Author Topic: Why do bodybuilders charge money for autographs??  (Read 14452 times)

JohnnyVegas

Re: why do bodybuilders charge money for autographs??
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2008, 12:02:21 PM »
Dude I now understand your problem.  You have no comprehensive skills.  Again you have proved your ignorance.  Thanks.  Oh what happened to YOUR statement only the stars get residuals.  Thought I forgot about that one uh.  Dude you have no idea what you are talking about.  But, hey if you want to keep pretending go ahead.  I have the luxury of knowing about this business and not just reading about it on the internet or seeing on the doors of pay toilets like you.  So far you haven't proved shit nor even come close. 

Oh by the way I think I admitted about the Hulk thing and him owning it.  "And I have no idea about the Hulk deals.  I would hope he would have had some kind of deal from them but if not then its his own fault."  See son when I am wrong I have no problem admitting it.  you on the other hand just don't know any better.  Please keep what you are good at whatever that may be.  But don't try to pretend you know something about something you know nothing about.  Now go play on another thread you might have something constructive to say.  If not, start your own thread on "Flipping Burgers" I'm sure you will be very factual with your posts.

Wow, what a meltdown.

And yes, we all know that you "know the business" being such a big "star"   ::) and all.

Thanks for the info-and like I said-don't worry about the C-note, word on the board is you don't pay up.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2008, 12:16:03 PM »
Wow, what a meltdown.

And yes, we all know that you "know the business" being such a big "star"   ::) and all.

Thanks for the info-and like I said-don't worry about the C-note, word on the board is you don't pay up.

Yes well thanks for playing.  Now go back to pretending.  You lost. :)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 12:27:29 PM »
why do bodybuilders charge money for autographs??

To buy groceries to feed their families.  Hope this helps.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2008, 12:41:28 PM »
Yes well thanks for playing.  Now go back to pretending.  You lost. :)

Yeah I "lost"..Err...OK.

Thing is when I "lose" I always pay up...... Opps.... That must get you upset, my bad.

Now pay Beefy the C note you owe him you welcher.
 >:(

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2008, 12:42:24 PM »
You guys are funny as hell about trying to figure out if Lou has money or not.  Believe me he has money. Not even close to Arnold but he is doing very well.  You guys forget about residuals and appearance fees he gets.  He more than likely must own a piece of the Hulk franchise.  If he goes around doing anythign with the Hulk attached I am sure it is because he owns a piece of it.  Have you seen his IMDB.  And if you think he gets scale in all his TV appearances you are wrong.  Especially when he is playing himself in a show and the bit was written especially for him.  You get more than just scale.  Some of his shows have gone into syndication which means he is getting more money too.  He usually charges a $5,000 appearance fee to plus he sells his pics.  Carla is not stupid either.  I am sure they have some good investments.  So you guys are so far off its funny reading. 

I guess that explains why Lou has been relegated to charging eight year olds $20 for his autograph and suing family members and insurance companies.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »
why would they charge for their signatures?? and

who the hell will pay for an autograph by a nobody??? 

Because they are such huge superstars.
As empty as paradise

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »
it always cracks me up when i see those "guys" on these expos buying a signatured photograph.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2008, 12:52:39 PM »
Some of my family members are involved in major Hollywood movie making business ..... Grinch/The Village/X-Men/Superman/Next/ etc. and even though he wasn't a major leading star, he counts on those residual checks to keep him going between major projects.

I attended the special showing for cast and crew of NEXT (EVEN CAME WITH A FREE BAG OF POPCORN AND A SMALL DRINK) and found myself sitting next to the guy who competes against Cage for the girl in the diner. I wanted to tell him he did a good job but he and his GF were too engrossed in the movie to bother  them. Everyone at that showing was involved in making that film in one way or another so that movie got a standing ovation when it ended. I guess I was the only one who didn't understand it at all.

Another family member was a stuntman and he got checks just about every week in the mail. I asked him who kept track of those payments, but he didn't have the slightest idea. He did a hell of a lot of stuntwork in How the West Was Won and was a good friend of Anthony Quinn and other top stars so he did well in Hollywood.

I forget what SAG exactly says about residuals but it is my undertanding that anyone whose name appears in the on screen credits, receives residual checks.

Keith knows this stuff better than I do though.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2008, 12:55:25 PM »
I guess that explains why Lou has been relegated to charging eight year olds $20 for his autograph and suing family members and insurance companies.

Yes, exactly, Lou has the big bucks coming in from his "acting" work, and that is why he goes to BBing shows at age 57 and charges little kids 20 buck a pop.

And anyone who in reality believes this has a few screws loose, and needs professional help.

Pathetic.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2008, 01:04:14 PM »

Some of my family members are involved in major Hollywood movie making business ..... Grinch/The Village/X-Men/Superman/Next/ etc. and even though he wasn't a major leading star, he counts on those residual checks to keep him going between major projects.

Keith knows this stuff better than I do though.

Residuals were not even around until the late 70's/early 80's. The Hulk was a late 70's show. Lou does not get shit.

All the people on TV shows before then get zero-whether their name is on the screen or not.

I know Keith will come on here acting like he is some expert know it all expert and back it up with pure bullshit-but those are the facts. Re runs and syndication were not even around then, and NO MONEY/residuals gave any money-mostly because back then there were only 3 major stations plus few small UHF stations. Re runs and syndication were not really around before the late 70's.

Bob Denver from Gilligan's Island, all the kids on the Brady Bunch, the Partridge Family and all those other sit coms get zero residuals. They all bitch about it too. The Three Stooges, biggest comedy act in the history of TV (behind I love Lucy), they don't get anything from any stooges show, ever. The shows are owned by Columbia and there is nothing in their contract that allowed for residuals because no one knewthe shows would ever be shown again.

OK, lets see our #1 Bullshitter come on and make up an answer to this. And then tell everyone we are all idiots.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »
OK, lets see our #1 Bullshitter come on and make up an answer to this. And then tell everyone we are all idiots.

I also await Keith's response.  Lou sounds to me like a low-rent bum and I doubt he is even worth a million these days.  John Romano himself said that he sold maybe 150 autographed photos at the 2006 Olympia.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2008, 01:50:51 PM »
for the cash which is tax free or nearly tax free

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
for the cash which is tax free or nearly tax free

You do know Pete Rose, OJ and a bunch of others who took money under the table/tax free at these sports shows have been busted.

They end up with felony convictions, not to mention a shit load of back taxes, penalties and fees. If you get caught it can cause major problems. But if Lou only sells 100-150 ($2K-$3K @ 20 bucks a pop) autographs per show-with only 2 big shows a year-he is still small potatoes.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2008, 03:48:56 PM »
Hey Keith, what do you reckon Will smith makes off residuals for Fresh prince of belair, thats still on TV all over the world

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2008, 10:08:56 PM »
Residuals were not even around until the late 70's/early 80's. The Hulk was a late 70's show. Lou does not get shit.

All the people on TV shows before then get zero-whether their name is on the screen or not.

I know Keith will come on here acting like he is some expert know it all expert and back it up with pure bullshit-but those are the facts. Re runs and syndication were not even around then, and NO MONEY/residuals gave any money-mostly because back then there were only 3 major stations plus few small UHF stations. Re runs and syndication were not really around before the late 70's.

Bob Denver from Gilligan's Island, all the kids on the Brady Bunch, the Partridge Family and all those other sit coms get zero residuals. They all bitch about it too. The Three Stooges, biggest comedy act in the history of TV (behind I love Lucy), they don't get anything from any stooges show, ever. The shows are owned by Columbia and there is nothing in their contract that allowed for residuals because no one knewthe shows would ever be shown again.

hahaha seriously are you a moron.  I never said once he got residuals from the Hulk.  I know way more than you will know about residuals, I get them you don't.  You stated he didn't residuals from any show, you stated only "the stars" get residuals.  it just shows how ignorant you are and how you outed yourself.  Dude give it a rest.  You are talking about something you know nothing about.  Honestly how stupid can you be. 

By the way why don't you tell us some of your expertise background in the industry so you can have some kind of validity to your statements.  We will wait ::)

I also await Keith's response.  Lou sounds to me like a low-rent bum and I doubt he is even worth a million these days.  John Romano himself said that he sold maybe 150 autographed photos at the 2006 Olympia.

And you guys think because Lou charges $20 he has no money.  Honestly how dumb does that sound.  If he is charging it still after all these years then he must be making some money from it.  Add that with his appearance fee for each show he attends and figuring he doesn't pay for his travel or expenses while appearing he is doing okay just from that.  You guys all talk out of your asses.  The only things you know is what you read.  And you believe everything you read.  Get some talent, get an agent then go to work then you you talk with some kind of intelligence on this subject.

AllDrugs

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2008, 10:22:19 PM »
why would they charge for their signatures?? and

who the hell will pay for an autograph by a nobody??? 

Because there are people out there dumb enough to pay for them...

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2008, 10:29:33 PM »
And you guys think because Lou charges $20 he has no money.  Honestly how dumb does that sound.  If he is charging it still after all these years then he must be making some money from it.  Add that with his appearance fee for each show he attends and figuring he doesn't pay for his travel or expenses while appearing he is doing okay just from that.  You guys all talk out of your asses.  The only things you know is what you read.  And you believe everything you read.  Get some talent, get an agent then go to work then you you talk with some kind of intelligence on this subject.

I don't think Lou has no money, I think that his income is not likely to be anything special.  Maybe a few hundred thousand a year, which is a great income, but really nothing to boast about these days.

Keith: how much money do you make each month in residuals?  Exact figures please.

http://posters.imdb.com/name/nm0428531
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why do bodybuilders charge money for autographs??
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2008, 10:29:52 PM »

I don't know anyone that charges for an autograph who is on the bodybuilding, figure or fitness circuit or refuses to take a picture unless it is Lou Ferrigno.  What they do charge, usually $5 or $10 is if you want an autographed 8x10 that they sell.  

If you go up to someone, and ask for an autograph in your own book, t-shirt, etc - they oblige.

As for residuals, some of my writer friends who are not making any money now are happy they are getting residual checks from past shows. Not everyone gets it, but actors, writers, producers, directors and others do. Each contract is a little different.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2008, 10:29:58 PM »
$20 bucks to say hello and get an autograph? No thanks
A

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2008, 11:00:07 PM »
Oh shit-I didn't know you were such a STAR...my bad.

2 fucking credits from 21 years ago. I bet you get residuals every week from that big movie career.  ::)

Overview
Alternate Names:Keith Jones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filmography
Jump to filmography as: Actor, Miscellaneous Crew
Actor:
Dangerous Curves (1988) .... Thug
"Dynasty" .... Keith (1 episode, 1987)
    - The Spoiler (1987) TV episode (as Keith Jones) .... Keith

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2008, 11:03:31 PM »
They showed Lou Ferrigno's house and family in a brief Flex Magazine article in the late 90's, or early 2000's - cant remember now, but it was a very big/nice house.

Onlyme - dont be bothered by "JohnyVegas," he thinks that all you need is a person's name to find out exactly what they are worth - as he also kept trying to say that he did some searches and found that Nasser had no ownings  ::)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2008, 11:08:50 PM »
$20 bucks to say hello and get an autograph? No thanks

For Lou.

For others, zero to say hello and get an autograph. $10 to get an 8x10 colored picture with an autoraph, etc.  It is fair.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »
Onlyme - dont be bothered by "JohnyVegas," he thinks that all you need is a person's name to find out exactly what they are worth - as he also kept trying to say that he did some searches and found that Nasser had no ownings  ::)

Oh brother, I can see it now, Keith is going to go on a rant about how many millions Nasser is worth, his $5K "appearance fees".....blah blah blah.

Thanks Boobs, just what we needed!   ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2008, 11:18:40 PM »
I don't think Lou has no money, I think that his income is not likely to be anything special.  Maybe a few hundred thousand a year, which is a great income, but really nothing to boast about these days.

Keith: how much money do you make each month in residuals?  Exact figures please.

http://posters.imdb.com/name/nm0428531

Why would you want to know my residuals.  But since I have not done a thing in the industry since 1995 I recieve about $4 a year.  I have not collected a residuals check since 1995.  But, you can simply check with SAG with you SSN# and they will tell you how much total in residuals payments you have that have not been issued.  IN other words, I get something every year because my Dynasty, Knotts Landing and a couple other things still aire to this day.  But the last time I did cash a residual check from Dynasty it was just a couple dollars and not worth all the paperwork they include in the envelope.  My first residual check from them was around $800 or so.  But, when I was doing commercials I was making a lot more (nationals only).  When I moved to Hawaii in 1989 I was getting an average of around $3,000 a month just from the Old El Paso Salsa commercial.  Some of my commericals were buyouts and I got NO residuals.  I worked for scale most of the time.  I was not the star or reoccurring role like Lou is in most of his appearances.  When he is a featured player (especially appearing as Lou Ferrigno) he is NOT getting scale.  Far from it.  He is not getting anywhere near as much as a regular gets but he gets more than scale. 

Unlike what JohnnyVegas says about only the star gets residuals he is so far off it is funny.  Just shows he knows nothing about what he is talking about. It's like me trying to tell him about how a Big Mac is made back in the kitchen where he is the expert.  I don't try to pretend I know his experience.

I don't know anyone that charges for an autograph who is on the bodybuilding, figure or fitness circuit or refuses to take a picture unless it is Lou Ferrigno.  What they do charge, usually $5 or $10 is if you want an autographed 8x10 that they sell. 

If you go up to someone, and ask for an autograph in your own book, t-shirt, etc - they oblige.

As for residuals, some of my writer friends who are not making any money now are happy they are getting residual checks from past shows. Not everyone gets it, but actors, writers, producers, directors and others do. Each contract is a little different.

Ron why do you lie.  JohnnyVegas says ONLY the stars gets residuals and he should know.  Working at McDonalds makes him an expert on how residuals are paid and how actors are paid.  He is an expert.  Just ask him. ::) ::) ::)

Oh brother, I can see it now, Keith is going to go on a rant about how many millions Nasser is worth, his $5K "appearance fees".....blah blah blah.

Thanks Boobs, just what we needed!   ::)

I love guys like you who are proven wrong so now you make it sound like I make up stuff.  Dude you have ousted get over it.  By the way Lou gets royalty checks from the show The Hulk.  He owns none of the merchandising or gets any piece of it.  Back then he had no agent and didn't know any better.  Sag started paying residuals in 1974.  The Hulk series started in 1976 or 77 and went on till 82 or so.  The royalty checks he gets is enough to pay for all his kids education each year.  Sorry to burst your bubble but like I said maybe you should stick to flipping burgers cause you suck at this.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2008, 11:27:53 PM »

Back then he had no agent and didn't know any better.  Sag started paying residuals in 1974.  The Hulk series started in 1976 or 77 and went on till 82 or so.  The royalty checks he gets is enough to pay for all his kids education each year.  Sorry to burst your bubble but like I said maybe you should stick to flipping burgers cause you suck at this.

You're such a fucking bullshit artist it is amazing.

Sorry to shoot down your bullshit yet again, but this is almost too easy.

Yes, I am sure Lou did not have an agent when he signed for the hulk, I mean n one in Hollywood has an agent-man, where does your sorry ass dream this shit up at

The Hulk is not shown ANYWHERE, and hasn't since it was on TV 25 years ago fool. So no residuals there. Nice try Mr. Hollywood.

Lou gets NO royalty checks, but I guess if you go around talking out your ass enough you will actually start believing your own baloney.

Give it a rest son, you're in over your head here.