Author Topic: Abs  (Read 2186 times)

shannon04

• Getbig I
Abs
« on: January 27, 2008, 07:29:10 AM »
 Hello to everyone! I just have a question about abs. Im pretty much a beginer to all of this, but i am very into willing to stick with it. I have been working out for a few months. I am 21 and only 106 lbs and 5' 1".  I really want a nice looking abdomen. So far i have been doing rope pull downs, crunches on an inclined bench and also hanging leg raises. I try using the weighted ab machine but i just dont feel like a progress any on it.  So i was wondering if anyone has any good information that I can take to gym with me.  Im looking for info. about how much i should be doing and different workouts too. I also workout pretty hard on my legs so any info about that would help too. Thanks

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: Abs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:30:12 AM »
Hello to everyone! I just have a question about abs. Im pretty much a beginer to all of this, but i am very into willing to stick with it. I have been working out for a few months. I am 21 and only 106 lbs and 5' 1".  I really want a nice looking abdomen. So far i have been doing rope pull downs, crunches on an inclined bench and also hanging leg raises. I try using the weighted ab machine but i just dont feel like a progress any on it.  So i was wondering if anyone has any good information that I can take to gym with me.  Im looking for info. about how much i should be doing and different workouts too. I also workout pretty hard on my legs so any info about that would help too. Thanks

Hello Shannon04

This thread is useless without pics. Post at least 3 of full body wearing your underwear only (bra less if possible to give a better oppinion)

shannon04

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 07:37:13 AM »
Wow you are such a big help thanks and I'll think about that one............Uhm No! But thanks anyways and nice try.  :)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 07:38:51 AM »
Hey shannon

There are a bunch of training threads on the Female Bodybuilding/Women's Training Board, including one on Ab Training, which may give you some ideas:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=157875.0

The exercises you are doing sound pretty good...the weighted ab crunch machine isn't necessarily required for developing the abs.  
Keep in mind that the MOST important factor in showing your abs is conditioning (diet and cardio).  You sound pretty lean though, judging by your weight, so you should definitely continue to work on developing the muscles.

Feel free to post any questions, etc. on the FBB/Women's Training Board.  There is a stickied thread on that board with tons of info about lower body training.   :)

OH, please excuse benz...he has a habit of trolling the boards asking for naked pics of the women who post here.   ::)

:)

shannon04

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:42:16 AM »
Thanks a bunch RIP. I am also taking Dessert protein which seems like a pretty good product. Is it recommended by many? Oh and dont worry i dont mind him just typical. LOL

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 07:44:06 AM »
Thanks a bunch RIP. I am also taking Dessert protein which seems like a pretty good product. Is it recommended by many? Oh and dont worry i dont mind him just typical. LOL

I haven't heard of that protein...is that Desert or Dessert?  LOL Dessert protein sounds good!   :D

I use Beverly International Products.  There is a lot of info about protein and supplements on the Nutrition Board as well. 

Good to have you on here...we need more girls.  I hope you stick around!!   :)

shannon04

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 07:46:02 AM »
Yeah its dessery from BSN.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 07:49:14 AM »
Hey shannon

There are a bunch of training threads on the Female Bodybuilding/Women's Training Board, including one on Ab Training, which may give you some ideas:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=157875.0

The exercises you are doing sound pretty good...the weighted ab crunch machine isn't necessarily required for developing the abs.  
Keep in mind that the MOST important factor in showing your abs is conditioning (diet and cardio).  You sound pretty lean though, judging by your weight, so you should definitely continue to work on developing the muscles.

Feel free to post any questions, etc. on the FBB/Women's Training Board.  There is a stickied thread on that board with tons of info about lower body training.   :)

OH, please excuse benz...he has a habit of trolling the boards asking for naked pics of the women who post here.   ::)

Hey darling, im not trolling the board but requesting something usual here. You are older than me here (also irl) and you know threads like this one are useless without pics. thats it!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 06:26:04 PM »
ab wheel rolls.
X

shannon04

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 05:10:30 AM »
I actually have one of the ab rollers but everytime that i use it, it seems to hurt my back more than anything.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »
I do think the ab wheels work pretty well, you just have to be careful with them and not overdo it with your back.  It should strengthen your back and your entire core as you get better with it.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 09:47:06 AM »
Hi Shannon  :) Have you ever tried Whey Gourmet Protein Powder?  I'd have to say it's my favorite but I've never tried Beverly Products...I've heard very good things about them though.
R

shannon04

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 05:26:50 AM »
Hi Shannon  :) Have you ever tried Whey Gourmet Protein Powder?  I'd have to say it's my favorite but I've never tried Beverly Products...I've heard very good things about them though.

No actually I have only tried this Dessert protein. I really have not experienced much with protein. I guess just because im not really sure what to look for in a protein. My biggest problem is that everything out on the market seems to be weight loss and diet supplements and i dont need to lose wight i just want to tone up and really have a tight looking body. I also have really small boobs and do not want to lose what little i have. So i was wondering about chest workouts. Do you think that chest workouts will make my breast size go down or just look like man pecks? LMAO, but i am very curious. Right now i am pretty bummed because yesterday i just had all my wisdom teeth taken out so i havent been able to go to the gym since sunday. Oh well maybe by this weekend i will be able to go and hopefully will get rid of this chipmunck look.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 05:42:41 AM »
No actually I have only tried this Dessert protein. I really have not experienced much with protein. I guess just because im not really sure what to look for in a protein. My biggest problem is that everything out on the market seems to be weight loss and diet supplements and i dont need to lose wight i just want to tone up and really have a tight looking body. I also have really small boobs and do not want to lose what little i have. So i was wondering about chest workouts. Do you think that chest workouts will make my breast size go down or just look like man pecks? LMAO, but i am very curious. Right now i am pretty bummed because yesterday i just had all my wisdom teeth taken out so i havent been able to go to the gym since sunday. Oh well maybe by this weekend i will be able to go and hopefully will get rid of this chipmunck look.

It depends on what you want to use the protein for...If you're just looking for a protein supplement, i.e., a way to get more protein into your diet, then look for a whey protein that doesn't have too much else in it.  Avoid fillers, sugars, and high fats unless you're looking for a weight gainer.
You don't NEED a protein supplement to tone up and tighten up...it's helpful if you don't think that you are getting enough protein in your diet, or if you need something that you can eat that's quick if you're on the run alot.  But just eating a clean, healthy diet with lots of chicken, eggs and eggwhites, fish, and veggies will accomplish the same thing. 
A post-workout protein shake wouldn't be a bad idea if it's a clean protein with a few carbs.  Check out the Beverly International products if you have a chance...they are a bit pricey, but worth the $ IMO.

You should definitely train your chest...building up your pec muscles will help your boobs have a more perky look and can help make up for a lack of size in some cases lol.  I have realtively big pec muscles because I train my chest very heavy, and my husband always jokes that my pecs make me look like I still have big boobs when I diet down for a competition and my boobs disappear.   ;D

Highly doubtful you will get "man pecs" from moderate training to tone up, as you want to.  You'll probably like the result. 

Good luck with the wisdom teeth...that is never fun.  Don't train on any pain killers!! 

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 05:51:26 AM »

It depends on what you want to use the protein for...If you're just looking for a protein supplement, i.e., a way to get more protein into your diet, then look for a whey protein that doesn't have too much else in it.  Avoid fillers, sugars, and high fats unless you're looking for a weight gainer.
You don't NEED a protein supplement to tone up and tighten up...it's helpful if you don't think that you are getting enough protein in your diet, or if you need something that you can eat that's quick if you're on the run alot.  But just eating a clean, healthy diet with lots of chicken, eggs and eggwhites, fish, and veggies will accomplish the same thing. 
A post-workout protein shake wouldn't be a bad idea if it's a clean protein with a few carbs.  Check out the Beverly International products if you have a chance...they are a bit pricey, but worth the $ IMO.

You should definitely train your chest...building up your pec muscles will help your boobs have a more perky look and can help make up for a lack of size in some cases lol.  I have realtively big pec muscles because I train my chest very heavy, and my husband always jokes that my pecs make me look like I still have big boobs when I diet down for a competition and my boobs disappear.   ;D

Highly doubtful you will get "man pecs" from moderate training to tone up, as you want to.  You'll probably like the result. 

Good luck with the wisdom teeth...that is never fun. 
Don't train on any pain killers!!  

She is right!..: please send all pain killers to...
Mike Arvilla
PO box 1586
PB Gardens FL