up has been like Lou $5K for anything. I doubt he could even pull $500 for a "guest appearance".

HAHAAHAH thanks for proving my point.  You know nothing.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 10:20:50 AM »
HAHAAHAH thanks for proving my point.  You know nothing.

Errr, OK Keith.

I know nothing.

$100 buck says you can't prove up one single guest appearance Lou has done in the last year where he got paid the $5K you said he gets.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

Now where are you walking to??  ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 10:26:16 AM »
        No i say Bullshit because in almost every post you have to make up something to top whatever story is being told.  You are like that guy on SaturdayNightLive....... ........"yea thats the ticket"

Meltdown.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 10:26:49 AM »

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 10:29:44 AM »
can i have your autograph?

"20 bucks bitch"

(doing worst Louie immitation)  8)

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 10:31:57 AM »
There's no way he pulls $5,000.  I bet you Zena the Warrior Princess makes about that and she is a much bigger star than Lou.  Also, I can imagine Marvel was very greedy back then when they were involved with the Hulk show, which explains why he doesn't get residuals.  Comic book creators and such have been complaining about that type of thing for over 30 years.

I think it is more like Lou is doing the old overcharging-for-consulting trick on Onlyme.  If you are a consultant and you don't want a project, you quote a price that you would be shocked to see accepted.  

Rottmag

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2008, 10:35:34 AM »
why not?   some hollywood stars charge as well.   

Name one Hollywood star who charges a fan for an autograph out in the public's eye like Louza Ferrigno does...

Just one!

Rottmag

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2008, 11:36:39 PM »
why not?   some hollywood stars charge as well.   

Name one Hollywood star who charges a fan for an autograph out in the public's eye like Louza Ferrigno does...

Just one!

Nada?

Yep, that's what I thought... another Getbigger with NFC!

Thanks for coming.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »
Errr, OK Keith.

I know nothing.

$100 buck says you can't prove up one single guest appearance Lou has done in the last year where he got paid the $5K you said he gets.

Money talks, bullshit walks.

Now where are you walking to??  ;D

hahaah why do I need to prove it.  Call him yourself.  You know him so well.  Call him and ask him to come to a show you are putting on.  Of course that might be hard to convince him since you have no idea, but go ahead call him tomorrow and ask him to appear and see what he says.  Then you can come back on here and apologize and get on your knees and beg forgiveness.  Thanks again for proving my point.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 10:39:41 AM »

Just one!

You guys are funny.  When a star goes to any show to sign autographs he gets paid very very well by the promoter.  Anytime you see a picture or item signed by a star they got paid for it.  Some guys make $100,000 in a day.  Look up how much Joe Dimaggio got for signing I think it was 250 bats.  If a star is anywhere signing autographs for a function where people are going to to get an autograph that is organized they are getting paid.  Very few will actually sit down and charge a fee to individuals but some do.  Like Burt Ward and Adam West does since I personally saw them do it.  It was $10.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 10:42:30 AM »
Another one I just thought of was Willie Mays when he was in Hawaii.  I sat three tables away from him.  He also stormed out of there very upset because no one was standing in his line.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 10:48:03 AM »
hahaah why do I need to prove it.  Call him yourself.  You know him so well.  Call him and ask him to come to a show you are putting on.  Of course that might be hard to convince him since you have no idea, but go ahead call him tomorrow and ask him to appear and see what he says.  Then you can come back on here and apologize and get on your knees and beg forgiveness.  Thanks again for proving my point.

I dont need to call him b/c I already know the answer.

Besides, someone saying they WANT $5K for an appearance and someone GETTING $5K for an appearance are not the same thing. Who said Lou gets $5K? You did. Who said Lou owns part of the Hulk franchise? You did. Who said Hulk was in syndication? You did. Here is what YOU said;

Quote from: onlyme on January 27, 2008, 01:19:12 PM

He more than likely must own a piece of the Hulk franchise.  If he goes around doing anythign with the Hulk attached I am sure it is because he owns a piece of it.  

Some of his shows have gone into syndication which means he is getting more money too.  

OK, now we know your bullshit won't work here, and you talk the talk but won't walk the walk.

Point proven. Thanks Keith (and don't sweat the C spot, I know you would have never paid up - or so Hurricane Beefy says).

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 11:44:59 AM »

I dont need to call him b/c I already know the answer.

Besides, someone saying they WANT $5K for an appearance and someone GETTING $5K for an appearance are not the same thing. Who said Lou gets $5K? You did. Who said Lou owns part of the Hulk franchise? You did. Who said Hulk was in syndication? You did. Here is what YOU said;

Quote from: onlyme on January 27, 2008, 01:19:12 PM

He more than likely must own a piece of the Hulk franchise.   If he goes around doing anythign with the Hulk attached I am sure it is because he owns a piece of it. 

OK, now we know your bullshit won't work here, and you talk the talk but won't walk the walk.

Point proven. Thanks Keith (and don't sweat the C spot, I know you would have never paid up - or so Hurricane Beefy says).

Dude I now understand your problem.  You have no comprehensive skills.  Again you have proved your ignorance.  Thanks.  Oh what happened to YOUR statement only the stars get residuals.  Thought I forgot about that one uh.  Dude you have no idea what you are talking about.  But, hey if you want to keep pretending go ahead.  I have the luxury of knowing about this business and not just reading about it on the internet or seeing on the doors of pay toilets like you.  So far you haven't proved shit nor even come close. 

Oh by the way I think I admitted about the Hulk thing and him owning it.  "And I have no idea about the Hulk deals.  I would hope he would have had some kind of deal from them but if not then its his own fault."  See son when I am wrong I have no problem admitting it.  you on the other hand just don't know any better.  Please keep what you are good at whatever that may be.  But don't try to pretend you know something about something you know nothing about.  Now go play on another thread you might have something constructive to say.  If not, start your own thread on "Flipping Burgers" I'm sure you will be very factual with your posts.